Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend: WORLDS

Started by Quoise Games, February 19, 2015, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattrick_

Are you planning on keeping this in Flash?
Or are you going to open the source on this one?

I am going to look into disassembling the entire rom here in near future, and see what it would take using our main programmers disassember.

Mattrick_

Okay i now have our main programmers disassembler, and this weekend will be logging a true 100% playthrough of the game. This means every screen, every text box, every shop, every encounter, every corridor, every everything.
This should give me a full log of every single function in the game.

If this is something that you can benefit from Quiose, let me know and i can send you the disassembly log when its done.
Ideally here, with the entire game logged and routed, anything that you are missing should be able to be located, and then adjusted as needed.

The one thing the disassembler does not do currently, is graphics. Eventually, he is going to rewrite the disassembler to include graphics, but thats not a thing.

Anyway, this is happening, so let me know if its something that  you can make use of.

arseniy

sounds crazy tho. I mean that is quite big amount of work. what is the reason to do this deep research?

Mattrick_

Well heres the thing, the more info that developers have, the more they can get done in a shorter period of time.
If i can provide him with anything he doesnt already have, then that only helps to further improve on the program.
Thats what this kinda research is all about.

I can almost guarantee you that at one time, Optomon had everything when he made TGL secret.... he just lost all his documentation =/

MeowingKitty

Mattrick_ thank you for your hard work. If there's anything Tishero or I can do as players to help please let us know! Hopefully our gang and your gang can get together for some really awesome races some day. We even had an item tracker made for when we did races. Tishero also started a dedicated Twitch race channel. Just wanted to make a post so you know that we see you! And we greatly appreciate any and all efforts to make this happen!

Mattrick_

I need to get in touch with vaxherd as well, because afaik he has a disassembly already that is notated for things that were useful in the any% run... this could save hours of work

Mattrick_

As it turns out... Vaxherd DID indeed have a full disassembly of the game. It is however, only partly notated.

I can easily upload it here, or provide a copy of it to Quoise if it will help with any development of the randomizer.
Just let me know!

Quoise Games

Yes you can post the details here.
I'm working on a new randomizer from scratch (not a rom hack). In the very early stages of it but I'll keep you all posted.

arseniy

Wow. From scratch again? Hope it's worthy.

Would it be beatable every time?

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on December 08, 2020, 12:23:39 AM
Wow. From scratch again? Hope it's worthy.

Would it be beatable every time?
yes, since I'm making it instead of modifying

arseniy

In secret edition few bosses had altered projectiles. I wonder if this is possible to have randonmize of bosses projectiles. Also could be good to make 2 bosses which in original go by only 1 time(Terramute, Zib Zub, Craw Daddy). Instead of too much of others. Same with minibosses. There are too much easy diggers who spreads polypuses(crawling star fishes) on the ground.

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on December 19, 2020, 04:32:15 AM
In secret edition few bosses had altered projectiles. I wonder if this is possible to have randonmize of bosses projectiles. Also could be good to make 2 bosses which in original go by only 1 time(Terramute, Zib Zub, Craw Daddy). Instead of too much of others. Same with minibosses. There are too much easy diggers who spreads polypuses(crawling star fishes) on the ground.

I don't want to give too much of the game away, but basically a lot more stuff will be randomized now that I have direct control of it.

arseniy

On the other side. Often people don't estimate their energy and put in too much ideas. And then have not enough of energy charge and give up  :skull: :skull: :skull: . So maybe I should not overwhelm with the features  ;D . It's better to pick just some best ones at first, and keep other stuff for possible updates.
Anyway it's great to see you are back with this  :heart:

Ratix

hey uh, how is the new randomizer going? i was playing a random seed i generated on 2.0 and my game ended early due to entering corridor 0 in "jerks" world that i generated.

arseniy

Fireball doing some randomizer. Can you ask him on Discord?
https://discord.gg/93C68CT