Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Play this substantially Modified NES Guardian LEgend

Started by optomon, March 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optomon

Quoise Games

Optomon, I've just played your TGL Secret game, it is a wonderful challenge!!!! Thanks for modding the TGL game. You did an awesome job and you definitely have skill in the field of game design. 

Great job!

optomon

Hey, Thanks. I tried to make it as if you 'd play a second quest of the Guardian Legend, and have it still be a lot like the original, but with more difficulty.

Some other bosses I wanted to make but didn't pull off:

Blue Crawdaddy (organic area)
Gold Fleepa (water area)
Gold Bombarder (teleport MUCH quicker, desert area)
Blue Teramute (crystal area)

And possibly a different version of the final boss, which I still could have pulled off.

arseniy

Different final boss? Hehe that would be pretty much a blast :redlander:

Golbez

Wow, so I'm finding this for the first time as well. Absolutely love it! I've died on every boss except 2 so far - both in the third area. The first one, I played the more difficult corridor first - corridor 3, where the boss is the same as 13 but blue instead of orange. So when I played the orange one, much easier plus I got a shield. And then the next green area where the boss hides and reappears and fires a round of missiles at you. I see his health was extended, but he's such a powerless wuss. I got health bonuses at ever missile launch, and never dropped more than 1 unit of health from full.

But I have a question: "I will sell only one of these to you." Are any of these items duplicated throughout the game? Or is this the only spot I might be able to get an item to level 3? I don't want to waste my opportunity here :)

Edit - Yeah, having that corridor 5 problem also. Fired my gun continually for over 2 minutes. If you need more than 30 seconds of gunfire, something is wrong. 120 should be well more than enough. Moving on! Oh yeah, NESten emulator 0.61.  Win7 64 bit.

optomon

I was hoping that I could get that corridor 5 fixed. It is possible to have all items on level 3, but I can't remember if you have to collect items a certain way in the shops to accomplish this.

I am giving in to the temptation of Satan lately, and starting to do a couple of boss related things, mainly, an alternative final boss, with the original final boss being just like a normal boss in one of the corridors. The idea is kind of cheesy, but I can't pull off too much with the tight space TGL has.

I'm also planning on making a couple of new versions of other bosses, and switching a couple of them around.

arseniy

Would you try to do multiple bosses? For example crabs are pretty better when there are many of them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwwfcqFB_bI

optomon

Yeah that's a fun idea. I haven't experimented with it too much yet, except with the final boss.

arseniy

Quote from: optomon on August 26, 2012, 10:06:46 AM
Yeah that's a fun idea. I haven't experimented with it too much yet, except with the final boss.
I'd say double final boss is double boring  ::)
He just takes so loooooong XD
Also it's cool to fight with 3 red optomons in the final area where you meet boss after boss. I just not know how would it be possible to launch them one after one, because if you launch them simultaniously then they will be just one over another.

teremochek

Would be nice to do something to the bosses did not disappear when they are on top of each other. Unfortunately I do not know this limit game, or this restriction emulator.  :skull: :redlander: :skull:

I also found a fast emulator. He can do a lot of bosses, without sacrificing performance.

arseniy

Quote from: teremochek on August 27, 2012, 11:01:22 PM
Would be nice to do something to the bosses did not disappear when they are on top of each other. Unfortunately I do not know this limit game, or this restriction emulator.  :skull: :redlander: :skull:

I also found a fast emulator. He can do a lot of bosses, without sacrificing performance.

And what the emulator is?
The limitation of sprites blinking is NES itself as I know.

teremochek

Quote from: arseniy on August 28, 2012, 01:42:22 AM
And what the emulator is?

Emulator NNNesterJTurbo.

Quote from: arseniy on August 28, 2012, 01:42:22 AM
The limitation of sprites blinking is NES itself as I know.

Well maybe someday hack emulator with support for many sprites do not blink.
Although, two bosses look good. But three is bad.
Double bosses would be great!

optomon

Officially working on a third version, mainly doing a little boss tweaking, but not much else. Maybe a version 2.5

optomon

TGL-Secret.nes

Official 3.0 version.

- Some more new bosses
- New corridor puzzles
- More corridor bosses as minibosses in walking areas
- New final boss (hopefully not too lame/boring).
- Higher difficultly
- Other general rehashing

There seem to be some minor issues, with enemies.

arseniy

Could be posted in first post maybe. Sounds like cool stuff but higher difficulty? OMG!