Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Irem owns TGL

Started by Izlude, March 22, 2011, 09:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izlude

While wondering who actually had the license to it, I went ahead and contacted all these compile varients.  No response.... hehehehe....

So I took a shot in the dark and contacted Irem.  They replied with this:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for contacting us. We have the license of "The Guardian Legend." Thank you very much.

Sincerely,IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC.

We can still dream and make home brews right? :)

RandomSpriter

O.o Iiiinteresting...
Now that you called, maybe they'll actually make a sequel? XD

arseniy

Yes of course they have. It's written there on title screen :redlander:
why don't you ask them about making sequel conditions?
tho it's written founded on 1997. LOL. the game is 1988

theoden_2010

Quote from: arseniy on March 22, 2011, 07:00:57 PM
Yes of course they have. It's written there on title screen :redlander:
why don't you ask them about making sequel conditions?
tho it's written founded on 1997. LOL. the game is 1988

'97 is just the date IREM bought and renewed the license. could be its just collecting dust. could be in a similar long development process like DNF aka Duke-Nukem Forever, its a waiting time bomb game. just a matter of when we see or hear of it really.

This also means like Sega, IREM being Japanese I think, solely would release it "only in japan". In that case- its difficult to say weather the game is possible to create and distribute. That's only if it was made in japan, for japan. IREM having the license is good. Since they have made one of my favs...Image Fight.

Right now its like looking down a rabbit hole...how deep will it go? no-one clearly knows.

Cheers,
Theoden

Izlude

I propose the lot of us contact Irem as individuals presenting "interest in the game's sequel or redevelopment".  If I do it alone, I'm sure to get a response like, "We have many projects ahead before we can consider looking into it."

The more of us pressuring Irem to get a game going, the better.  This mass interest may be just the boost they need.  Although I am really looking forward to the forum's own project, one can't help but wonder what commercial based game they could make.  The technology is ready and waiting.

Perhaps maybe a few of us could even send concepts to wet their appetite.  I'm certain we'd need at least 1,000 folks to do it.  Not a typical petition of course, but actual e-mails that go direct to them.  I'm gonna go for it and ask what they plan to do with that license.  (Won't mention anything about this forum though, for our safety)

UserK

Quote from: theoden_2010 on March 22, 2011, 08:55:21 PMIREM having the license is good.
Really? I think I get your point - better to have a sure response that I don't like than no response and deal with unknowns. I think it would have been better if the IP got lost across acquisitions.
Quote from: Izlude on March 22, 2011, 09:19:55 PMPerhaps maybe a few of us could even send concepts to wet their appetite.  I'm certain we'd need at least 1,000 folks to do it.  Not a typical petition of course, but actual e-mails that go direct to them.  I'm gonna go for it and ask what they plan to do with that license.  (Won't mention anything about this forum though, for our safety)
I cannot quite understand what's going on in your head. Wouldn't this be slightly counter-productive for us?

RandomSpriter

Counter Productive?
If the original creators create a sequel, is always better(MOSTLY; exceptions can be done(Sonic? :P)), there will be joy.

Especially if it's made for the DS or 3DS.

If we only could get ahold of "Mootani"...

arseniy

Compile is original creators. Irem bought license for game.
What is "Mootani"?

RandomSpriter

Mootani refers to Niitani, the original creator of TGL.
If I haven't got my information tangled up that is.

Izlude

I got my reply.

-----
Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, we don't have any sequel/redevelopment plan of "The Guardian
Legend " now, but we appreciate your valuable request.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC.

----

Would anyone here have the guts to ask if they were selling the rights?  If they refuse to sell it, it means one of two things:  They have OCD and want it to collect dust, or they have a hunch that they'll be redeveloping it.   If they do redevelop it, 3DS would be awesome.  I can imagine a hologram type projection on the screen when she transforms. Or maybe 3D models of the weapons and floor plans.  That would make one sick game for true.

Either way, I'm glad you guys are doing something on these boards.  I'd like to really see what you can do with your talents.  Who knows, if they do sell the rights, you'll have the game all ready and set to expose to the world.

UserK

Quote from: Izlude on April 01, 2011, 02:22:17 PMWould anyone here have the guts to ask if they were selling the rights?
How much money do you think they could require?

Yoyo

I'd love a sequel. Even if they were to release it as an XBLA download, I'd still get it. But I'd prefer a full actual disc game.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

arseniy

There is Compile Heart company. It's slightly related to Compile.

AlastorSX

Hell, I'd settle for a revamp for any console whether it was hand held or not. If the revamp went well, it would encourage a sequel, and a possible franchise.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

arseniy

Hah! Here is this letters from Irem. Why couldn't I find it through search some time ago!
Gotta bookmark the thread or I will lose it again!