Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Practice Sprites(Concepts)

Started by RandomSpriter, May 06, 2010, 10:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teremochek

The good idea to take sprites from the nature, it was pleasant for a long time to me...
It is especially interesting to look at rare terrestrial beings...
(Jellyfishes that that is necessary)

arseniy

I also think we should try to search more for ancient creatures in dinosaur era or something. TGL definatelly took some gfx idea from that time.

teremochek

http://www.thedeepbook.org/
Here it is a lot of interesting. :redlander:

arseniy

I think TGL probably takes inspiration before dinosaurs. Tho there is ptero in the forst stage.

teremochek

Quote from: arseniy on June 21, 2010, 06:42:09 PM
I think TGL probably takes inspiration before dinosaurs. Tho there is ptero in the forst stage.
Can be to create a new theme in which we will compare Monsters from game and real terrestrial beings?

arseniy

I try to figure inspiration to keep very unique atmosphere of TGL sequel

teremochek

Quote from: arseniy on June 24, 2010, 06:23:30 AM
I try to figure inspiration to keep very unique atmosphere of TGL sequel
It is good... The Picture is very informative!

RandomSpriter

http://a.imageshack.us/img204/977/hptest.png

Trying to fix the HP mechanic but using a unusual method to do it then most, as it's based on x position rather then a amount of lives.
Gonna need alot of quirky things to get it working. >.<

I've been pondering if there's anyway I can improve or upgrade it to a more modern variation, but no matter how I thought, I couldn't make it out well enough without making it feel wrong.

So will use the original HP standard UI for now.

arseniy

What a problem with HP?
I not do programming for 2 years but I can suggest some algo.

RandomSpriter

Heh I like simple fixes rather then advanced math. ;)
By using a bar with a X position changer, and once it's beyond a certain X mark you are able to use the death emote.
As well as when you find HP upgrade you can just use a variable that can max the certain X coord permanently to it's max, not so bad, and it's a easy mechanic.

arseniy

HM... I not really understood what the problem. Also isn't GM has a ready solutions for HP bars ???

RandomSpriter

It requires alot of trial and erroring, think I've done about 50 restarts of the engine for the visibility of the HP bar and it's gauge. :P

And yeah there is a in built HP system, however, I had no idea how to use it.^^;;

Now I'm trying to fix the "spinhurt" animation, since I remember seeing that alot back in the days. :P

Now the problem comes up in programming as I haven't made it flexible at all considering my solution, so trying to find a common Variable that I can make to supress further animation changes once this animation is in the animation state.

Gonna have to change the core to make it more "friendly" to adjust rather then hardcoring the programming from what is done already. >.<
The HP engine is pretty much up and running so far atleast.

YES fixed the spinhurt!

Now to fix the X position engine on different Collision mechanics.
And to create the LifeGauge Increase macro.

It's gonna be a long week this.

Update: Been about a few here and there, trying to figure out several of the "events" in the game to add some more persona into it, sadly, most of it is just sketches on paper so far to see what may work and what may not, so haven't had much time to put into the gaming engine at the moment, there's several more pieces needed to be fixed in plots/graphics/Sprites/Events/Concept arts of the characters.
This bloody things takes time. :P

However, I'm currently doing a early concept sketch of Lydia over at http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=10700.0 in case people are interested in what I am putting alot of time into at the moment. There's tons more to be done on this one before I can go back to the engine and normal sprites.

arseniy

to draw animation like this will take a week only to create her walking!

RandomSpriter

Concept sketch! = Suit design/Details/decals!
For the "event" scenes when we need some more details that's visible, Like Turbine Revs/Rank Signs/Engines etc etc.