Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend Flash Menu

Started by TrickyCC, March 17, 2010, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrickyCC

Made something in Flash 8 which could possibly have some use for the website as first page without some blank page redirecting you to the forums automatically.

So I thought I could provide something for this site/forum, feel free to put some feedback, critics or suggestions (although I am horrible coding in AS2.0/AS3.0.)

Link (will be viewed in fullscreen incase you don't rezise the window.) :

http://files.myfrogbag.com/n61c2y/tgl_splash_final.swf
(Resolution : 550x400, 30 FPS, Black Background, ~400kb)

arseniy

OMG! That's sooooooo cute!!!! :redlander: :D :3
Some easy thing could be added is a link about.
The other option could be added is "About" where in short could be written we are fans of game or something like that.

arseniy

I thinking. Music on that screen is good or not good idea? Maybe it should be muted by default and there would be button makes sound/on off. Many people hate when music suddenly plays on screen.
How could that be solved...

OH BTW I m Zero in AS3 but I know AS1 and 2 but not have deals with it that much since I started to make games in collab with programmers.

RagnarokNAJU

verry nice.. has that feel of movement from like when you die in the game and the screen floats for a minute before the game over screen appears..

Quote from: arseniy on March 17, 2010, 10:44:09 AM
I thinking. Music on that screen is good or not good idea? Maybe it should be muted by default and there would be button makes sound/on off. Many people hate when music suddenly plays on screen.
How could that be solved...

perhaps people could be prompted "start with sound?" like a cell phone game does lol
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

the other idea I think maybe a slow fade in of the music volume.

RagnarokNAJU

Quote from: arseniy on March 17, 2010, 10:48:18 AM
yeah, give them a chance to kick off the sound and all

which music track would be ideal for the entrance?
~~ Cleaveland

TrickyCC

Quote from: arseniy on March 17, 2010, 10:48:18 AM

Maybe possible to recut the sound a bit with fade in and out looping, but the file size may increase because of this (which I am trying to avoid as Splash intros shouldn't consist of a high filesize).

Also regarding to an About page would be a nice addition. Please provide me some proper text and I'll see what I can do for a slight change.

arseniy

In flash there is volume control so fade in can be made with programming. The other way of fade in is just a sound event control. When u put the sound in frame u can make it 9999 loop and make a slow fade in with a volume control.
I can help with that I think.

TrickyCC

Update :
[Changes]
*Did some slight modifications with the underline text.
*Added more length for the fade in of the background and logo.
*Music now fades in instead of starting right away with Volume on 50%.

[Additional Features]
*Added mute music button.
*Increased Image Quality with 20%.

See top post for updated version.

RagnarokNAJU

Very calm choice for the tune..
I totally dig it!
~~ Cleaveland

arseniy

So?? Send me the html code smbdy so I make the start page with this!

arseniy

I try to find out how to put this into html with 100% heigth.
Also TryckyCC would be nice if you put a mask over the stage so there is no parts ov scrolling become visiible when u resize width much less than height.
[edit]
I found some way. Now need TryckyCC add a mask because the scrolling is visible on tops and bottoms when you reduce width.

arseniy

It's weird but with www. I never have login session saved. Maybe to put link without www.
what the prob I wonder.
Hm.. Maybe some wrong code for open url.. weird... Each time I go from link of the flash screen I m not logged...

TrickyCC

Hmm I think I will update this SWF once more and then probably make an acceptable HTML out of it as a start page.

Stay tuned.

Megadeth502

Quote from: TrickyCC on April 14, 2010, 04:32:12 PM
Hmm I think I will update this SWF once more and then probably make an acceptable HTML out of it as a start page.

Stay tuned.

very well made, that was the first thing i saw when i came here and instantly i knew that i wanted to be here