Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Play this substantially Modified NES Guardian LEgend

Started by optomon, March 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagnarokNAJU

Nice! a sequel sounds awesome.. but i love the original gameplay and this game too much.. having anew map with new challenges is awesome! do i ever get a gun poweup lol? and i love the screens with like 12 enemies storming at once! im lovin this!
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

Check out Recca. It's very hardcore NES SHMUP with unique music.

RagnarokNAJU

Damn.. Iwas at the end of the organic area and my save state vanished... oh well, i should have bought that redlander anyways!
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

Is this VirtuaNes or Area x1 y19 looks like buggy like when you out of map? :skull:

RagnarokNAJU

Just beat the game.. got 2,700,390 for score... awesome game.. lots of the corridors were really challenging, I trruly enjoyed this.. got anymore optomon?

Quote from: arseniy on March 15, 2010, 09:16:27 PM
Is this VirtuaNes or Area x1 y19 looks like buggy like when you out of map? :skull:

Its not the emulator :redlander:
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on March 16, 2010, 10:34:31 AM
Just beat the game.. got 2,700,390 for score... awesome game.. lots of the corridors were really challenging, I trruly enjoyed this.. got anymore optomon?

Its not the emulator
Well does there somewhere buggy places was fo you?

RagnarokNAJU

No, I didn't encounter any other graphical bugs or anything.. That one room did look funny in the jungle that you mentioned..
~~ Cleaveland

optomon

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on March 16, 2010, 10:34:31 AM

Its not the emulator :redlander:

Congrats on the completion, but that is all I have pretty much. I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I wanted this game for those who had mastered the original game. Some of the corridors can be really harsh, especially the bosses (the one in corridor 10 might be the one that is truly pushing the limits, you kind of have to "outcheap" him I'll admit). The only other changes I had planned for this game were to make full edits of the corridors (as you know, a couple of them like corridor 3 are significantly altered though most are either the same or are switched).

I'll have to check out that one area, X1, Y19. Sometimes I don't visit areas for years during the course of testing this game.

arseniy

Congrats on the boss at area 6
Seems finally fixed his homing rockets so they fly very fast and stonger so seems not possible to stupidly push the laser into the boss and destroy all of them.
Really like that this boss was fixed to the challenging.

RagnarokNAJU

and how about blue optomon as a mini boss? tre' chic
~~ Cleaveland

optomon

Quote from: arseniy on March 19, 2010, 02:47:25 AM
Congrats on the boss at area 6
Seems finally fixed his homing rockets so they fly very fast and stonger so seems not possible to stupidly push the laser into the boss and destroy all of them.
Really like that this boss was fixed to the challenging.

This is in fact correct, The red bombarder's missiles were strangely weak when I first checked the data in game, certainly weaker than those of its blue counterpart. It was almost certainly a typo made by one of the game's creators.

arseniy

RagnarokNAJU

Quote from: arseniy on March 24, 2010, 09:28:36 AM
Why the title on Romhacks.com looks with red planet???

looks pretty cool though.. more dangerous feeling..
~~ Cleaveland

optomon

Ehh... I just did that so it could be distinguished from the normal guardian legend game.

arseniy

Quote from: optomon on March 24, 2010, 09:48:33 PM
Ehh... I just did that so it could be distinguished from the normal guardian legend game.
Well I can try make alternative pallete like that.
Pallete making is cool thing. I tuned the game TMNT TF and it looks so much pleasant than original colors.