Updates:

Fans are welcome!

My TGL Sega Genesis covers

Started by azurestar, February 14, 2015, 12:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azurestar

Hey guys I'm a long-time fan of The Guardian Legend and I loved the game so much, I've decided to do Sega genesis remixes of the game.

Everyone can check it out here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZGbEzHTuiw

Edit: Link to zip folder with the remixes www.mediafire.com/download/z2965oz19sk1wjb/

arseniy

Thanks. Please don't forget to tell here when you add mediafire link.
Also I written you in some comments there was something like background noise or some sound that don't fit that makes some tracks unpleasant to listen.

azurestar

Thanks, I forgot to add link to here.

Yeah you did mention that about some tracks awhile back.
Can you tell me which tracks has that? I'm re-editing  a few tracks a bit to remove the unnecessary noise

arseniy

I browsed through tracks and it seems:

:bluelander: Area 3 - volume is a bit softer than the other tracks.
:bluelander: Area 6 - first part of the loop has wrong bass note
:bluelander: Boss 3 - Some mud in the low end. I think some instrument plays a melody and has long release that creates the mud.
:bluelander: Corridor 1 & 2 - the main melody instrument lack of brightness. Sounds blurred(then plays with bells those are bright, maybe too bright  ::) ).
:bluelander: Corridor 3 & 4 - I think has long release for the  bass and it creates some mud. If you set polyphony to 1 that will not be the problem because each new note will shut up currently playing note.
:bluelander: Corridor 5 & 6 - lack of bass part.(and probably sounds louder than the other tracks)
:bluelander: Corridor 7 & 8 - some instrument has such sound that creates very dirty dissonant sound(maybe playing wrong notes I dunno). For me it sounds like orchestra_hit.
:bluelander: Password Screen - has some notes in low end with long release that creates lot of mud.

azurestar

I'm sorry for not posting for awhile, but I've been going back over the remixes and changing/removing some instruments. For a start, I have updated the Password theme which is now V2, and then I used a different midi of the password theme to make V3.

What do you guys think?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/csbpib5r27rp409/TGL+Password+V2+%2B+V3.zip

arseniy

V2 has a mud in low frequences. Can you use equalizer to remove some low freqs from some instruments? Actually can be removed from all exept the bass and kick. This will remove the mud created by something I not sure what.

But it sounds cleaner than first version on youtube.

V3 Has bad kick. It overrides the whole song. Also when the melody changes the instrument on 0:10 it sounds unpleasant.

I like both versions. V2 is more action, more for space flight. V3 is less action more suitable for menu screen.

azurestar

Hi again! I just uploaded Boss C V2 to mediafire.   What do you guys think of this one? For the main melody I think I used one of the Dynamite Headdy vopms.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/ezpmveh295mbe0r/TGL_Boss_3_V2.mp3

arseniy

Isn't it super repetitive? Of course the original is same repetitive  ;D

azurestar

arseniy

Thought is this. Instead of frequent kick(bass drum) use some percussion.
I mean keep the kick in some usual rhythm but instead of other hits put some percussion.

UserK

How did I manage to miss this so long?

I'm a bit surprised, some (such as title screen) sound almost the same to me while some others are completely "next gen"  :P

I will listen more carefully as soon as I have more time.

Ratix

Not gonna lie. The organic corridor is is pretty fire.

arseniy

Quote from: Ratix on February 28, 2021, 11:33:32 PM
Not gonna lie. The organic corridor is is pretty fire.

There is something like one of the parts plays slightly later which makes it unlistenable for me. The one that sounds like distortion rock guitar or something. Maybe there are some other issues but that one especially bad.