Updates:

Fans are welcome!

TGL Japanese booklet PDF :)

Started by Izlude, December 06, 2010, 10:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izlude

we're outta luck  :skull:  i asked for photos and they said they don't have it on hand (perhaps packed up?  in a warehouse? waahh...)

tummai

Quote from: Izlude on December 06, 2010, 10:53:46 AM
I'd like to hope someone can translate what it says about her in the schematics/cross-sectioning.

Sadly that page doesn't say anything interesting.  The only cool piece of info here is that the main character's official name is "System D.P."   "Miria" is just a nickname:

"Player
System D.P. (codename Miria), a female soldier built with extra-terrestrial technology.

Human Form: Labyrinth
Warship Form: Corridors

She wanders the Labyrinth in human form and flies through the Corridors in warship form.  She fires regular bullets and special weapons called "Options".

You can choose from 12 different "Options" (special weapons).  They are as follows: (list of the weapons).."
My NesDev blog: http://tummaigames.com/blog

Izlude

wow, System D.P.   wonder what dp means?   droid p???  heh heh...  oh did it actually say code name miria?  guess that changes a bit of things hmmm... maybe not, i still like miria.

kofer

Hi everyone  :)

I have the Japanese book for sale if anybody is interested. I know it's unpleasant my first post to be an advertisement, but not much to say as being a Sega fan. So, please forgive me.
As you can probably imagine, it came into my hands 'accidentally' in a lot of books I bought from Japan and after searching I discovered it's an uncommon book.

Anyway, here are photos of the book:

It's in great condition, clean without tears/marks/writings.
I'd ask $82 USD, including worldwide shipping with tracking number (Registered airmail).

Just PM me if you're interested.  :)

arseniy

hrm... that second picture looks like something totally self made. The pixels of the planet are filtered and cut really lame around.

kofer

Quote from: arseniy on March 07, 2012, 12:44:32 AM
hrm... that second picture looks like something totally self made. The pixels of the planet are filtered and cut really lame around.
I understand what you mean, but this is how originally looks. I took 2 more photos and as you can see in second photo the girl portrait looks pixelated as well. Obviously taken directly from the game.

I understand your concern to someone unknown, but the book is totally original.

Payment will be through Paypal, so you can take your money back if you're not satisfied.

arseniy

Well maybe it's some updated manual.
Because here is original:
http://www.videogameden.com/fc/extra/gua.pdf

kofer

Quote from: arseniy on March 07, 2012, 03:53:12 AM
Because here is original:
http://www.videogameden.com/fc/extra/gua.pdf
This is just an omake (extra/bonus) book, giving some info for the game.

My book is the Japanese Guidebook analyzing analytically every stage of the game and hasn't been scanned.
Moreover it has a lot more pages (about 60).

As you can see here they are different books: http://www.videogameden.com/fc.htm?gua

It's the same book mentioned on page 1 of this thread.

Izlude

That's sooooooooo tempting.  I'd get it if I had the funds haha.  :-\  I must ask, do you know if the book contains more artwork of the girl? (Miria) According to the previous pictures, I saw about 3 or 4, but wondering if there are anymore detailed images of her.  If so, how many?

If I bought it, I'd definitely scan it and upload it for the community :)  I'll have to see how business goes after the bills, good etc..

kofer

Quote from: Izlude on March 12, 2012, 02:43:35 PMI must ask, do you know if the book contains more artwork of the girl? (Miria) According to the previous pictures, I saw about 3 or 4, but wondering if there are anymore detailed images of her.  If so, how many?
Unfortunately not much artwork of Miria, about 2 or 3 more...

I took a few more photos and as you can see, mainly explains every level and gives some useful info...

arseniy

Guys WTF with the picture 3(the middle one)? Look where the crab miniboss. The walls look a bit different.

kofer

Not much interest for the Japanese Guidebook, so finally listed on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261016600544

I hope to go to someone who will scan it and share it here...

arseniy

Yeah good luck on finding buyer quicker. I personally pretty low at the moment and also I live in Russia so the shipping here would be another 30$ I guess   :)

kofer

Thanks. Well, I had a pm from Izlude and he seemed keen but then nothing. Long time since his last log-in...
Anyway, if any member here is interested in doing the transaction out of ebay, I can make a 10$ discount.  :)

The shipping cost to Russia is 9$ by registered airmail with tracking number.

kofer

Finally the Japanese guide was sold to the webmaster of videogameden.com and as he told me he'll soon add scans of the guide on the web site.

I'm really happy it went to the right hands!