Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Irem owns TGL

Started by Izlude, March 22, 2011, 09:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlastorSX

You know if I wasn't 100% sure it would cost millions of dollars, I would say let's raise the money and buy the copyrights.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

Amanroth

When you think about it, it seems the only reasonable thing Irem could do with any of the games it has the rights to now is sell them. Considering how Irem removed all its properties from things like PlayStation Store and Virtual Console, they must not have been profitable enough to bother with. A year and a half ago, Irem also dissolved its video game division, so they no longer have anything to do with video games. This is why folks that worked for Irem like Kazuma Kujo decided to create their own company, Granzella, to continue creating games. But all the rights should still be Irem's, and if Irem ever dissolves then those rights would go to its parent company, Eizo.
From a financial valuing perspective, an intangible assets fair market value is often judged by the present value of net expected future cash flows, which are going to be zero for all Irem's game properties, so I really couldn't imagine any of them being considered to be worth much at all. To them, the Guardian Legend apparently wasn't even worth considering releasing on things like the Virtual Console at all. Being but a single, old, "forgotten" game, I would actually be rather surprised if the rights to it were valued to be even half a million.
So only one of two things are going to happen. Either a company eventually speculates the nostalgic value of the property is enough to make buying it worth more than just creating something brand new, or it sits in Irem's closet to collect dust for the rest of eternity.

arseniy

EinhanderZwei

I would die to get something like 'Irem's Post-Apocalyptic Collection' for PSP (maybe even with unlockable TGL or the like). That would be beyond awesome!