Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Text based RP Character Sheet sign-up (& general thoughts, ideas, OOC chatting)

Started by Donloteion, December 29, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Souperion

I think it is good that we introduce some non-permanent characters. I like the Idea of getting the story lines back within a 30 minute radius of each other  :). I like the layout.

Should we say Killian pulled off the distress cal around 17:30? That would give group 1 (Seb, Malcolm, Letty) time to get transport (Via Horaculous, methinks) with Sigurbelle and head that way. If you guys want, I'll take care of the reassignment post for group 1.
And since this could end up being a little important, how long should Rico be out of commision? a few hours? An episode? If applicable, should he come with the group and recieve medical attention from Sigurbelle (poor girl, she is really a medic right now  :) :-[) during the journey?
Since I never quite picked it up, which area are Rey and Amet in again?

Aaand another piece of food for thought: should Callisto find the peoples at the Festival or should we have a different, less personable problem pop up for the occasion?
For being just a theory, gravity sure brings me down.

RubyC42

Quote from: Souperion on June 04, 2013, 04:16:53 PM
Should we say Killian pulled off the distress cal around 17:30?

Sure, it would be around 17:30~17:40 when he made the call. Part 2 of Post 65 will start at the end of Killian's call and him walking out of the phonebooth

That would give group 1 (Seb, Malcolm, Letty) time to get transport (Via Horaculous, methinks) with Sigurbelle and head that way. If you guys want, I'll take care of the reassignment post for group 1.

To avoid super-sonic travels, the group will need about 2, 3 hours to get to Area 5, so the festival would have just ended when they arrive (and Horaculous going all "wait, i missed the festival?! D: " XD)

And sure :bluelander:

And since this could end up being a little important, how long should Rico be out of commision? a few hours? An episode? If applicable, should he come with the group and recieve medical attention from Sigurbelle (poor girl, she is really a medic right now  :) :-[) during the journey?

I'll leave that up to you :redlander: He could be told to sit in the medical bay while the others head to Area 5 (which would see him out of action until well into Area 3 Mission), or true to his personality, he will insist in coming since he doesn't trust Sebariel and Malcolm going with Letty XD (which would then depend on who gets the Blue Lander when they get there)

Since I never quite picked it up, which area are Rey and Amet in again?

It would depend on whether we're using the "Odd Areas and 0 on Frontside and Even Areas on Backside" system of Naju Geography, in that case, Amet/Rey would be in what would be described as Area 4 :bluelander:.

Aaand another piece of food for thought: should Callisto find the peoples at the Festival or should we have a different, less personable problem pop up for the occasion?

I plan to have the festival proceed without any trouble, since we're going to use TGL stuff, i thought it would be a good time when i can use THIS

My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

Spudacus

Alright, sounds good. Can't wait to see how this goes down! wait... phonebooth? XD
Evil must be exterminated, but first it must be found.

RubyC42

Quote from: Spudacus on June 06, 2013, 11:34:00 AM
wait... phonebooth? XD

LOL well Killian needed a way to contact Shores... so a phonebooth came up as the most obvious candidate for that  :bluelander:

if you have better suggestion let me know :P

oh yeah, might not be able to post the full Post 65 today, but i will try at least post up enough details about Killian's call to Colonel Shores (which is really only about 3 lines XD), so at least you both have something to link up with in the meantime  :bluelander:

If needed, here's the current approximate state of the Airport:
> The runways' back in operational order, although the departures and arrivals are still backlogged
> debris clearup are mostly complete by this stage, though the wreckage of USF Compile is still there under heavy guard
> Airport still suffering extensive damage, the reconstruction is still ongoing though there are not as much passenger congestion as to the flight congestion

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

RubyC42

I see we have a period of inactivity lately (again)...

So, everyone going through busy times, writers' block, waiting for UserK to show up, or just waiting for me to finish Post 65?

Of it's the 4th option it will be a while since my GF is doing her exams and won't be available until next week... and certain parts require her input.

But if there's anything else any of you are needing before the next post let me know and i'll fill you guys in.

Souperion

I've just had a busy few weeks, and have been re-re-revising plans ( ::)) to make 'em more interesting. I'ma working on it though!

Okay, post is up. I hope that Sigurbelle was acting in accordance with Ruby's thoughts on her character. Incase you don't know, the frigate Irem is in the same nature of the Compile in the respect that Irem was another part owner of TGL (sob).
If there are any other concerns, lemme know :redlander:.

Spudacus

Okay, good to see things starting again. just as a side thought on Akrn, he seems to have more mechanical components than the other GFs, possibly a result of his different construction than the local not-so-rookie-anymore GFs. a question on area 5, are the crystal fields in subterranean caverns with mountain ranges above? That's what I've gathered from area descriptions ::).

Plot discussion for Sebariel/Malcolm etc side: I was considering they get attacked by ariel enemies, forcing them to use the boosters, but then the ship gets damaged and Siguerbelle and Malcolm (rescuing her) fall out into the below caverns, where they'll eventually find one of the original teleport panels to area 5 (around the end of the festival). But I can't figure out what the other's would do XD.

RubyC42

Quote from: Spudacus on June 15, 2013, 09:23:55 PM
Okay, good to see things starting again.

Ha, sorry to keep you waiting, mate  :( :-[ you must have  been getting pretty bored/impatient at us after nearly 10 days of nothin to build on XD

On the plot discussion:

How about maybe Malcolm and Letty get together? If we're going to continue the TGL-theme from this point on (which might rule out Sigurbelle even if there might be a subplot possible revolving the wider Aperture and TriOptimum, since it would then diverge from the original TGL universe) it could be possible that te pair have a small personality development and/or stumbled on another Lander while there on the ground.

Unless Souperion have other ideas or prefer the team get to Area 5/Mutena City in one team  :bluelander:

On Area 5 descriptics.

I got the idea of the mountain range from these corridor visuals

flatlands, volcanoes, pillars, and craters XD , ok , not as much as slopes and cliffs, so imagine the area being a lot more rugged and steep than the flatlands here

So the crystal mines/areas below the mountain range  might full well be there, just not visible on the surface  :bluelander:

UserK

Hello! So... I took a couple of hours to read those new posts. I needed again to read them twice.
I have come to realize I don't know what we are drawing there and I don't see anymore how my style fits the frame. I've had a lot of difficulties writing something new to be ready for when the timelines are synced but I have no result. I initially believed this was due to the intricacies of the events which have been set up. A couple hours ago however, I came to the conclusion I don't want to contribute more for the time being. I'm afraid this condition will turn out to be permanent.

RubyC42

Hmm, that's bad news indeed - the last we'd want is another person to drop out of the RP after all that effort.

Maybe you're just suffering a bout of writer's block? It happens when you think you have a plan but it doesn't want to come out correctly on paper. Had it plenty of times myself over te RP too.

QuoteI don't see anymore how my style fits the frame
I thought it's natural that everyone have different styles of their own? so that's the problem there? Sure there was a bit of problem linking the plotlines togather because of the  huge distance between yours and ours, but aren't we already working on it to bring it back all together eventually?

It's fine if you want to sit out for couple more posts, but please let us know where and how you would like to join back into the plotline, at least set us a target/checkpoint to reach, if it helps.

Souperion

Quote from: UserK on June 16, 2013, 06:35:36 AM
...I came to the conclusion I don't want to contribute more for the time being. I'm afraid this condition will turn out to be permanent.
Oh man, I'm sorry. I was a bit afraid of how spontaneous plot development is in an RP. I can understand though. However, if you want/need a way to feel more involved, may I suggest that you concoct an additional character to add to the mix? Maybe a bit of a bridge that could help Rey when he returns to civilization. I'm not saying that Rey needs to join the main group; we just need to give him a role, I guess, once he and Amet reach civilization. Perhaps they reach area 3 (They are in the adjascent area 4, right?), and possibly its security outpost? If either of the groups found 'em, we could probably skip the telling of Amet and Rey's story (for time's sake) by using a prerequisite.

I guess if we can just get the Characters on your side involved, I'm sure it will be more excited. Maybe the two see a passing jet over head, and take the gamble to follow it (unknowingly to area 3.) We'd hate to lose your input :-\.

Now, for the other side of the story, I didn't really have any idea what would happen en route to area 5, so whatever you guys think would be interesting, I'm cool with. If they lost Malcolm, rather than Sigurbelle, that would probably mean that they would have to keep going to get aid to Akrn and such (having him paired with Letty would give them more confidence in abandoning him, too ::)).

Spudacus

Right, I'm going with Malcolm falls out and Letty is sent to see if he's alive, letting the rest stay on course to area 5, about an hour left to go.

I hope you (UserK) don't feel too hopeless yet, and I hope nothing I'm responsible for is affecting your writers block. Should we go over the events we're aiming at happening? My conclusions so far is (in no particular order);

A: Amet and Rey establish some contact with either a group or NSF (Maybe Earl and Leona? They've been inactive and could come back.)

B: Killian's group attends the festival with Aaron with no problems (probably).

C: Sebariels group reaches area 5 and contacts Killian and CO. (Including Malcolm and Letty eventually.)
These are just basic guesses with side events not involved, and are up for contemplation.

RubyC42

Re: Post 65

Right, so this is taking a lot longer than expected, so apologies for not being able to finish that one yet.

Now that i think of it, would you guys prefer a more sliced down "summary" instead of the full text?  (important parts like Aaron talking through the Festival to Killian will still be written out in full)

Also, I don't have anything in mind atm for post 67, unless Spudacus is waiting for my input on something? Though a small plot could revolve with Sigurbelle asking Sebariel for details about Malcolm  :bluelander:

Or anyone having any other issues with the RP that people feel they need to address? (Other than working out how to get UserK back into the story)

22 June 2013

Still writer's blocked x_x, sincerly i hate this considering we're at an unstable position as it stands...

Spudacus

I've just had a busy week and been unable to prepare any material, but I'm starting work on the next post (Part of the flight to area 5.) And I'll be sure to avoid any complications I can and keep the action up. Should be up shortly(ish) :redlander:.

Spudacus

Post 67 up. Sorry for being long winded, shouldn't happen again, just alot of material i wanted down in one post. I apologize in advance for any complicated wording, especially the portal scene.
Also, don't feel that my rendition of the Red lander has to be yours, this one (smiley as i've taken up callig him :redlander:) could be unique in his gibberish.