Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Plot Basic Discussion Thread.

Started by RandomSpriter, April 27, 2010, 10:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagnarokNAJU

system D.P. is the name of the suit in The Guardian Legend.. you should check out the back stories to the game, interesting stuff! :3
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

I not remember where I mentioned about human as parasite but I must say I was wrong. I think it is right to say about parasitic life style. Human is very complex so even having parasitic strategies as a main life survival strategies still human is not parasite.

So hooray for the "parasitic life style" label :redlander:!
So this plot looks a bit too complex. How you think we can release this in the game visually?

RandomSpriter

Quote from: arseniy on May 26, 2010, 07:35:53 PM
Sounds like very big RPG. If this is only part 1!!??
Imagine how much pictures you need for this.
Whats the plan?
Also what is DP and what is DAP?

The pictures aren't that many, mostly will be Stills per event and texts(Like Super Metroid from SNES introduction.)
It MAY look big, but I'm trying to only "translate" over the important things to get the story alittle going.

System DP was the original Suit that Miria wore in TGL. It had the ability to produce the current neccessities for Miria making her able to survive in any enviroment at all that she was to undertake.
The System DA(Aligning)S however does not have the function to create the Raw energy that the person needs, what you have when you took on the suit stays in a eco system function.

See it as a Bio Dome versus a Nuclear Reactor. Something like that.

This was merely created to maintain the human balance that the person has, and thus only people who were able to have the best available balance in their body was accepted to use the System DAP suit.

The Space Ship(Currently unamed) is there means to travel the long distance to Naji(While Miria just flew there with herself.)
The playable parts are Breakout 1 and the Naji Defense System(However during the battle the ship get struck.)

UserK

Quote from: RandomSpriter on April 28, 2010, 02:52:53 AM
We can keep it sexy, but needs to be within reason.
I see the beauty contest idea gone silent for a few pages now. Just to be sure: I think it's silly. But in case it gets somehow revived, I'd suggest a high-rank sport event instead. I am pretty sure the girls here would be far more trustable to hold this power.

I suddendly realized that not having played the original Guardic, I probably miss quite a few things, such as the references to System DP and DAS. I still want to have a try at this.

Q: Why Naju's monsters try to conquer the earth?
They don't. Naju is just a propelled object. The propulsion system activates automatically each time there's sufficient energy but further observation is required to understand its workings. I could elaborate that in the future.
Monsters themselves never posed a threat, the bulk size of Naju however would have seriously perturbed various planetary orbits by just entering our solar system. In the even Naju would have collided with Earth or another planet, the colliding planet would probably be destroyed completely. The degreee of damage suffered by Naju cannot be known, but it is speculated it could continue to be a threat even after a collision.

Who is behind the monsters production?
The monsters on mazes and corridors are not produced, but rather just exist. It seems that over the eons, the planet itself has turned evil. Its will (if we can call it this way) is so powerful it is reality and the planet will try to impose its will on the reality whatever it manages to. By a distant observer, slaughtered enemies would appear to pop back into place or rewound back in time.
It is really a natural process, just as gravity pulling stuff down to a surface, just on a different power level. The planet has a self-conservation system based on its (supposed to be) crystalline memory, which over time went bad. It remembers a distorted version of the reality it once observed and will do whatever it takes to restore it.

Who is blue landers?   and how they survived against Naju's monsters?
Blue landers were the guardians of this planet as it was originally launched or descendants of the original inhabitants. They didn't quite survive the invasion considering they are a few dozens in total. They did survive by living in their special containment rooms - I'm fairly sure those blocks around the screen could shield from every possible form of radiation.
Red landers are a natural variations of blue ones (in the same way a child once in a while will have a characteristic not seen in neither parents, it is rare but not impossible).
Because of this divergence from what Blue landers are, they cannot live in the containment rooms and are exhiled. They are now red with anger (:D) and will help you with more firepower (as opposed to blueys, which are a more "non-belligerant" faction).
It is not know if the enemies having red-blue variants are mutated descendants of exhiled red landers but it seems more likely they could be just the distorted memory of population once there. This is taking for granted they are actually living beings to start with.

It is worth noticing that the "invasion" itself might not have been as we believe.
It is my personal opinion instead that Naju itself could have been a gigantic prison holding the last boss. I mean, the last boss has a single eye as well, I think it could truly be It.

Now, eons back, suppose a civilization were attacked by this thing. Instead of having a belligerent nature however, those mainly developed containment and healing methods. They figured out they couldn't design a weapon to kill this evil being but they could cage it and send the whole planet to someone who could get the rid of it. The cage itself cannot be destroyed: that's what the self-destruct mechanism is for and that's why some corridor bosses are robotic. They are not evil themselves, but rather execute a program to ensure the candidate has the firepower required to slay the boss.

In their original plan, Naju wouldn't have become a evil thing itself. The 'evil' radiates from the boss and corrupted everything else around it. Given enough time, this would have caused enough malfunctions to crack the cage.
Quote from: arseniy on May 04, 2010, 07:02:20 PM
Well watch the ending of the game carefuly. Naju not blowed up. It became black. Do you see any stars appears? No. U see explosions and ex-star became totally black because you not see any stars behind it. That is why I got the idea of Naju going to parralel world.
I'm not sure I get it. It went back to go to the other dimensions? Having Naju survive the destruction comes handy, but those blacking pixels always delivered a sense of dissolution to me.

Quote from: Shoba on May 06, 2010, 02:41:35 AM
They broke apart planets and suns to create gigantic Dyson Spheres
Hey, that's a recurring link! :)

RandomSpriter

Let's say.
Naju didn't explode, it's still existing.
The creatures on Naju was a mixture of a Aggressive parasite takeover by "IT." And she/he is the "mind controlee" for all the specimens it took over.
Naju was accidently headed for Earth with no "real" aim, however the idea of the story of the game in making a lie of it, We'll see.
Naju indeed had a will of it's own on with the former habitants before IT appeared, and as we saw, it's really turned upside down.
if Naju had it's OWN will of living, it would be indeed interesting, Hmm. What if Naju itself had created the texts? Also would explain "landers" as Communicators?

arseniy

Did you read manual? There was aliens who took over Naju and send it to the earth.
The own will of planet is cool stuff. I love stories like this :)
I mean if they end like the hero helped to make recover process to run. Like finding the solution to break control of IT over spicies for example.

RandomSpriter

Oh, they took over Naju? O.o Just as I guessed that "It" was the Alien leader that controlled all. Heh, just speculations though.

And yep, That sounds about right.

Landers could be "sons" of Naju...
Hmm....iiiiinteresting indeed Arseniy.

UserK

Quote from: RandomSpriter on March 11, 2011, 09:16:35 AMNaju didn't explode, it's still existing.
Ok, as a whole or or torn apart in pieces?

Quote from: RandomSpriter on March 11, 2011, 09:16:35 AMNaju was accidently headed for Earth with no "real" aim, however the idea of the story of the game in making a lie of it, We'll see.
I'm eager to know more!

Quote from: RandomSpriter on March 11, 2011, 09:16:35 AM
if Naju had it's OWN will of living, it would be indeed interesting, Hmm. What if Naju itself had created the texts? Also would explain "landers" as Communicators?
Considering Naju features large landscapes of flesh and crystalline structures which could really be "bones", I think it seems very reasonable Naju itself is some sort of cosmic life form.
I think having Naju writing the messages seems a bit of a stretch, but the idea of landers as communicators is very interesting, perhaps the two would be simbiotic. Maybe the next evolution of the Naju cosmic life form is to be "upgraded" by landers to be able to sustain... a galactic war?

After all, landers developed incredible technology. It's able to work after countless eons, it seems to be self-sustained and keeps working correctly even after consistent deviation from standard planetary conditions. It natively interfaces with visitors. But they didn't finish the work as they were invaded, or perhaps they didn't finish it in time.
The "metallic" entrance to Naju would be a sample of the "armored" planet. The central hub also seems to be designed towards rationality, other mazes seem like canyons, untamed forests or flesh.

RandomSpriter

Quote from: UserK on March 11, 2011, 11:40:37 AM
Ok, as a whole or or torn apart in pieces?

We'll see, Torn Apart sounds like a good ending of it.
I'm not sure on how I should see it for now.

I'm eager to know more!
Don't get high anticipation, there's not much story in this game.

Considering Naju features large landscapes of flesh and crystalline structures which could really be "bones", I think it seems very reasonable Naju itself is some sort of cosmic life form.
I think having Naju writing the messages seems a bit of a stretch, but the idea of landers as communicators is very interesting, perhaps the two would be simbiotic. Maybe the next evolution of the Naju cosmic life form is to be "upgraded" by landers to be able to sustain... a galactic war?
Thinking big there, UserK. ;)
It's true Naju really looked to be alive if you think about the corridors. But the whole planet being alive is kinda a stretch in such a sense.
Naju Cosmic life form? You mean the aliens, or the original inhabitants?

After all, landers developed incredible technology. It's able to work after countless eons, it seems to be self-sustained and keeps working correctly even after consistent deviation from standard planetary conditions. It natively interfaces with visitors. But they didn't finish the work as they were invaded, or perhaps they didn't finish it in time.
The "metallic" entrance to Naju would be a sample of the "armored" planet. The central hub also seems to be designed towards rationality, other mazes seem like canyons, untamed forests or flesh.

Well Landers are more of a "slaves" that doesn't have feelings or emotions, like Robots.
I'm having an idea that the "planet" is alive, although not in the sense you are thinking of the whole, but a part of it.
Like the Core of the Capsule(A prison Capsule?)

UserK

Robotic landers would sure come handy! Have been put there by original creators. Problem solved!

When I meant "cosmic life form" I meant something like
- The organic planet in Unreal 2. As far as I remember it originally was a standard planet, it has been devoured by some "meat fungus" which was successful at evolution.
- The sphere in Pray (or Prey? I don't remember).

There are plenty of "cosmic life forms" in both DC and Marvel Comics, they're often human-looking to a certain degree and often connected to notions such as life, death, justice, non-interference, hope, strength... but I don't think they are interesting in this context.

RandomSpriter

Hmmm, been a while since I read the manual, Arseniy, thanks for reminding me. :)

With this, I should go through the story I have and see what I can change to follow it more precisely, would have done a BIG mistake otherwise.
It did say the Life Form created the corridors, but not exactly how. Water World and Desert for example looks odd for a "living being."

Edit: WAIT a second! The Alien SENT it to Earth? Really? Then who wrote the damn messages!?

MoonCloud

wow haven't been reading this thread for two years!
that's what happens when you change computer and forget bookmarks   :-[
but I am glad that you have continued to discuss this subject, I hope it will continue even more!
don't give up, folks  :bluelander: