Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Coding Question

Started by RandomSpriter, May 09, 2010, 11:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomSpriter

Well, hey. :P

The question at the moment on my mind. is that if we should try and reproduce, even down to the core, to the original programming of TGL, with the graphical nature of the SHMUP in particular on how it calls up the sprites of the BG during the flyby?

I've been giving it a thought and imo from my little experience of Game Maker, it seems to be that it'll be quite tricky to make it "on the spot loading" depending on what I've read about another person who gave info about how they made the game on this very forum.

arseniy

I not understand really. What the problem? We not limited to make any 8bit like. The modern games not have a need for making objects as backgrounds. BG is separated and the objects that moves same speed as BG is separated too.

Also did you ever browsed GameMaker VS MultiMediaFusion or other game making programs?
I not think Gamemaker is so good choice :\

RandomSpriter

I see reproducing the "On Screen load" function as a tribute to the Compile(Now Compile Heart etc etc).
The reason I gladly help out here, is for me to show the creators how much I loved this game, from it's coding to it's graphics.
Besides, it would decrease the size of the Exe file to save space on "Stage maps" where we'll have some on highest possible scrollspeed to improve the feeling of it being the old NES TGL style.
Besides, it's more of a challenge that way too. :)

Well, GM is the only thing I have experience on. =/
I had no trouble with it at all.

teremochek

Quote from: RandomSpriter on May 09, 2010, 11:41:00 AM
Well, hey. :P

The question at the moment on my mind. is that if we should try and reproduce, even down to the core, to the original programming of TGL, with the graphical nature of the SHMUP in particular on how it calls up the sprites of the BG during the flyby?
Yes to be pleasant to me your idea. But to code all from the beginning, it is difficult and is not exact. Therefore here the best variant is romhack...
It is good to find an initial code on C #. It would be possible such to heap up  ;D