Updates:

Fans are welcome!

New to the Site!

Started by zfunk007, August 25, 2013, 04:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zfunk007

Hello everyone! Just registered with the forums here and it is great to see that there is actually a Guardian Legend community! I had no idea. I'm so glad I found this awesome site!

As far as how I discovered the game, my uncle bought me TGL for Christmas in 1989. It took me and my brother a while to get into it (mainly because we had trouble beating the opening shooter level, which I find hilarious now) but I think by mid 1990 we were engrossed in it. Just such a fantastic game. I make it a point to play through it every 5 years or so. And as a matter of fact, I just (literally) finished it for the third time which is what led me to this site. Although I wasn't able to actually beat it until about 2005. It just takes a little dedication which I'm thinking I lacked in my teens and earlier (I was 10 when I got the game).

And one more thing, I write for a Retro Gaming website called 1 More Castle and my article next week is going to be a huge write up on TGL. My goal is to attempt to make it the most detailed and in depth article on the game anywhere on the net. It's going to follow my personal journey with the game throughout the last 24 years and also a trip through the game itself. I will post the link here in the forums once the article goes live.

Great to be here guys!

Spudacus

Greetings! It seems that challenging old game has a hold on more people than I thought! looking forward to that article, good luck and have fun researching (replaying, cough cough)!
Evil must be exterminated, but first it must be found.

Souperion

Welcome to the elite(?) ranks of TGL fans!
Brownie points to ya for your article goal! It would really cool (and ridicules) if you were able inspire a resurgence of the game. Picture it: more and more people hunting down the game (or emulator), a great swell of popularity, petitions for its revival, and a wicked awesome remake!
... I'll stop dreaming now. ::)
For being just a theory, gravity sure brings me down.

arseniy

Hey! Welcome! :redlander:
I also would love to see the article! Hope you drop a link here when it's finished! :heart: :heart: :heart:

zfunk007

Wow, thanks for the support guys! I've actually been doing quite a bit of research on the web about this game and as far as I can tell there is next to nothing on the history of the game, how it was made, who was involved, etc. It's very disheartening. So if any of you know of a place where I can find information about how this game was developed I would appreciate it. I guess maybe it's just the fact that it's a lesser known game. But there has to be something out there!

The only information I've really found are small "shrine" websites devoted to the game, dozens of gamefaq type sites with cheat codes and passwords, a couple of what seem like defunct projects to remake the game, ROM hack websites and a lot of retro reviews (quite a few that are very short and poorly written, but also a few gems that are very good). There also seems to be a cultist obsession with the different box arts for the game because I have found more articles pertaining to TGL box art than pretty much anything else.

In my article I'd also like to include links to all the good websites and reviews I can find (this site will be front and center!). I just want to inspire people to play this game because it is just fantastic. When I finished it last night I honestly felt like just starting over and playing it again. It's that good.

Anyway, like I said, if any of you know of a place on the web to get any good info on TGL I would appreciate it! Thanks!

zfunk007

Also! If any of you are on twitter lets follow each other!

I'm at @zfunk007

UserK

Hello zfunk007, I cannot wait to read your article I wwill be checking this one more castle site as soon as I can! Sadly, I'm not on twitter, when I don't work with computers I try to stay away from them and the net.