Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Play this substantially Modified NES Guardian LEgend

Started by optomon, March 11, 2010, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optomon

The final 3.2 version of this is now up. The main fix is the final boss, and I had to change one of the enemies to accommodate this (The small flying pterodactyl looking thing). A small glitch might still exist, where the yellow version of the final boss will move intolerably fast, but it is very, very rare and haven't been able to duplicate it lately. Won't fix.

Hopefully now, this means it can go on a cart. I will get this on cart soon.

Ratix

i'll test it out after i get up today!

Works great! absolutely no screen jitters or anything for that matter. final boss problems are gone. you can't hit the red guy till the other two fall. checked the room that usually sends me to unknown places and its clear. i'll have to replay through the entire game again to see if anything comes up. seems like its a green light to me. the game restarted on me but its probably nothing to worry about. i left it paused to post and took a long time to resume play i was brought back to the title screen without having to hit reset

optomon

I've never had the game do that. Hmmm... Oh well, I'm happy you tested it. Thanks! Glad its working functionally. I think I'm going to order a cart.

Ratix

awesome also the resetting thing don't worry about it. i think it was user fault anyway

optomon

I put in a petition at Lost Classics, and he says it should be available to order by February.

RubyC42

Will you be changing  the title screen as well? (to refer that the game is a fan-made) or will it stick with the original texts?
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

Quote from: RubyC42 on January 06, 2013, 11:54:22 PM
Will you be changing  the title screen as well? (to refer that the game is a fan-made) or will it stick with the original texts?
I m so agree. Also mention version number would be really useful.

optomon

RubyC42

Quote from: optomon on January 07, 2013, 06:16:04 AM
Like this?

I don't think Broderbund would mind.

More like:

"Secret Edition 3.2

2013 - Made by Optomon
From Orig (C)1988 IREM/Compile"

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

RubyC42

Alright, since there has been many changes to the TGL:SE game after v3.0, I thought that there is no point in continuing on the  gameplay of version 3.0.

which means, I will be restarting the gameplay again from the start, but using  the v3.3 that includes the changes.

Though a quick question, the file i have is dated 24 February 2013, should I be made aware of whether there had been any further changes on the romfile since  then?

arseniy

Quote from: RubyC42 on July 13, 2013, 11:59:55 PM
Though a quick question, the file i have is dated 24 February 2013, should I be made aware of whether there had been any further changes on the romfile since  then?

I hope Optomon will answer.
I asked him a difference between 3.2 and 3.3, he said it's only that the hint about open some corridor was showed in more rooms.

optomon

February 24th sounds correct for 3.3 I believe. I had 3.2 released prior to February and 3.3 during February.

Ratix

how can i find out if i have the most up to date patch on my game. i think its patched the the latest from your site optomon.