Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend Box Art

Started by TrickyCC, May 21, 2010, 05:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arseniy

I think it's completely out of theme. also it's really a jenova like not a good side hero. It's kinda sick. A dark feeling pic.

RagnarokNAJU

well ist the game serious and dark? caverns of organic walls.. wastelands full of vile creatures.. destroyig a planet alone in space.. sigh.. i think the game should be represented by something dark.. or at least thats the way i have always felt..
~~ Cleaveland

Megadeth502

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on May 25, 2010, 11:17:26 AM
well ist the game serious and dark? caverns of organic walls.. wastelands full of vile creatures.. destroyig a planet alone in space.. sigh.. i think the game should be represented by something dark.. or at least thats the way i have always felt..

yep im with you 100% there. this game was evil from the start. even thou, back in the day, it didnt seem like it because of limited resorces (pixilated graphics, shallow story line)

if they had the ESRB ratings back then, TGL would be rated M for mature IMO

for 1 its a shooter. that alone makes it atleast T for teen (unless it was a super cutesy shooter with stuffed animals, which its not)
for 2 the story. even thou its hardly present, the story is quite mature. everyone on Naju was slaughtered (with updated graphics that could be sick (in a good way) like System Shock 2 (if you havent played SS2, the ship you are on is full of dead crew members) where the hell are all the bodies?
3. the bosses. something very evil is behind all those huge maniacal bosses, and they must have some motive, and ill wager that its an evil motive

if the graphics were better you would better understand the horror. with the original game you have to use your imagination to understand the full scope of things

arseniy

Yes Megadeth502 it is but the hero herself is not Jenova. She is definatelly a good girl and the pic shows us a bio-hi-tech BDSM fetish XD which is quite popular in japan. Also the hero on the pic looks quite not mobile with all the cabels. It's more like she attached to Matrix than walking around.

Compare to Bioshock and such TGL has more mysterious atmosphere than dark and evil. Bioshock and such push on the fear. TGL don't push it this way. I remember had a tense because of challenge and also a big curiousity. But there was no such feelings like when you play Bioshock or Alien VS Predator which is kinda sick games :bluelander:

RandomSpriter

To be honest, I agree with Arseniy on this.

The character on the Japanese cover IS awesome, but from the looks of the in game pics(including the final picture,) They hardly resemble eachother.
The story is dark, and the areas you run in are quite grotesque in most manners(Hehe, just you wait till I'm done with the Gamma Phase. :P)

All of the covers, the closest one to our in game information, is the European one.

arseniy

yeah european one is most close I agree but still. That's why I say if they drew the way TrickyCC suggested just with normal detail on spaceship and maybe add miria somewhere(with outfit we see in game) it would be 100 times better than all this 3 covers together.

RandomSpriter

Well back then Covers was meant to be cool and eyecatching. No matter what the content was for most of the time.

arseniy

Well TGL covers really fail to be eyecatchin :eyeblue: :eyeblue: :eyeblue:

RagnarokNAJU

not eye catching?!! wow... despite its not being a perfect description of the game, I think that at least the Japan and USA covers are very eyecatching..
so should they have gone with something like this?
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

lol XD
As I said they are good pics but not releated to the game and the second thing they are too mature. NES is for teens and kids so I m sure the art covers was not sucessful.

I do like japanes cover as a separate pic. Not so much tho. 1.It's too grayscale. 2. It has too much fragile parts like cabels.

I do like bright childish stuff as well. I hate Mario games but I do like how well they make coloring in Mario Galaxy.

Here what I found on DA. I mean this as OK pics with more eyecatching bots for general public:

RagnarokNAJU

i like that last one alot.. doesnt feel too cartoony.. i guess thats my theme-ish though... i like the whole dark and powerful stuff when it comes to art.. reflects in the music i write..
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on May 30, 2010, 03:51:25 PM
i like that last one alot.. doesnt feel too cartoony.. i guess thats my theme-ish though... i like the whole dark and powerful stuff when it comes to art.. reflects in the music i write..
Hm.. Well I not like Metal music that much as well as dark things. I think this is mostly for when you live in city and not have much deal with nature.

Sometimes I listend Metal music for example yesterday I listened a little Psyopus - Odd Senses album. But everyday is not for me.

RagnarokNAJU

who said Metal? I listen to mainly industrial and write powerful Neo Classical music.. you should listen to some NIN or MSI.. thats more my style!  ;)
~~ Cleaveland

RandomSpriter

Or Kepleski(Or what the name of the Westwood Command & Conquer music composer.)

arseniy

oh. For me industrial is close to metal. There often use of electro guitars.
I not like NIN. Only OK song for me - We're In This Together but it's not very common for them :)
I would digg The Dillinger Escape plan against NIN(I guess I put this comparsion because of similarity in vocals yeah?)
My fav industrial band is Rob Zombie. Well I don't listen industrial mostly so I can skip a lot of it.

My taste mostly in range of pop rock jazz electronic classic

:bluelander:
:bluelander:
:bluelanderbig::bluelander:
:redlander: