Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Part 2 of my Guardian Legend Article is Up!

Started by zfunk007, October 18, 2013, 07:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zfunk007

Hey everyone, part 2 of my expansive article on The Guardian Legend is up at 1 More Castle:

http://1morecastle.com/2013/10/the-completist-presents-the-guardian-legend-part-2/

And in case you missed part 1 you can find it here:

http://1morecastle.com/2013/09/the-completist-presents-the-guardian-legend-part-1/

In part 1 I mostly talked about my personal experience with the game growing up. I focused on my first memories of the game as a kid, the story and what little history is available on the game. It's a shorter article that is very personal and sentimental if anything.

In part 2 I really went nuts. It's over 7000 words with over 100 screen shots, instruction manual pages and Fan Art (pretty much all that I got here). I went through the game area by area, corridor by corridor and turned it into a kind of funny story if you will. It isn't simply a walkthrough but more of my personal experience and feelings while playing through the game. All the major bosses are included (and most of the Mini-Bosses) and I just wanted to pay tribute to as much as I could. For the final boss fight I also did something a little different that I hope people will enjoy. Almost a narrative of sorts.

And last but not least, I gave a BIG plug to this website. In both articles, you will notice that every time the words "The Guardian Legend" are mentioned they are highlighted. This acts as a link to this website. So if someone reading gets curious all they have to do is click one of the MANY times I mention "The Guardian Legend" and they will be re-directed here. I also gave a personal thanks and acknowledgement to this website at the end of my article with a big screen shot of the home page.

Well that's it! Please, let me know what you guys think. The article is extremely long and may take a couple of sittings to get through but it's worth it. Thanks for the support!

andreasaspenberg

interesting article. the music made the experience better. it really felt like i was playing the game while reading the article. you should perhaps explain how you opened each seal.