Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Text based RP Character Sheet sign-up (& general thoughts, ideas, OOC chatting)

Started by Donloteion, December 29, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spudacus

I'm hoping to see UserK around soon, since we've reached the time he said his characters would be active (Post 52, 12:30). It'll be nice to get more on his side into the mishmash :bluelander:.
Evil must be exterminated, but first it must be found.

RubyC42

Edit 13 May: Added the GFs' example Chip count and HP, mostly as a measure of how they compare to each other
Edit 15 May: Added more about Killian's personality

Akrn Salthic - Chip: 2600, HP: 32, Def: 8

Quote from: Souperion on May 07, 2013, 06:04:05 PM
As for plot/ antagonist, I got an idea for debate. I was thinking a corrupt Guardian of sorts, maybe the one Tetharil used to know, or just one that has appeared. Basic idea is that this black Gardian is trying to undo the locks, maybe to unlock the invaders' mastermind, IT. Perhaps he/she attacks area 0 to obtain terraforming technology to uncover the locks.

Lol I actually had an idea about Tetharil's lost friend too although his purpose was more to take out his grievance on Tetharil (and by association, the other Guardian Fighters) than to try gain access to the Corridor Aliens and to tame IT for his own.

But it could be possible that during the long time that had elapsed he had discovered by himself the Corridors, maybe even spent the time down there in the Below-Surface Worlds; and after the Terraforming Disaster that opened them up he finally got the "freedom" he longed back onto the Naju Surface?

Also, if we're going with this route, then I will mention that this 'corrupt' Guardian (and the disaster that separated him and Tetharil) predates Akrn and all the Rookie GFs, so all 6 of them would have no idea who the hell he is, and he could in theory take advantage of that  :bluelander:

A brief talk about the personalities of the Rookie Guardian Fighters, incase anyone wants to know them farther:

They should have no effect on how they have already appeared in the Roleplay; this is merely to expand out their personalities and abilities should they be needed in later plot developments.

Amet Velpiks - a Sniper by trade, he is evidently trained to be as remorseless as possible when it comes to picking out targets and is generally the man of very few words and expressions. Evidently, the time he is spending with Rey Seightmour is dramatically changing his trait.

Pros: Have stealth technology, which he could use (if have enough chips to do so) to sneak up on an enemy, or to slip away when he gets in trouble. Extremely accurate marksmanship (obviously, as a Sniper)

Cons: Weaker protection in comparison to the other GFs due to more emphasis on stealth movement - also, most of his weaponry are long-ranged, which means he is very vulnerable when enemies get up close.

Chip: 4000, HP: 27, Def: 5

Killian Rhodallister - Unlike the other GFs, Killian is especially trained by Akrn Salthic himself. Although he is very cooperative and effective team-player in assissting other GFs when needed and is generally the all-round open guy that you could have a good conversation with, in crisis he could be overly dictatorial and authorative for comfort (eventhough his only intention was to keep everything and everyone under control)
             Due to the fact that he is under direct orders of Akrn and Tetharil, he is most likely not going to recognise authorities of any other Naju military officers (including Sebariel, so if he wants Killian's assisstance in anything he is going to have a hard time - although Killian will in the end join in only to be sure they don't get themselves in a mess)

Pros: Very powerful when in close-range combat due to his skill in martial arts. Also having the highest defence and relatively high HP which means he takes quite a bit to knock down

Cons: as with Akrn, has very limited ranged attacks so has to rely on other GFs or his own dodging skills when facing ranged enemies.

Chip: 3200, HP: 37, Def: 8

Samuel Laszlith - a Striker by trade, he prefers striking his targets from above which means he prefers fighter mode over walker mode, occasionally prefers hovering above-ground instead of walking. Personality wise he is constantly on the lookout for anything that he can blast from Naju's orbit, even if it's just a group of innocent pigeons that his weaponry have no chance of hitting anyway. Also, he is the kind of person you would want to constantly yell "calm down" at.

Pros: Has the highest Chip capacity of the lot, as well as the most varied aerial firepower.

Cons: Has no walker-mode weaponry, although he could in theory reposition his turrets to face the enemy when in walker mode, they become vulnerable to be struck out of shape which would totally ruin his fighting power. Also, depending on the scenario (e.g. swarmed by aerial enemies) he  could unleash an "all-out" attack thatblasts literally everything  in his sight, even if other GF and allied characters are well within range.

Chip: 12,000, HP: 23, Def: 6

Letearia Mechiko - The only active female member of the Guardian Fighters, she is the most compassionate of the lot and frequently shows that by making sure none of the allies around her get themselves in unnecessary danger. Informally, she is your typical naive girl that likes cute things, but formally she is very diplimatic and would try avoid bloodshed when it comes to engaging  other "talking" characters (evidented by the crash landing of Malcolm)
             She is the only GF that uses two main weapons: Crossbow for long-rage attacks and a electrically charged whip for short-range, she also uses two Gradius styled "options" to aid her battle when in fighter mode (not available until at least Episode 3), but other than that her weapon selection is very limited.

Pros: She has inbuilt repair system that can offer short-term repair and resupply to other Guardian Fighters - although she cannot use it on herself or on Akrn Salthic.

Cons: The least bravest of the GFs, she gets nervous and panicky when faced with large tasks which could dramatically effect her fighting performance. Also, she has the lowest HP of the GFs which implies she could end up being the first and easiest GF to get KO'ed

Chip: 6000, HP: 20, Def: 7

Maiorico dei Guardiani - Essentially the "male version" of Miria in that he is designed to be all-round balanced fighter in terms of Offense, Defence , Chip count and Fighter/Walker balance. Due to the seriousness nature of the other GFs, the Naju military constructed Maiorico especially to "lighten up the atmosphere" with his massively flamboyant, italienglish speaking personality (in addition to the other, darker reason for his creation). Known for his rashness when it comes to girls and tackling missions though dispite that he is perhaps next to Akrn in reliance in getting the mission complete.
             As he is usually the 7th (and thus, last) Guardian Fighter to be sortied for missions, he is usually used as the "backup" should any of the GFs get in trouble of their own and save their day. Due to this, his "successes" in "rescuing" his "comrades" had overtime fed his cockiness which made him all the unpopular among the GFs (even Akrn himself cannot stand him)

Pros: Having no Cons

Cons: Having no Pros

Chip: 4000, HP: 30, Def: 6

Any questions? just ask.
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

UserK

Ok, P52 is up. Takes about 20 minutes.
I appreciate a lot the queries from the DB. I have been thinking at some new elements for a while but couldn't figure out how to introduce them. I guess I'll drop something this weekend since it's raining again!

I am sorry I have been giving the impression Amet is changing. It really wasn't supposed to be. He is only interested in making the teamwork. Keep in mind that besides the words shared with you very little talking is going on between those two. As you will read, their partnership isn't quite smooth.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on May 10, 2013, 01:21:40 PM
I am sorry I have been giving the impression Amet is changing. It really wasn't supposed to be. He is only interested in making the teamwork. Keep in mind that besides the words shared with you very little talking is going on between those two. As you will read, their partnership isn't quite smooth.

Nonono, on the contrary, it's expected of Amet. I am very interested in seeing how Amet would develop given the unusual circumstances he is facing compared to the other GFs (some might also tell that Letty and Rico have changed slightly after getting themselves more involved with Malcolm and Sebariel, so we're all good, after all it's all part of the character evolution, no?)

Besides, with the enigmatic (as i see it) personality of Rey, Amet would end up being "pushed around" which you already did in Post 53.  :bluelander:

As all thing stand, just keep working at it as is :bluelander:

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

Spudacus

Edit May 14 Example Stats for relative comparison
Since bad guys need to be known, here are the new antagonist's basics for now. More will be revealed in time  XD
Callisto
Age unknown
Black armored Guardian, silver hair medium length. A visor can come down from his helmet and cover his face.
Details of his "betrayal" by Tetharil are unknown, probably left to RubyC42. He was somehow locked in the Below-Surface World but was released by Erajiv after the SHODAN showdown. He is singularity focussed with revenge on Tetharil but aims to destroy all Guardians too. He has a mixed respect of Erajiv and contempt for his demanding personality. He's an older model of the same era of Tetharil and Akern, and is equipped with a variety weaponry ranging from the area blast, repeller, to cutter lasers. Has high HP, chip cap. and very skilled. One of the original Guardians.
Chip 9000 Hp 36 Defense 5 Offense 8
Erajiv
Unidentified species (For now), close to eight feet tall, dark blue armor large arm blade, apparently electrically charged as seen post 56 part 2.
Very aggressive, subjugating, and self righteous (Kinda based off Halo Elites).His knowledge of Naju suggests he inhabited Naju before the events of The Guardian Legend. He strives to "release" Naju by opening all the corridors and employing the monsters to destroy the human colonies. Possess great physical abilities. Beneath his hemet is a large third eye, which has mystic properties. Knows the terrain of Naju and it's secret passages (to explain his rapid movement.)
HP 45 Defense 7 Offense 11

RubyC42

Just leaving this here

Made this new timeline for Posts 51~59 just to be sure everyone are on the same boat:

Posts 43~50 seems to be linear enough, so didn't include them here.

Let me know if i missed or misunderstood anything.

Key to tags:
(A) - Area 9 / Corridor 19
(B) - Area 0W
(C) - Naju Central
(D) - Area 5
(E) - Naju Backside

==10th hour==
(A) 43~51 - 10:00 +30 - The group fights the Clawbot, succeeds, meets Halex, regroups and heads to Area 0W

==12th Hour==
(A) 55 - 12:00 +10 - Erajiv and Callisto enters the stage, Callisto heads to Area 5

(B) 52 p1 - 12:30 - Letty interviews the refugees and Sebariel believes Corridor 19 is responsible
(B) 54 p1 - 12:30 +10 - Sebariel and Maiorico leaves to Area 9

(C) 52 p2 - 12:30 - Killian obtains records from Naju Core's Database
(C) 57 - 12:45 +25 - Killian and Colonel Shores discuss the results of the Database's records about UNSC

==13th Hour==
(A) 54 p2 - 13:30 - Sebariel and Maiorico arrives at Area 9
(A) 56 p2 - 13:30 +15 - Sebariel enters Corridor 19, Rico is knocked out by Erajiv
(A) 58 - 13:45 + 40 - Sebariel challenges Erajiv, collapses passage to Corridor 19, leaves with Maiorico

==15th Hour==
(B) 59 p1 - 14:20 +1h20 -  Halex called for a shuttle to bring them and the refugees back to Naju Central, the group reunites and they all depart

(D) 59 p2 - 15:30 +10 -  Callisto Arrives at Area 5

==Late Afternoon==

(E) 53 - Amet loses patience with Rey / they plans for the Great Escape
(E) 56 p1 Amet goes out to find food for the next few days

Spudacus

Should it be mentioned that in posts 43~51 that they meet Halex? otherwise I'm cool with the timeline.
I was wondering if we should give all characters relative stats for comparison like the GFs. That could help some fight scenes :bluelander:.

RubyC42

Quote from: Souperion on May 14, 2013, 09:34:39 PM
Post 58
(Note: The crater is in the form of a large cave-like opening.)

-?Please insert pie to proceed"

Oh, so the crater/corridor seal is prependicular to the surface? I always thought it was parallel to the surface and the corridor's opening  is on the ground (like in actual TGL game) than on the wall

Also, i LOL'ed at the pie reference XD

Quote from: Spudacus on May 14, 2013, 09:33:06 PM
Should it be mentioned that in posts 43~51 that they meet Halex? otherwise I'm cool with the timeline.
I was wondering if we should give all characters relative stats for comparison like the GFs. That could help some fight scenes :bluelander:.

Fixed, and the timeline was just to be sure we got the time correct  :bluelander: although i think all parts of the story are back together timewise.

If you want to, go ahead  :bluelander:

Forgot to mention, Erajiv's has a blaster located on the other arm as well  :bluelander:, although somehow the artist didn't include it in the final version which is why you couldn't see it... my bad

UserK

So, I had a full free day... and I read this. I'm afraid I'm starting to feel confused again so I guess it's time for a timeline picture. I wonder if I could do it by the end of Friday, it became apparent to me as I tried to write something which is more chronologically inline with what's going on.

Quote from: RubyC42 on May 10, 2013, 01:28:25 PMBesides, with the enigmatic (as i see it) personality of Rey, Amet would end up being "pushed around" which you already did in Post 53.  :bluelander:
Thank you very much. I didn't try to make him enigmatic, he's just somehow shellshocked.

RubyC42

Responded as a PM.

But if anyone  wants to, here's the "rough" timeline for Episode 2 as of Post 59: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/Rubycored/TGL/TGL-CH259.png

As things stand, the "front side" plotlines should be back in sync  with each other, with the Backside still some hours ahead. Posts 55 and 57 were a bit out of line i think to introduce new characters (especially the antagonists)

Spudacus

Everything looks in order, time wise. BTW, sweet looking Erajiv, though I almost prefer your "Azyrick" name. Maybe that's his last name :bluelander:. And that was a nice fight with Sebariel, I kinda imagined Erajiv was straight out tougher than him.

I'm gonna go ahead and give stats for my characters for reference. Since Malcolm has 3 weapons I'll list them individually.
Malcolm
Hp 20 Shields 20 Defense 4 (Doesn't apply to shields)
Offense (from fastest to slowest): Magnum Pistol 3 DMR 6 Gravity hammer 12

RubyC42

So we all agree that Souperion is officially awesome at fight scenes? :redlander:

Granted, i rarely do fight scenes myself, mainly because I tend to make it overly short, or overly unbalanced, and I tend to make Evil triumph all too often...

are my own posts alright for everyone though?

Spudacus

Souperion

Quote from: RubyC42 on May 16, 2013, 01:11:36 PM
So we all agree that Souperion is officially awesome at fight scenes? :redlander:
You sir, flatter me. I also like your posts; good story developments.
And yes, I liked the idea of the crater being perpindicular (the seal was flat, but there was the cave thanks to impact), because I figured that the laser hit it at an angle. That, and it made Seb's plan be more practical, because he sure coudn't take Erajiv alone.

To keep up with the team, I'll do my character stats/ skilliness. (They both are inherently more frail than most, because they are mostly normal ( ::)) humans.
-Sebariel: Reflexive blocker. Psionics vary, primarily support/tactical applications.
HP: 11. Def 3. -- Blade Power: 6-- Shoty--4.
Halex: Highly elusive, good cover/camo. Has active camoflage function to blend in (short term).
-HP: 9. Def 2. --SMG Power: 3. medium range--Revolver: 4. medium range.
For being just a theory, gravity sure brings me down.

RubyC42

http://sta.sh/0133kgzuqgwq

hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's....

...i don't even know who could this design fit, Samuel perhaps?

but anyway's here's one of the currently being designed Guardian Fighters XD , done by the same artist who did the sprite edits , dispite it being FABULOUSly colourful (but that's the artist's style, everything she does is like that)

Anyway, cheers for the feedback, I said at the start of the RP that i changed my writing style from Ep1 so i wasn't sure...