Fans are welcome!

Miria Mystery Nature

Started by arseniy, October 14, 2010, 12:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What the nature of Miria would be best?

Miria is just a powerfull cyborg
Miria is unique creature
Miria is modified human
Miria is a human+robot with an earth super spirit inside(can be born once in 500 years)
Miria is a human+robot with an earth super spirit inside(can be born once in 100 years)
Miria is a robot/cyborg created by humans. Humans can create many of them.
Miria is unique human and she modified herself into super cyborg.

RagnarokNAJU

i always felt the she was kind of like weapon from FF7.. the earth summoned her at a time of need
~~ Cleaveland

Rooks37

Sorry, I haven't been around in a while.

I'm going to be blunt here. Both the Japanese and American allude to, at least, Miria being artificial in someway. The only reason she is even called a guardian is because Boarderbund  need a word to replace Guardic. Obviously the term Guardian worked better because no one knew about the MSX game Guardic in America. Albeit both versions being somewhat cryptic as to whether or not she can further be reproduced, I'm guessing the D.P. in System D.P.  stands for Developmental Prototype. That would help explain why there is only one of her. I don't recall either source ever mentioning her possessing an "Earth Super Spirit". However, it doesn't say she doesn't either. 

Then again, maybe like any legend, Miria's story should be left up to multiple interpretations and should be left that way? ???
My Miria RP journal at Digital Dive: http://guardianofearth.livejournal.com/

RagnarokNAJU

~~ Cleaveland

Rooks37

HibikyWolf

Like most human-like robot with the human spirit. It seems more mystical.   :bluelanderbig:

Rooks37

Actually, seeing as that has been done often in Japanese media, I wouldn't put it past the creators to have intended that.

RagnarokNAJU

~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

We don't stick to the limitations of the original game. So alternative ideas is that Guardian not possible to create without some special thing which make it possible only once per many year(100 and 500 years vote option).
:bluelander: :redlander: :bluelander: :redlander: :bluelander:

RandomSpriter

Modified Human.
Well, Cyborgs ARE modified humans of some kind. :P
Also would explain why there's only one Guardian(Known) which may have been connected to what we wrote quite a time ago, since she survived it or were compatible.

arseniy

The top answer this poll might help to answer this, right ?
If she is cyborg made by government then yeah might be other guardians produced. But lets wait for result :)

Rooks37

You do realize Arseniy, that regardless of what is shown by the poll we will still hold on to what we personally believe Miria to be, right?

arseniy

Untill there is sequel with a good story - Yes

The story of original TGL not hooked me at all. I always felt something different playing the game. It's not matter tho. The poll made to serve for sequel.

Rooks37

A sequel created by the fans is nothing more then a fan game at best, to be VERY blunt. Not to mention you are showing a significant lack of respect for the source material. Saying that an NES game's story didn't hook you is also a pretty pathetic reason to discard it. It is like saying that Mega Man 1's story about robots didn't hook me, so I'm going to pretend to it is about a magical pixie boy instead.

TGL's true story will always be what was in the manuals and games of the japanese and american versions. The only entity who can change that is the original creators.

arseniy

Hm... Well. First of all we can create not so "just a fan game". We can make awesome pro level game.
I m in game industry. I make flash games and I m very good rank in that stream.

About respect and disrespect of original story it's probably personal question for anyone.
Here what I think:
What would you say when find out that many game stories is disrespect of the very old stories like myths?(Disrespect in a way you mentioned my words)
Not only the many popular stories like Star Wars or Matrix takes their blood and bones from the old stories like myths and bible but they change it in dangerous ways.

Myths describe our subconscious's flows in some methaphorical way and help you to integrate spirit with a body(or lets say lead your soul to answers). The stories like Star Wars or Matrix takes the myths ideas and present you in way which confuse your mind's depths and lead you wrong way and give you neurosis instead of spiritual growth.

I take story making responsibly for human soul in first place. If the original story leads soul to a wrong place why should I respect it?
In other words I care about mental health in first place. It's not even about showing respect.