Updates:

Fans are welcome!

My Review of TGL

Started by EinhanderZwei, December 09, 2011, 05:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EinhanderZwei

Hey everyone!

Recently I've wrote a TGL review in my personal blog - check it out!

http://e-u-l-mk2.blogspot.com/2011/10/guardian-legend-1988-action-adventure.html

:bluelanderbig:

Payasoplas

Nice review, but mine is much shorter:

It's a game about a sexy cyborg girl wearing somekind of robotic lingerie that trnasforms into a kickass fighter spaceship blasting hundreds of thousands of evil aliens, just because of that TGL kicks ass...

RubyC42

Quote from: Payasoplas on December 09, 2011, 10:17:55 AM
Nice review, but mine is much shorter:

It's a game about a sexy cyborg girl wearing somekind of robotic lingerie that trnasforms into a kickass fighter spaceship blasting hundreds of thousands of evil aliens, just because of that TGL kicks ass...

I LOL'ed. Half-naked chicks boosts everything even back in 1988, doesn't it?  :redlander:
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

UserK

Bikini chainmail FTW
Bookmarked your blog, it's good at retrogaming for sure.

optomon

I feel like I'm the only guy who is a big fan of this game but never really cared much for the fact the main character is a half naked robot chick, and just kind of respected that she was just someone who was exploring another planet, like anyone else would. Maybe it's my indifference to that sort of thing or that I played the game at such an early age before girls meant anything.

arseniy

Quote from: optomon on April 19, 2012, 11:04:53 AM
I feel like I'm the only guy who is a big fan of this game but never really cared much for the fact the main character is a half naked robot chick, and just kind of respected that she was just someone who was exploring another planet, like anyone else would. Maybe it's my indifference to that sort of thing or that I played the game at such an early age before girls meant anything.

I never had any sexual ideas about character. For me it was transformer actually. Something like

AlastorSX

I too find that Samus is a fitting example for the two. Sad thing is as good as Metroid is as a game, I favor TGL. You did a great review. If you think about it, TGL is one of the first, if not the absolute first, Action RPG.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

EinhanderZwei

Quote from: AlastorSX on October 18, 2012, 07:20:10 PM
I too find that Samus is a fitting example for the two. Sad thing is as good as Metroid is as a game, I favor TGL. You did a great review.
Hey, thanks!  :bluelanderbig:

Quote from: AlastorSX on October 18, 2012, 07:20:10 PM
If you think about it, TGL is one of the first, if not the absolute first, Action RPG.
Yeah, 'one of' is more accurate, as Dragon Slayer, Hydlide and Zelda were earlier  8)

AlastorSX

Zelda is the only one of the three I have ever played. I never saw it as a RPG but I suppose with health increase, better armor/weapons, and weapon increases, it is most definitely something to debate. As I said, I never saw it as one, but you mentioning it as one makes me realize that as I have seen TGL as one, Zelda is really not much different. In fact, Zelda just lacks a score board, but at the same time, how TGL uses score to up your health at times, Zelda requires so many hearts to up your weapon. Both games are far from traditional RPG's, but are RPG's in my book.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

EinhanderZwei

Well, the 'Traditional RPG' would be Dragon Quest / Final Fantasy / Lunar / Phantasy Star, etc with turn-based battles, long dialogue and over-the-top playtime. I was politely evading them all my life (exceptions: FF5, Grandia 2 and Lunar), and was never really much into Zelda, so I stuck with Action-RPGs instead - at lease they're fun and never boring. Two best ones in my book are Ys I & II and TGL, of course!  :bluelanderbig: