Updates:

Fans are welcome!

New girl name

Started by arseniy, April 28, 2010, 01:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserK

Log in the sense of "slice of wood"? I don't know if it is bad. I can tell by sure "maruki" has a strange "shape" in neo-latin it doesn't sound "natively" jap to me.

While we're at it, anyone has (english) updates on Japan' situation for today?

zeldatimelinefreak

Yes it means wood... Don't forget that there are other name suggestions! Sakura and Misaki were just my 2 favorites because they (atleast to me) fit the hair style.
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

zeldatimelinefreak

We need to progress more on the name >:(!!! It's been 10 days since I posted on this and no replies! I have more names in my list than what two we've been looking at! Tell me which ones you like, or make a name of your own! Come on and make suggestions, or take one from my list if you feel like it!
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

arseniy

what is your list? or you mean the names been mentioned in this topic?

zeldatimelinefreak

Quote from: zeldatimelinefreak on March 20, 2011, 12:32:29 AM
My other choices (Staying with the japanese theme, some may sound better with -Chan at the end) are: Misaki, Hikaru, Natsumi, Chii, Yasuko, Haruhi, Mariko, Akari, Itsuki, Rina, Neko, Maru, Hikari, Kuro, Shiro, and Midori.
This is the list of names I came up with, remember -_-? But like I said, you can make your own names if you want (By the way, Chan is an honorific. There are others (Kun, San, and Chan), but girls can only use San (for older women or just people you don't know in general) and Chan (for younger people, more specifically children or teenagers and can also be used for nicknames) as their honorific. Kun is normally a non-formal honorific for men.).

RandomSpriter

I actually like the name Iona quite alot. It's "neutral" name, of course we don't have to give her a second name. But Iona is both powerful, beautiful and cannot be connected to any current country.  =3

Should really get this list going of what I liked eh.

zeldatimelinefreak

Quite... I feel that if we finally obtain a name we can create a background story for her as well... So how are we gonna do this? Are we gonna make a poll? Are we going to use my idea of her physical and emotional features (in other words: does anyone else have an idea on her body, hair, and personality types?)? We should also have her suit as another detail! I don't think we should use the same red suit, maybe a blue suit since I said her eyes should be red. I've made my suggestions and we need more details on her background story! I think we should make a new subject on this matter though.

arseniy

RandomSpriter

Quote from: zeldatimelinefreak on April 06, 2011, 07:55:17 PM
Quite... I feel that if we finally obtain a name we can create a background story for her as well... So how are we gonna do this? Are we gonna make a poll? Are we going to use my idea of her physical and emotional features (in other words: does anyone else have an idea on her body, hair, and personality types?)? We should also have her suit as another detail! I don't think we should use the same red suit, maybe a blue suit since I said her eyes should be red. I've made my suggestions and we need more details on her background story! I think we should make a new subject on this matter though.

I already added several characters that'll make an appearance in another thread. As for the main character, we'll go through it more once it's been decided, I already have some ideas as well for her.

arseniy

Why do you go with several character man? One will be enough work with and after it will be possible to create another story with other character. Maybe someone else will do it.

RandomSpriter

There'll be deaths, Arseniy.

arseniy

RandomSpriter

Simply, some/most of the characters will die.

zeldatimelinefreak

I've got some suggestions for those deaths!!! Maybe the new girl's mentor dies sometime in the middle of the game(she'll be captured then when you reach her she'll be killed right in front of the main girl's eyes). I also think that her parents should die (not before the story, but near the beginning to see her scream in sorrow(sorry I've got some REALLY dark ideas...)). Of course if we were to do her parents like that it would be something like Naju's remaining aliens found Earth and went on a rampage, and our new heroine sees her parents die in the crossfire. She then kills quite an amount of Naju aliens with just a Knife (if we do the original gameplay it would be like a short beam sword that does very little damage :P). She shows potential as a guardian and is accepted as the newest guardian with the help of her soon to be mentor. The guardians clear Earth of the Naju aliens and head off to find the remaining forces. They find out that the remnants of Naju are divided into XX sections and that each section holds the power for the next one's forcefield (yes the areas will be protected by forcefields). In area X your mentor will be captured, and you have a choice: go find her, or destroy the area with her on it. The choice will effect the other guardians reactions to your mentor's death (example: Go destroy the area: "You could of saved her!!!" Go save her: "It wasn't your fault"). You finally reach the final section; a labyrinth of twists and turns that could confuse anyone! You finally reach the corridor and prepare to defeat the new and improved IT. You fight many familiar bosses and some you've never seen before. At the end you destroy the final section, Naju's remnants are no more and IT takes on all of the guardians at once (except you) and all the remaining guardians except Miria die; she falls back... IT was the one who killed your mentor, you saw IT kill her! You fly into the battle alone and battle IT with everything you've got. In the end you weren't strong enough alone... Miria comes back to help! With your powers combined (multiplayer?) IT is finally killed. You two fly back home and get a celebration to remember. Of course there are going to be more deaths between the beginning and the end as well :o! Maybe a teammate dies in area 2 because she underestimated the area's enemies. Damn this is long, but is it what you were expecting RandomSpriter?

RandomSpriter

Actually, you're quite close to it, but not that close. ^^

There'll be 2 deaths at the very first intro stage, I won't reveal who or what or when, that's for when I am done with the demo.
There'll also be, counted on hand, 3 more deaths during the exploration mode storyline(Even one rips out her spine and back from behind due to "something":)

To be honest, I*m trying to stay away from cliche's as much as possible. If it's been viewed 1000 times already I want to make something abit more fresh.
The mentor, you'll see who later, will actually be the only one that's alive, except for the main character, until a certain condition is met.

It's hard not to reveal too much on what I had in mind already. :P