Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Hello

Started by DuckBoy1987, September 06, 2011, 08:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuckBoy1987

Hello everybody. I'm Nate, and I've been a fan of TGL since I was old enough to hold a controller.
This game was released in the US about a year after I was born, but I still love to play this game to this day.

This game is probably the first game I had beaten, ever. It is a staple of my childhood.

I found this site a while ago, but never made an account until today.

And that's all I wrote.

Delikomix

UserK

Hello DuckBoy,
So what's changed that made you sign up only now?

arseniy

Hey :) you are welcome  :redlander:  :optomon:

DuckBoy1987

@UserK

Mainly to password share, and apparently save state share. And ROM hacks and the like.

arseniy

Well the ouside of map makes all the glitches. I think each time u enter password all glitches that was accumulated in RAM will dissapear.

What emulator you use?
Do you know about thing I call it unlegal weapon? In RAM weapons are on 003C and if you set it over 12 it will set wepon to wrong position and shooting that special weapons will produce some horrible glitches(sometimes fun) but mostly will just crash the game.

DuckBoy1987

Ah, well that makes sense. Reminds me of the Pokemon MissingNo. glitch, where it will remember the Pokemon in the area you were before.

I use FCEUX. It's stable, and I have never had a problem with it.

I have not heard about that overpowered weapon, but sure sounds like fun. I'll have to mess around with that.

arseniy

Hey. Can you tell me how to change speed throttle in FCEUX and how to edit RAM? I guess it's by Cheats?

DuckBoy1987

The RAM editor is actually under Debug and then Hex Editor. It'll pop open a window that reads: Hex Editor - Editing RAM. There you can change values, if you figure them out, freeeze them and unfreeze them. I tried your illegal weapon trick. I ended up firing blue images of myself and freezing the game.

To change the speed, go to Config and at the very bottom is Map Hotkeys. You see all the different types of keyboard shortcuts you can use for speed and save states. But, speed up is = by the backspace key, and speed down is -, beside that.

optomon

Welcome.

I first played this game when I was 5, and it has been a favorite since. Nice to know someone has had a similar experience.

teremochek