Updates:

Fans are welcome!

New girl name

Started by arseniy, April 28, 2010, 01:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeldatimelinefreak

On a scale of 1 - 10 how close was I :P?
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

RandomSpriter

Quote from: zeldatimelinefreak on April 10, 2011, 11:29:57 AM
On a scale of 1 - 10 how close was I :P?

2. ;)
But I'll not show the script as it's rather spoilerish. And it's not final either.

zeldatimelinefreak

It's been over a month and still no poll -_-'... We also need some more boss ideas as well, but that's a different post!
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

Golbez

From RandomSpriter's post on page 3, I like

Ezelle

Arseniy on page 4: "it also could be Rimia - a swaped M and R"

I think an elegant adaptation of this would be

"Rimaya" (Ruh MY yuh")

And I came up with one I'd like to contribute that I think would be a good name, with the same stress pattern as Rimaya:

Rinoa  (Rih NO uh)

Various other spellings: Rinowa, Renowa, Wrinoa, etc.

I think boss names would come after the design of the boss, so that the image can be taken into consideration. I feel that "Fleepa" was designed this way, being a fish with a big fin like "Flipper." So seeing the object/boss might allow for some clever word play. Threadsurrected!

arseniy

Yeah well ) yeah nice.

We also thought to name the sequel game The Legend of Miria.

But is not closed yet. So if the girl name changes, then the name of the game would change too.

AlastorSX

Maybe Altrisha? Sounds Angelic, and guardian like IMO.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

UserK

I wouldn't say so. I took a stab at geographic issues some time ago. It's a pain to deal with.
It sounds quite complex in my language. "Miria" has a short, decise sound. Or at least it sound so here. How does it sound to Japanase people? To Russians? To English-speaking people? Maybe we could work on this method instead.

We don't even know if we want it to sound similar - as a continuation - or clearly different.

AlastorSX

If similar, Marina (Mayor-In-A) is of japanese origin if I spelled it correctly. Almost sounds like Marinate lol. I am at a loss at the moment so let me think on it.

arseniy

Quote from: AlastorSX on October 20, 2012, 04:42:50 PM
If similar, Marina (Mayor-In-A) is of japanese origin if I spelled it correctly. Almost sounds like Marinate lol. I am at a loss at the moment so let me think on it.

Marina is totally russian name hehe!

AlastorSX

I like it. It is a nick name in the anime series "shuffle!" But since it is Russian, and easily pronounced, not too bad a name. I am sure someone will come up with an epic name that will get the whole lot of us pumped up!

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: arseniy on October 21, 2012, 12:22:45 AM
Quote from: AlastorSX on October 20, 2012, 04:42:50 PM

Marina is totally russian name hehe!
...of Latin origin, BTW  :P
But yeah, I like that. Its 'aquatic' ('marina' is actually 'aquatic' in Latin) meaning complements 80% of the enemies, which are fish-like... only if the remake/sequel would have 80% fish-like enemies, of course  :skull: