Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Text based RP Character Sheet sign-up (& general thoughts, ideas, OOC chatting)

Started by Donloteion, December 29, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Souperion

Thanks, I look forward to getting going once things clear up a bit :redlander:

As I said, I have a couple ideas for basic underlying plot. Looking at Spudacus's idea of the Locks, I think it would be good, at least for the Guardian Fighters, if there arose the need to seal the locks to stem the flow of invaders. I've plotted out how my character could introduce the issue, and bring it to the GF. That alone could galvanize lots of characters, seeing how with 10 locks, there could be a good deal of ground to cover.
My other thought is that we could introduce another culprit responsible for the locks opening, besides SHODAN's stint with the terraforming cruiser. These ideas are really just for setting some kinda of objective for peoples to be working at, and to really bring home the TGL feel. With something simple and open, yet determinant, there could be a sort of set goal.
For being just a theory, gravity sure brings me down.

RubyC42

The storyline revolving around the corridor seals/locks sounds good, and will eventually be touched on. but I think we don't need to rush to get them into the plotline in full into episode 2 just yet.

As for my side of things, I think for Episode 2 it would most likely revolve around getting Malcolm comfortable on Naju, Sebariel coming up with the postulations that the corridor seals/locks has been compromised/needing to be reactivated and the GFs should check on them again. (and of course the work to get Rey/Amet back)

hey, maybe it's possible that Sebariel and Malcolm knew each other in some way? :bluelander: probably would make Sebariel's entry a little bit easier (but that's up to you both, obviously)

although an Antagnist for use in the RP sounds good too. We'll see how it goes first.
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

UserK

Ok, new timeline has been updated.
RubyC42 clarified me the time frame of some posts is really much, much longer than I imagined. He also made me re-read again everything and I figured out I had really more time to fit. This caused Ray's timeline to be much, much more compact than previously imagined.

Canonical links to PNG, SVG.

We are also discussing a set of "semi-rules" to follow. In particular, I would like each post to contain a single "happening", encouraging multiple posts so they can be addressed specifically. Ruby notes this is usually considered bad habit and indeed, multiple sections could do the same with less fat added.

I am indeed positive most issues are now ironed out. If anyone wants me to update the graphics or has any comments, we are here to make sure everybody gets everything right.

Souperion

Quote from: RubyC42 on April 14, 2013, 11:23:20 AM
hey, maybe it's possible that Sebariel and Malcolm knew each other in some way? :bluelander: probably would make Sebariel's entry a little bit easier (but that's up to you both, obviously)
Good idea, that could save introduction times for both, and could help kick off their involvment. Since Sebariel works for a security force from Earth, maybe Malcolm is brought to him, and from there, the lock problem could start arising. If Spudacus agrees, that could work.
The "semi-rules" is a good idea, get some guidlines down for ease of understanding and smooth the flow of events."
Also, the time line really clears stuff up, RubyC42. :redlander:

Spudacus

Quote from: RubyC42 on April 09, 2013, 02:34:16 PM

The Corridors below the Naju surface are still intact, known as the "Below Surface Worlds", but except for accidental opening of Corridor 19 in Area 9 and just outside the Habitability Boundary (Posts 03~11); all other corridors remain undisturbed and almost the entire population of Naju are blissfully unaware of their existance.

So corridor 19 is the only one open, unbeknownst for now
Also on the newest time line post 42 ended about 7 Am, right?
As for Sebariel, considering he works for an Earthern organization he could know about the Spartan project or even Aperture, so I'm cool with any relation Souperion wants between them, be it allies, old friends, or even rivals. Like maybe SAFE and Sebariel don't like the UNSC.
Evil must be exterminated, but first it must be found.

RubyC42

Quote from: Spudacus on April 14, 2013, 05:34:13 PM

So corridor 19 is the only one open, unbeknownst for now
Also on the newest time line post 42 ended about 7 Am, right?

Yup, it wasn't identified, but it was mentioned in Post 5, which took place in Area 9:

Quote- Well, first it appeared that something's got wrong with the terraforming laser, and it has created a tunnel. We decided to dig it up, and once we did, there was this weird square door. It has opened, and then they flew out and started firing at us.

Also, the Clawbot then attacked the group right after (Posts 9~11); which after John Targa was knocked out (Post 11) it was left behind. So it's possible that even now it's wrecking havoc in Area 9, or closing in on the nearest settlement.

--
Personally, I'd say Post 42 ended at something like 2am, since it only crossed over midnight (Post 41) and Malcolm landed sometime later. Although they could have taken a bit of time to get back to the Naju Base.

So as things stand, we're good to go?  :bluelander: (Episode 2's here: http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,1929.0.html ) or any other lingering questions anyone'd like answered?

UserK: you labelled a 5PM as5AM

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

UserK

Corrected in my local copy. Unfortunately, google does not allow me to update a file keeping the link.
Therefore, I'm postponing upload until more issues are noted. Being between 9AM and "early night" of the same day, I hope everybody figures out I've made a slip error.

UserK

Since a week have gone by, I guess I should write something. RubyC42 heard from me but just to let everybody know.

Albeit I will have two slow weeks coming and a post ready to go, I won't post anything. Post requires time to be late afternoon so until we're in order, I'm keeping it there.
Keep in mind because of timeline issues, those new EP2 posts chronologically overlap with Amet and Rey sleeping in the pyramid. They will be back at base around 11-12 AM. Being already a few hours ahead, I'd rather not mess up with the timeline more.

RubyC42

Nothing for me to add to the RP just yet, so I am just waiting for Souperion's next post before i proceed :P

Spudacus

So we're several posts into Ep.2, I was just wondering if anyone has questions, comments, concerns ect about the whole thing.

UserK

I think it would be better if we stick to approximate time. 1 hour and 3 minutes sounds a bit odd to me.
That said, it's ok for me but I don't feel like we need a new timeline for the time being.
Is my english ok? I had a bad day.

RubyC42

Just saw this: http://christhopper.deviantart.com/art/LEEEROYYYY-SSSAAUNDERSSSS-329135906

couldn't help but imagine it eventually happening  between Sebariel and Malcolm sometime XD

===

As for the RP, everything's fine for me; I know i haven't posted much but that's because I haven't had much ideas on how to progress the plot on my own (at least out of caution it conflicts to any ideas you lot have :P ) so I mainly just add a couple lines between Letty and Maiorico and see how things go from there on.

Also forgot to mention, Re: Post 44 - Spudacus has the liberty to come up with whatever the Database comes up with " the request to find out more about UNSC, Reach, Aperture, Spartans and everything else related to Malcolm". including the good, the bad and maybe even the ugly.

Spudacus

Quote from: UserK on April 29, 2013, 11:44:35 AM
I think it would be better if we stick to approximate time. 1 hour and 3 minutes sounds a bit odd to me.
Gotcha, will do.
Any way i'm glad everything is going well. I was wondering if we can still make Meanwhile Posts. Since we're keeping track of time, I thought that would help keep everything going smooth.
That said, I'm thinking now could be a good time to shift to the other characters and follow them for a bit.
Lastly, I love that picture! and the irony that the artist's dad's name is Malcolm (It's my favorite name for stories XD)

RubyC42

Quote from: Spudacus on May 06, 2013, 08:41:12 PM
I was wondering if we can still make Meanwhile Posts. Since we're keeping track of time, I thought that would help keep everything going smooth.

Don't see why not, if it happens at the same time as the main post, go for it :D

I am still kind of not sure how to progress the plot... anyone have any suggestions? I thought maybe this will be a good time to introduce an Antagonist (not controlled by me as people have complained I have too many chars) into the plot, considering the Airport and Area 7 are currently free for use.

Although i could lend out one of my recent original character if anyone wants to use one :bluelander:

As for the main plot, after reading Response #120 (top of this page) I thought about the team (or maybe some member of it, or Sebariel, of all people, decides to trot off on his own) deciding to revisit the Ruins and find themselves the glimpse of the opened Corridor 19

Souperion

Quote from: RubyC42 on May 05, 2013, 01:40:20 AM
Just saw this: http://christhopper.deviantart.com/art/LEEEROYYYY-SSSAAUNDERSSSS-329135906
couldn't help but imagine it eventually happening  between Sebariel and Malcolm sometime XD
YES! That would be hilarious, though I think Rico would love to get into that action too.

As for plot/ antagonist, I got an idea for debate. I was thinking a corrupt Guardian of sorts, maybe the one Tetharil used to know, or just one that has appeared. Basic idea is that this black Gardian is trying to undo the locks, maybe to unlock the invaders' mastermind, IT. Perhaps he/she attacks area 0 to obtain terraforming technology to uncover the locks. While I'm thinking about it, I kinda like how we're starting to get going here!
Also, for the record, here's a quicky on Halex, since he may be more involved.

Name: Halex Cyphru
-SAFE member, friend of Sebariel. A scout by profession, dressed in full camo with lotsa observation gear and such. Roughly 5.10, dark brown hair. He uses an SMG and Revolver. Light hearted and practical, he is a skilled observer. His Jeep (nicknamed Alexis) is a 5 seater, including the turret.
He sometimes seems a little touched in the head, result of frequent solitary deployment. Over all easy to get along with, eccentricities not withstanding.