Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Plot Basic Discussion Thread.

Started by RandomSpriter, April 27, 2010, 10:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomSpriter

Well, this may sound like it's more of a debate.
But let's try and brainstorm up something here.

Firstly: Should this be a stand alone game, or a sequel, or maybe even a prequel?
Secondly: If StandAlone/Sequel/Prequel, why should this exist?
(Naju got destroyed, but the Naju'ans(The aliens atleast has not been confirmed to their original source thereby getting a temporary name of Naju'ans) survived due to some of the forms being able to live in space after the Concussion Blast of the destruction of Naju, but resided in a coma in space for several/Hundred years until they found a new habitat(Earth?), Miria, being a System DP, may have been in a unaltered Age due to the Cybernetic she has gone under, and returns to be in active Duty over several decades. The Naju'ans has due to their adaptability, begun a widespread infection of Earth's own habitats, and has become quite a hostile takeover of Earth, leaving many humans(Although this is in an alternate of our own, I say that Earth's Humankind counter is around 500 Million or less.) unable to counter the attack. Miria(Along with other System DPs) becomes the defenders of several different nations, including America Asia Africa, the Poles and EU, where the infection has become quite a horrendous event. Due to that the timeline can be tweaked, there's underground High Speed traveling systems(velocity tubes) that is used by the humans and System DPs(Zelda Walk World stages), and each area where the Fly Zones will be is in the Earth's own habitat that has been changed by the Naju'ans presences, like the Amazon Jungle, Ruined Cities(Big Apple?), Africa Plains, Desert of Asia etc etc. Although they are not corridor anymore, the System DPs will be using a GPSTAU, Globan Positioning Satelite Threat Assesment Unit, which pinpoints where the larger infection comes from. The Naju'ans though have changed themselves to be quite different from their Naju Planets ecology. Due to their adaptitude, they have resumed the roles of a Queen/King of the area, once that specie has been attacked, the rest of the Area will crumble due to no order nor "life essence" that comes from the King and Queen, thereby starving to death within minutes. This is most likely due to that Food sources of Earth is more or less scarse to the point of that the Humans been un the underground for several Millenia(Meteor Crash Route of story in the previous Time Line?)

That's my brainstorm at the moment. Debate or Discuss or flat out deny, or add your own little twist to this, or take it apart, that this is a good start?

arseniy

I would try to make standalone heavily based on original's with adventure + shmup and similar but improved weapons system.
Personally I never was into original's plot because I did understand english pretty bad back then and only info I tried to translate good is how to open corridors.

OK if it's a sequel then:
The Naju was not destroyed but got into parralel space. From the parralel space it did traveled to the earth and opened portal between Naju and Earth.
Humans trying to defend but Nuju's monsters are strong and weapons not able to overcome portal.
Humans take the chance by creating another guardian. A secret technology only a top ones know about. It takes lots of energy resources maybe or maybe it's possible to create only 1 guardian in 100 years. Or 1000?
The Guardian fights the Naju base point on the earth and then travel into portal to reach Naju to try to stop it.

We also should answer a questions.
Why Naju's monsters try to conquoer the earth?
Who is behind the monsters production?
The one who is behind of course did changed the self destruct mechanism. If monsters was just dumb there would not be danger really.
Who is blue landers? :bluelander: :heart0: and how they survived against Naju's monsters :eyeblue::skull:?

RandomSpriter

Quote from: arseniy on April 27, 2010, 09:46:15 PM
I would try to make standalone heavily based on original's with adventure + shmup and similar but improved weapons system.
Personally I never was into original's plot because I did understand english pretty bad back then and only info I tried to translate good is how to open corridors.

OK if it's a sequel then:
The Naju was not destroyed but got into parralel space. From the parralel space it did traveled to the earth and opened portal between Naju and Earth.
Humans trying to defend but Nuju's monsters are strong and weapons not able to overcome portal.
Humans take the chance by creating another guardian. A secret technology only a top ones know about. It takes lots of energy resources maybe or maybe it's possible to create only 1 guardian in 100 years. Or 1000?
The Guardian fights the Naju base point on the earth and then travel into portal to reach Naju to try to stop it.

We also should answer a questions.
Why Naju's monsters try to conquoer the earth?
Who is behind the monsters production?
The one who is behind of course did changed the self destruct mechanism. If monsters was just dumb there would not be danger really.
Who is blue landers? :bluelander: :heart0: and how they survived against Naju's monsters :eyeblue::skull:?

A parallel space you say. Hmm. Quite interesting Theory, since the technology of the Aliens on Naju'ans isn't very well known, which means we may tweak something out of it.
What if there is a way to connect Naju with Eart, and during the Guardian Miria's way to the Naju Planet, the aliens already started attacking due to porting in (somehow) to Earth.
Already causing a upheaval of carnage and infestation, all without Miria knowing about it. So it's more of a "While Miria was on Naju, [this] happened on Earth."?

And I really like the idea of the resources needed to "create" a System DP(Guardian) is very scarse and/or impossible to create them due to something.
Makes the System DP more unique, then again, what if this guardian on Earth is more of a "new"created character?

With the Tandem(Both Guardians) Fighting on Naju as well on Earth, what can we do with this, Hmm?

About the questions:

"Why Naju's monsters try to conquer Earth" Well they need to be sentinent, they DID take over Naju after all, since they knew of Miria's attack on Naju to destroy it.
Maybe that is why they decided to infestate and conquer Earth instead, ridding both of the humans who are a threat with the Guardian(Miria) on her way to Naju, but mistakingly did not know that another Guardian was oN Earth(Newly created one).

"Who is behind the Monster production."
The route of "the Naju made them" is alittle overdone already with so many other games at the moment, so that option shouldn't be taken.
How they got to Naju(And even made it moving towards Earth, which proves they are sentinent beings.) is a good question.
As we've seen, most of the Naju Aliens in the original games "Spews" out ALOT of things, alien Missile(Living ones) etc etc.They seem to have a high reproduction rate atleast.

As for Blue Landers, perhaps his "mission" is to destroy Earth? Who else can change the course(If not the Aliens that is) of Naju and made it move to Earth?
There's alot we don't know about the Real Naju'ans pre Alien Infestation,alot to play around with!
As for why they survived, I thought that they weren't "alive", more of a talking statue or "Naju computer"?

arseniy

Here the game start idea I have:
The earth proclaim another beauty contest but by some reason the only way to enter contest is that only virgin 16 y.o. alowed. The girl you play win the contest of course. Then they choose between girls and they searching for the girl with the most clear spirit or something like that. So it's you and you have to decide to refuse normal human life and to teurn into guardian. Can be a small episode around it and another girl who claiming to be choosen.

Ok so you turn into guardian and go to war with the Naju danger.

Why I suggest virgin is because that would attract more people to play game. Well you have to know nowadays most of the games filled with sexy stuff.

Blue Landers
Since the Guardian is something very special then maybe she is able to see/percept something that usual creature not able to? That is why she can see blue landers and maybe they are ghosts of the Naju's crew?

What they want
Basically nothing said about why for Naju was sent to the earth. It says long ago alien race sent a huge world filled with monsters.
Does that means Naju is only a weapon created by some alien race that keep live somewhere. This alien race as we can guess from arriving to Naju killed everyone exept someone. The self destruct mechanism doesn't make much sense for. We not have self destruct option on earth are we? Then alien race created self destruct mechanism. Why for. I think this is just a flaw in the plot of original.

Naju turned into weapon
I think it's most possible that Naju was a planet with some civilisation on it and it was attacked by aliens and used to turn it into monster production. But again what the point to send it to the earth... Also the real danger is not Naju right? The danger is the ones who attacked Naju and turned it into the monster. I think this could be little by little revealed in the game and trumpeted to a player the way so he feel the tragedy of Naju really deep.

RandomSpriter

Quote from: arseniy on April 28, 2010, 01:30:14 AM
Here the game start idea I have:
The earth proclaim another beauty contest but by some reason the only way to enter contest is that only virgin 16 y.o. alowed. The girl you play win the contest of course. Then they choose between girls and they searching for the girl with the most clear spirit or something like that. So it's you and you have to decide to refuse normal human life and to teurn into guardian. Can be a small episode around it and another girl who claiming to be choosen.

Ok so you turn into guardian and go to war with the Naju danger.

Why I suggest virgin is because that would attract more people to play game. Well you have to know nowadays most of the games filled with sexy stuff.

Blue Landers
Since the Guardian is something very special then maybe she is able to see/percept something that usual creature not able to? That is why she can see blue landers and maybe they are ghosts of the Naju's crew?

What they want
Basically nothing said about why for Naju was sent to the earth. It says long ago alien race sent a huge world filled with monsters.
Does that means Naju is only a weapon created by some alien race that keep live somewhere. This alien race as we can guess from arriving to Naju killed everyone exept someone. The self destruct mechanism doesn't make much sense for. We not have self destruct option on earth are we? Then alien race created self destruct mechanism. Why for. I think this is just a flaw in the plot of original.

Naju turned into weapon
I think it's most possible that Naju was a planet with some civilisation on it and it was attacked by aliens and used to turn it into monster production. But again what the point to send it to the earth... Also the real danger is not Naju right? The danger is the ones who attacked Naju and turned it into the monster. I think this could be little by little revealed in the game and trumpeted to a player the way so he feel the tragedy of Naju really deep.

I think the virgin thing is abit "too much" there Arseniy, we can be fine that if the "newly chosen" Guardian may be young, and sexiness should come naturally, not forcefully.
We can keep it sexy, but needs to be within reason. :P

Actually, the Blue Lander is a mascot for Compile. :P
Their design in the game is merely for advertisment, the true form of the Naju can still be changed with that in mind.
As for why they survived is still a good question, we can, for example, just say that they were hiding themselves inside a barricaded room and kept alive that way.
Would also mean that they survived due to their body, which means they shouldn't be "living" beings more or less...
Argh, head is starting to hurt now, too many unanswered questions.

An alien race sent a huge world filled with monsters...Eh... That can be quite a neat thing. Sending a whole HIVE onto Earth is quite a damn good plan, of course, the alien didn't create Naju, and it only became a victim. Must be some smart Aliens then for certain that we possible can have a mention on, even make it so the aliens who did erase Naju citizen and made it into a hive for their monsters.
Quite interesting thoughts there, Arseniy.

As for how it starts, a Beauty contest you say...
What if this girl wants to be in a beauty contest, but once she finally gets into the finals, she becomes one of the chosen for being a "possible" guardian?
Would be able to be told during the course of the game that she didn't get into the finals due to that she was more or less forced to become a guardian test?
But a Beauty contest winner sounds abit too rough. :P Might as well be a training program, or a contest of the possible Guardians to be chosen to become ones.

arseniy

I think Virgin idea is fine and attractive(for guys at least). Nothing is wrong with that the guardian power can be used only by a virgin and the fact that the simple girl(person) are able to become Guradin(example is Matrix,Star Wars) will work much better for people. If the person should be a trained marine that limits the addiction.
What's wrong with virgin theme? I think this is quite cool idea and makes a filter for a whores and more thoughtfull attitude about sexual acts.
That beauty contest was created to attract 16 y.o. virgins. It's not a totalirized earth where goverment put their dirty hands into provate life it's an earth with higher moral than we have now. But Guardian secret can't be revealed to anyone. Maybe that's not a beauty contest but something else so they can make a contests for the girls where they check reflexes etc and all covered by the Contest.

Yeah that could be done like she not win(because winner will be shown to people). Oh sure! She lose and feel a bit down and then she leaded by someone to somewhere where they suggest her the Mission. Pretty intriguin! Of course! Contest winner should stay on the earth between people so no one can guess it was a cover to find a guardian!

Anda... will the earth be a one whle nation without different goverments?

arseniy

The contest called Dream Girl. The reason why they choose virgin is because this way every man on the earth would want to marry her.
If you read a physiology you can find my idea about virgin not so silly. The body changes when girl starts to have sex because it starts to prepare to be pregnant. And also they look for the girl with clear spirit and who wont pity to become Guardian because she will have all human nature remain.

Imagine she starts have depression because she can't have man like she had before? Being innocent she will become perfect to turn into The Guardian instead of grown up human. Anda 16 y.o. is a turn point where female human can become something else than human. Is it makes sens now?

Now Imagine someone who never played TGL before gettin into this story. The more emotional and thoughtfull story we put in the better! I belive.

Would be hard to make that small start episode to be addicting to play. No shooting :D no explosions :)
This would need some intro that would make intrigue and the sunny days of competition should take 3 minutes total. Should be done like while we play all this peacefull begining player has a strong feeling something is going on and it's something big....

RandomSpriter

If you are to do that, it should be scientifically reason to keep a "pure" visage on the humans who can become Guardians. Sci Fi theme after all. :p
Could make some sense that during the human body is growing and adapting itself as mostly during 16+ year old person, and is the highest chance of a possible Guardian Creation?

A higher morale World doesn't sound like a bad idea. We kinda need it compared to our own World at the moment. :P
We could probably make it that the person who actually won, wasn't compatible to the creation of Guardian(For unknown reasons.) so they take the follow up person(The Playable character)?

I think Earth should be unified for the most part, atleast with no boundry country line(Or we have to come into factions and make it way more complex then it needs to be.)

Dream Girl Contest sounds funny in a way. But can we take it to be a more serious Contest about the woman involved(Of course, they public shouldn't know the candidates may become Guardians of course, Secrecy is never bad.). We kinda need to figure out about how the contest most be done, really. =/

About the Virgin thing, I do not deny that the female body changes with the pregnancy and such. But I think it should be more of a reason that if you wish to apply to the contest, you need to be "unchained" by Morale and mortal desires(A requirement?) due to that they need "pure" applicants, which doesn't sound so bad at all.

If people haven't played TGL before, we still need to have that "atmosphere" from the original, since that is what made it so loveable for most of us who played it.
The first part usually starts slow and then builds up, as the same for most game, unless there is conflicts between characters(Other Guardian candidates.) With the conest in mind we might be able to make it some fun to see, depending on how the contest is done atleast.

arseniy

well if there would be the contest it can be thought out some way. The winner cannot be the Guardian by default because winner should be presented to people and the possible Guardian can be even judged too low to keep interest out of her :)
LOL maybe Blue landers created that contest XD
Oh and maybe blue landers kept Miria power to give it to another person to stop aliens behind the Naju tragedy?

as the idea...
actually it would be very hard to create a contest part, it's like making another game. So to be able to do that there can be a storyline window which has a contest comic in there. Later in the game new story parts can be opened there.

For example I do hate game with long introductions because I can't know if the game is great to play and not want to bother reading anything like that. But later if the game was great I can have big curiosity to read story.

So the story section can be a nice feature to not bother anyone but fullfil desires of those who liked the game awesomeplz

Megadeth502

Quote from: arseniy on April 28, 2010, 03:30:49 AM
I think Virgin idea is fine and attractive(for guys at least). Nothing is wrong with that the guardian power can be used only by a virgin and the fact that the simple girl(person) are able to become Guradin(example is Matrix,Star Wars) will work much better for people. If the person should be a trained marine that limits the addiction.
What's wrong with virgin theme? I think this is quite cool idea and makes a filter for a whores and more thoughtfull attitude about sexual acts.
That beauty contest was created to attract 16 y.o. virgins. It's not a totalirized earth where goverment put their dirty hands into provate life it's an earth with higher moral than we have now. But Guardian secret can't be revealed to anyone. Maybe that's not a beauty contest but something else so they can make a contests for the girls where they check reflexes etc and all covered by the Contest.

Yeah that could be done like she not win(because winner will be shown to people). Oh sure! She lose and feel a bit down and then she leaded by someone to somewhere where they suggest her the Mission. Pretty intriguin! Of course! Contest winner should stay on the earth between people so no one can guess it was a cover to find a guardian!

Anda... will the earth be a one whle nation without different goverments?

i dont think we should try to attract 16 year old girls to play this game. to be honest. who remembers TGL? mostly 25+ males. kids today are too young to even remember NES let alone an overlooked classic. and if we try to use the story to attract an already small fan base..i just dont want to make it cheesey ..i dunno, i just dont think its a good idea. i understand that THIS is where we (us, you) are supposed to talk about the plot/story. but i think that we should come up with a 2 min intro story and have almost no story after that...lets just face it...this is a Space Shooter / adventure game....not a romantic novel. its about the gameplay. thats whats important. (but this IS the plot section...so ive said my piece.  virgin idea.....scratch that (IMHO)

i almost didnt post this because i really dont want to make anyone mad. but i feel i needed to give my opinion

RandomSpriter

Your opinion is what's needed. :)

Actually, there WAS alot of story and interaction with the Blue Landers when the computer was explaining the history of Naju, but it was skipable if you wished to.

MoonCloud

@Megadeth502:
girls can like gameplay too... we don't crave romance to see something as interesting.
i think you confuse games with relationships  ;)

but yeah, I think a deep backstory is needed for the game to make it feel like a TGL sequel.

Megadeth502

Quote from: MoonCloud on April 30, 2010, 05:31:56 PM
@Megadeth502:
girls can like gameplay too... we don't crave romance to see something as interesting.
i think you confuse games with relationships  ;)

but yeah, I think a deep backstory is needed for the game to make it feel like a TGL sequel.

what i ment to say was i dont think we should make a story, to attract girls. nothing at all against females its just simply this.  if a story is wrote to attract young girls....or young boys... or whoever, if the story  is tailored to a specific demographic, it just seems it wont be true to the original, somewhat "selling out".

if ya catch my drift

i think we should worry less about sales, or attracting anybody but hardcore fans. and more about making a good cool story, and most importantly excellent gameplay

RagnarokNAJU

Quote from: Megadeth502 on April 30, 2010, 07:15:34 PM
i think we should worry less about sales, or attracting anybody but hardcore fans. and more about making a good cool story, and most importantly excellent gameplay

:3
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

The game will be free. We don't have to think about sales but only to make the game awesome :)

This site created for people to express their opinions and expectations from the sequel. Well and also talk around original game and surprisingly rom hacks discussions appeared which was a great present!

So please post your thoughts! To see the possible sequel from different eyes is as important as donations :3

My idea wasn't about attract teens. It goes togeter with beign intresting and same time attractive for public.
There can be other ways of some girl or woman become guardian.