Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Finally Beat It!

Started by Yoyo, August 14, 2011, 10:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoyo

I'm quite proud of myself for this morning, I finally put this game to rest and completed it. That final boss was a paiiiin. I actually found the twin lasers that come out of your left and right side worked best for me (the Darth Maul lightsaber-like weapon) and when I ran low on health, I used the EE on everything he shot out at me. When he turned red that was the hardest part, he was spamming the screen so much the game slowed down XD Then when he blew up I was like "No way I did it! YAY!!" so yes! I'm quite excited that I beat it :D Let's celebrate with an awesome remake of the title theme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwHrSx0gA_Q
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

arseniy

Did you play the game on console???
First I used reppeler to beat him but on second time(TGL mode probably) I also beat him with twin lasers. Later I found the most useful weapon was double back fire:

Congratulations on beating the game!  :heart0:  :redlander:

Yoyo

Quote from: arseniy on August 15, 2011, 12:47:08 AM
Did you play the game on console???
First I used reppeler to beat him but on second time(TGL mode probably) I also beat him with twin lasers. Later I found the most useful weapon was double back fire:

Congratulations on beating the game!  :heart0:  :redlander:

Yup I most certainly did!
I tried using the double back-fire method myself and it didn't work so well for me for some reason, so maybe next time I play through I'll try it that way so I can master it.

Thank you very much! It's an accomplishment I couldn't be more proud of.  :heart0:

arseniy

Watch my video using backfire really easer than twin lasers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtLCDPLFPXk

UserK

How much years did it take?

Yoyo

Quote from: UserK on August 21, 2011, 06:41:33 AM

Not even a year, just about 7 months, though to be honest I wasn't playing straight through that whole time, it was only in portions. So probably all in all, just a few days if you combine it.

arseniy

Quote from: aryoshi on September 22, 2011, 11:15:02 PM
Quote from: UserK on August 21, 2011, 06:41:33 AM

Not even a year, just about 7 months, though to be honest I wasn't playing straight through that whole time, it was only in portions. So probably all in all, just a few days if you combine it.

I consider this pretty rational  :heart0: :redlander: :redlander: :redlander:

AlastorSX

Congrats Ariyoshi! I am a 22-23 year seasoned vet of the game, and I still use the same tactics :-p I rarely use the EE's until I get to the final boss, and even then, I find the game is much more giving of them then I ever realized. I am the conservative type of player that never hardly uses a chip, and holds on to EE's unless in desperation to get past a boss. EE's are definitely great, because they clear the screen and give much needed health items. There is no way around it, the final boss is a pain. If you enjoyed the game as much as I have most of my life, than you will play it again. It doesn't take long for me to say "I feel like playing The Guardian Legend" again. The soundtrack in my personal opinion is better than every game out there. I love some music in some games, and I mean LOVE, but TGL's music fits like a duck in water when it comes to gaming. The composer should get a nobel peace prize in the gaming industry for pure genius.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."