Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The what's your favorite video game BOSSES Thread

Started by CODE RGB, April 17, 2010, 07:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CODE RGB

hello, my name is Cody for anyone who hasn't read my introduction thread already and now that we finally have a General talk thread I'd like to be the first to get the ball rolling!  awesomeplz The Guardian Legend, if there is one thing we all recognize about this game is it's OUTRAGEOUS boss fights. some are more harder to beat then others,  :grimgrin: some are more gross looking then others,  :optomon: and some are small but pack a BIG punch.  :skull: so the point of this thread is to let everyone know what your favorite video game boss is from any other video game other then TGL. it can be a video game from any platform and any genre. My favorite video game boss would have to be the 2nd Bowser fight from Super Mario 64, the way Bowser jumped up and pounded on the ground and then the whole platform tipped over it was just EPIC at the time!  :P so have fun and lets here some of your BOSS stories.  :bluelanderbig:
Hoping and praying for a Virtual Console release someday!

arseniy

Putting pics apperciated :)
hm... well some of my fave is ninja from NES game:

Megadeth502

one of my favorites is Zeromus from Final Fantasy IV

Kat

Xain from Legend of Legaia...favorite boss fight in the whole game, aside from the final boss.

Fusion Dragon from Golden Sun

Geryon from Devil May Cry 3...flaming horses are just so cool to me... :P

Demon Wall and Helvinek from Final Fantasy XII

RagnarokNAJU

~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on April 29, 2010, 01:42:11 PM

The Jaquio!
Lol that's ninja gaiden :)
Somhow I did won him on console long ago.
My favorite tho is Ninja Zen
I also quite liked the boss in Mosters in my pocket\
- took screenshot from youtube.

Xenoangel

Shinpu-haado-ken!

Xenoangel

i also liked VOLT-OPT 2 stage boss  on Phantasy star online 2. I also liked the music. :bluelander:
Shinpu-haado-ken!

zeldatimelinefreak

My favorite boss is Barinade from Ocarina of Time (on a challenge run with no z button). It's hard on a challenge run like this, First you need to use the boomerang which is designed for z-targeting, second you need to dodge the crap it fires at you and try to keep an eye on it (which means using c-up leaving you vulnerable for a second), and third you can end up in a very laggy situation on an emulator (watch my (http://www.youtube.com/doutchebags) upcoming Ocarina of Time challenge run episodes on youtube for more information).
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

UserK

Garuda, from "shadow of the ninja" or "blue shadow" NES.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0CENIhmfeg

Last levels are epic. This game given me a very balanced challange, always "slightly over the edge" but never too much. Coupled with evocative settings and fairly good graphics, this is the only ninja game I've had so far... ninja games are good.

arseniy

There is a game Solbrain on NES also with change in USA under shatterhand title.
It has similarity to shadow of Ninja. If they take best from Shadow of Ninja and use it in Solbrain it could be awesome. But unfortunatelly Solbrain has very boring levels. Very very boring levels....

RandomSpriter

EinhanderZwei

Where do we begin...

(may contain spoilers!)

- that final f%%ker from Silent Bomber (PS1). Such an awesome game, and pretty damn hard too, but once this a-hole shows up, the difficulty jumps from 'pretty damn hard' to 'totally unplayable', and that's for one sole reason: NO CHECKPOINTS BEFORE THE ACTUAL FIGHT. Still haven't beat him and the game :(
- any boss from the Metal Gear (Solid) series
- the Resident Evil games have a good selection, let's see: Plant 42 from RE1, the alligator from RE2, Nemesis from RE3, that guy you should shoot with the sniper rifle at the rooftop in Code Veronica, Salazar from RE4 and most of the bosses in RE5. Woo!
- Shub-Niggurath (Quake)
- Xan (Unreal Tournament '99)
- Dark Fact (Ys I Eternal)
- Fountaine from BioShock
- any boss from Gears Of War, at least 1-2 (I have GoW 3, but haven't played it yet)
- Hydra from God Of War
- Not technically a boss, but the final massacre from Kane & Lynch: Dead Men made my blood pump in the ears
- Same for Marathon 2: no boss, technically, but the fight itself is amazing, as you have nanoseconds to decide what to do
- Any boss from the Contra series, LOL! (Alien Genitalia FTW)
- And of course...

...Seven Force from Gunstar Heroes 1/2!!!

RubyC42

can i be sneaky and say the final boss of virtually all Gradius games?

it's one of the very few that had you actually do NOTHING to win.  ;D
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

AlastorSX

I gotta vote for Gunstar Heroes. If I remember right, that is GREEN working for the enemy. SPOILER ALERT!!! I think he sacrifices himself in the end of the game. That is definitely one of my favorite games of all time.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."