Author Topic: The Guardian Legend: Shadow of Naju  (Read 990 times)

BmpCorp

• View Profile
The Guardian Legend: Shadow of Naju
« on: July 20, 2018, 11:35:55 AM »
Greetings, all TGL fans!

The Guardian Legend: Shadow of Naju is my unofficial sequel of the original game. I hope that I was able to keep the spirit of TGL, because it is supposed to be new levels with the same gameplay and some new, modern improvements. More details in ReadMe file.
The game is made using Adobe Flash technology. The development started in 2010, but after 2012 it slowed down and stopped eventually. Exactly a year ago I decided to resume work on the project, rewritting it from scratch, and today I have the honor to introduce the result to you.

I don't want to repeat ReadMe file, so here are the downloading links of version 2.00 (24 MB):
Yandex.Disk
Mega.nz
My-files.ru
Currently, Russian and English languages are available. Well, since English isn't my native language, the game can contain some grammar and spelling mistakes. Just like old NES games!

Here are the most significant changes in version 2.00:
- teleports between save rooms are available now;
- map now shows markers of bonuses not yet taken, and also labyrinth bosses;
- rate of fire and projectile speed of main weapon are increased, especially in the beginning.
Full changelog is inside zip file (and it's on Russian right now, well).

A few screenshots:

Gameplay video:
Corridor gameplay
Labyrinth gameplay

Have fun!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:09:24 AM by BmpCorp »

arseniy

• Administrator
  • I like when I do
    • View Profile
Re: The Guardian Legend: Shadow of Naju
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 08:15:34 AM »
Why version here is lower than in russian topic?

BmpCorp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »
Because my forgetfulness :) Updated.

deepshock

• View Profile
    • Steel Seraph
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 09:54:20 AM »
A possible bug: After a game over, bindings reset.

Other notes:

Do the longer air stages have checkpoints? The first one seems to have a fair bit more after the initial defense system battle
or rather before it?
Red Lander as a vendor is great!  :redlander:
Good choice on Hard Man's theme in MM3 for Corridor 11's air stage. Game's all right.
The starting fire rate feels like starting from -5 and working up to 0, rather than starting from 0 and working up to 5
The weapon has decent damage though
Weapon quick change is great as an idea too
And -thank you from the bottom of my heart for not making weapon costs time based for everything!-
Also for allowing saves rather than huge passwords

BmpCorp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 09:15:09 AM »
deepshock, thank you for your feedback!

A possible bug: After a game over, bindings reset.

The starting fire rate feels like starting from -5 and working up to 0, rather than starting from 0 and working up to 5
v. 2.00 fixes this :)

Air stages don't have checkpoints, but there are checkpoints before every corridor in arcade mode. Also there's an autosave after very first corridor, so if player dies before accessing save room, he won't have to complete first corridor again.

andreasaspenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 06:46:36 AM »
it is an interesting game. using copyrighted enemies however is not wise. if nintendo finds out that there is metroid enemies here, they might sue. i am not sure about how protective nintendo is however. enemies from the final fantasy games is more likely to get attention. then there is bugs, specially in the pathing. i often have to shoot 2 blocks to get through one.  the amount of stuff that increase firing rate is a bit low. difficulties should possibly be tweaked but i am not sure how. maybe a bit more shots on easy. corridor 2 really freaked me out. the jump scares during the boss battle scared me so much that i could not continue playing after beating it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:08:37 PM by andreasaspenberg »