Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Text based RP Character Sheet sign-up (& general thoughts, ideas, OOC chatting)

Started by Donloteion, December 29, 2012, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubyC42

Nah, that's nothing compared to some of the stuff i've written up previously XD. I like it :bluelander:

Now that I think of it, we also haven't used the teleporting system yet - maybe Malcolm and Letty manages to use one of them (the one the Red Lander Smiley brings them to) and arrives at Mutena City/Lander Festival ahead of schedule? (as in, before Horaculous and co actually arrives)

Ofcourse, this'll still be a couple posts ahead (around Post 72, depending on the events of inbetweens) so there's time to juice up the plot ideas. :bluelander:
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

Spudacus

That was actually more/ less what I've had in mind. I intend them to find a teleporter and Smiley give them a key to use it.
Evil must be exterminated, but first it must be found.

RubyC42

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

UserK

Hello, my work is turning out way more demanding than I expected so as I previously written, don't expect to see more from me.
As I noted weeks ago, the goal of ep2 was to make Rey+Amet position know using radio contact with them eventually being back to base. By how ep2 has evolved so far, this appears unlikely to happen. I think everybody has an idea of what they were going to do in the near future, but I lack a vision to make it happen as even after they join the group, all the issues will still be not solved. Feel free to advance their events if you need to.

RubyC42

At this rate, what shall we do with the RP? Try continue as usual? or let's start a totally new one but with the same (albeit reduced, if needed be) crew?

UserK

I don't know, I'm out it for now. Perhaps in autumn we could be talking about it again but for the time being I'm done with it.

Spudacus

I think we could make a new one with a reduced crew. What I thought could be neat is if we make a side story using different characters in the same setting. That could help us not have to remake the entire story line, and touch on more original TGL material sooner.
We could also alter the plot to remove any unnecessary complications as we need to. Just my thoughts.

Souperion

Yeah, a little side story of sorts to keep brain food coming, since the main RP is too large for just a few people. Perhaps some peoples find a corridor and head into the sub-level of Naju? We could all contribute a character or two that combined would compose this little troop. Just an idea :redlander:

It could help too if we set some kind of climax or goal for the little story, so that every one can take turns filling events.
For being just a theory, gravity sure brings me down.

RubyC42

So basically, how we did the start of Episode 2? Could work with that.

As for the main plotlines, since we already know how the remainder of the plot is going to be (save for the Amet/Rey branch); I think we could just skip ahead, finish episode 2 in summary form and head to episode 3 instead?

How episode 2 (at least the festival part) will finish as I had in my head:

> The Lander Festival will take place as normal, Killian and Letty & Malcolm reunite, they "buy" upgrades from the Landers (Killian a new sabre, and Letty a more powerful crossbow/whip). and saves their progress is needed to

> Horaculous and co also make it to Area 5 - Mutena City, the whole team head to the Outpost and Sigurbelle uses one of the Blue Lander to heal Akrn, much to Samuel's jealousy

> Due to limited occupancy of  Horaculous's aircraft, Sigurbelle, Letty*, and Samuel remain behind in Mutena City so Malcolm, Sebariel, Halex, Killian and Akrn can return to Naju Central. Episode 3 may start with Horaculous departing to bring the trio back. (this is to allow for the reduced crew needed for Episode 3)
* - if Souperion prefers/likes Letty, she can replace Killian as the one that heads back with Akrn, while Killian stay behind

> Callisto will eventually find out that he had been duped by the faux signal, and will head to Area 3 with Erajiv after being ordered to, as usual.

> Episode 3 will then start at the morning of Day 4, when everyone's rested and ready to head off to Area 3 (at least all characters will be together and there won't be too many of plot branches to worry about)

Spudacus

Allright, let's give that plan a shot. We could always later add to episode 2 to fill in the holes if we want later.

As far as ep3's goals, Rey and Amet must be somehow connected. I was thinking that Erajiv launches an attack at a military outpost in area 3 which is built on top of a corridor (unbeknownst to the NSF) and that's where the party is sent. Rey and Amet could notice the monster swarm passing through area 4 to 3 and be drawn to the battle, thus getting involved once an for all. Any other thoughts?

Souperion

Sounds good to me. Lets finish this episode. I'm fine with the travel reservations for the way back :redlander:
I like the plan for area 3. Maybe the group works their way underground after the attack (omigosh corridor time!). Of course, we can worry more about that as the current plans unfold.

RubyC42

you both live together or  something, you always post together, lol.

So yeah, where shall we start? Back at the base?

Spudacus

Truth be told yeah, we room together XD

Let's start back at base (those who are, anyway :bluelander:)
I kinda want Smiley to stay with Letty. Y'all can improvise with his gibberish talk XD.

Souperion

I add my consent to the plans. I thinks that good bi-lingual guardian Maiorico should be operational by then. I was thinking that about the time everyone is rested up and good to go area three outpost (name idea- Vandhald) would be under attack by Erajiv's preemptive assault on the place. I would like to involve the Terramute dragon as his trump card and a great foe for the combined group. For a little more interesting work, I theorize that after the first wave of attack is repelled, some people (Lead by Halex, since he is sort of a reconnaissance/ observations expert) take a look around, and discover the dragons lair ( ::)) just before Erajiv awakens it. As always, just my ideas for the future.
I guess now we need someone to step up to the plate to start episode 3. At least, the prologue to cover what we arn't writing :redlander:. Once we get that, it'll be a little smoother sailing methinks.

Spudacus