Updates:

Fans are welcome!

A Very bizarre TGL-like dream I had

Started by RubyC42, November 10, 2012, 12:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubyC42

Thankfully i managed to "preserve" a significant portion of my dream intact (well, i just woke up 4 minutes ago XD); although some parts were impovised to make it have more sense.

The story took place on a Naju-like planet; where instead of the real TGL; this one had the "surface" (or let's call, Area 0) intact with the original civilisation: cities, markets, and inhabitants. The "monsters" had not penetrated through to the surface (or the inhabitants were simply oblivious of it - some even kept them as pets); although deep in the underground works the evils lurked within

The self-destruct sequence had been activated - but involuntarily; the reason for activation was not explained; but throughout the dream I remember having two timers: a "Master" time and a "Corridor" time[1]. The inhabitants have not been warned of the destruction, and even if  the alarms had been sound there wasn't enough time to get the people to the evacuation pods.

If the "Master" time falls to 0, it's all over - the planet kabooms taking its inhabitants, and me, with it.  I don't know what happened when "Corridor" time dropped to zero [2] since one part I was well into zero by the time i cleared it

No idea who I "played" as: possibly "the" Miria or the more generic "Guardian Legend fighter" - although I remember a significant portion involved fighting as a plane. although like in actual TGL; i was the only one capable  of stopping the whole calamity from occuring, but there were people throughout the inner parts of the planet mostly to give (un)helpful hints [which RPG doesn't?]

Two types of shooter-part corridors existed: the actual corridors where I have to prevent/slow down the self-destruct sequence from occuring; and the secondary corridors that was unconnected but I still cleared them anyway because possibly I needed to to get either 1) access to the next corridor 2) powerups 3) stop its monsters from reaching the surface and eat the inhabitants for lunch

Now for the actual content:

The earliest part I remember is failing to clear the shooter part of a secondary corridor, twice[3]. i "woke up" realising that I need to simply give it up and head to the final corridor, but it was on the wrong end of the map - and I had only 16 minutes left on the master clock.

So i sprinted as quick as I can to each the place where corridor 10 would've been - somewhere near a supermarket. And the route was a massive puzzle guzzle of pathways, underground chutes, monsters to clear on the way and running into people in Area 0

[Two endings happened after this point]

[Ending 1]
Got to the supermarket - but the time now showed 3 minutes remaining - it was all over: there just wasn't enough time to save the planet. So i thought, why not treat myself to some fancy final meal?

Bought myself some yummy food and literally just watched the master timer ticking away while observed the inhabitants continued to be completely unaware of the disaster coming.

Master time reached 0:00; seconds later a rumble was felt from deep underground - the alarm "finally" sounded and the people scrambled in panic.

And I simply just stood there.

[Ending 2]

Got to the supermarket - still with a barely saveable 7-minutes remaining on the Master time; but I needed refreshments - fast.[4]

Bought myself some food; but ended up being criminally shortchanged by the cashier [5]. Eventhough i knew that I barely have time for this anymore but i argued away anyway (don't ask why); left myself with 5 minutes and about 40 seconds to go before I gave up.

Didn't manage to leave the market before I woke up, though  :( I got "distracted" again by a long time "friend" who just happened to be there and in a flash of genius I wanted to talk to her instead of saving the planet

===================
Hope you enjoyed this piece of randomeness  XD

[1] - in real TGL terms, it woulod involve the time clearing the whole thing - Area and the two Corridors

[2] - I guess it can be impovised as the time needed to clear a particular area/corridor? IF you clear the place on  time the sabotage is slowed and you get time extension on master  time - but if you fail, it is successful and you don't get extension

[3] - if you "die" inside a shooter zone, you don't "game over" but merely thrown back out of the zone; but the time keeps ticking

[4] - anyone ever tried clearing Corridor 10 with just < 4 health remaining?

[5] - like trying to buy a $1 sandwich with a $5 note but only get 40 cents change back.
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

RubyC42

Now that i am here - i am interested in making a "TGL styled" personal character of my own - any artistic takers?  :bluelander:

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

UserK

Wow man, that's messed up.
I just love how you argued on the sandwich! Both you and the cashier are clearly going to need that extra money!  ;D

I am fairly surprised by how well you can remember numbers. Like 16 minutes... 5:40. I rarely remember my dreams but when I do there are no numbers or letters. Instead I read random-ish glyphs, perhaps sumerian or babylonese, I don't know. I read them perfectly in the dream but when I try to even draw them when awake... it's all blur.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on November 11, 2012, 10:24:08 AM
I just love how you argued on the sandwich! Both you and the cashier are clearly going to need that extra money!  ;D

I am fairly surprised by how well you can remember numbers. Like 16 minutes... 5:40. I rarely remember my dreams but when I do there are no numbers or letters. Instead I read random-ish glyphs, perhaps sumerian or babylonese, I don't know. I read them perfectly in the dream but when I try to even draw them when awake... it's all blur.

Yep, especially when the world is going to blow up; need all the extra pennies i can XD

Like i said; I had to be quick with it because if i drifted off for another second the whole thing would've blurred so much that it almost made the storytelling pretty much impossible.  ;D

I don't often see numbers in my dreams, infact, this is one of the rare instances  of  dreams where i am NOT arguing with my mom/GL in any way or another (although as mentioned earlier; my "female friend" still showed up making my world-saving mission impossible again XD)

Go figure, eh? Brain trolling at its finest.