Fans are welcome!

Miria Mystery Nature

Started by arseniy, October 14, 2010, 12:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What the nature of Miria would be best?

Miria is just a powerfull cyborg
Miria is unique creature
Miria is modified human
Miria is a human+robot with an earth super spirit inside(can be born once in 500 years)
Miria is a human+robot with an earth super spirit inside(can be born once in 100 years)
Miria is a robot/cyborg created by humans. Humans can create many of them.
Miria is unique human and she modified herself into super cyborg.

RandomSpriter

If you go by that route, I'll gladly revise my story quite quickly. =/

Is she made by "Neo Nature" or by humans?

Why must the translations be so misleading! ><
Got to actually respect the source material.

AlastorSX

She smiles when you beat the game. I do believe that she isn't 100% human because she bends more than a wet dream with a world class gymnastics Asian girl, but I do believe she has emotions, and was modified for the task at hand. Honestly, if I thought she was just an emotionless cyborg, it kinda would have taken some of the game away from me, because I like to think that she thinks, breathes, feels pain, emotions, and breathes on her difficult quest to save the world. If it were just some emotionless being randomly shooting things, and not feeling an ounce of what she was being served, what would you as a player feel for her? Absolutely nothing, and imagination of a fellow human, modified or not accomplishing what she did is just empowering. How would you realistically feel in her shoes "Or heels lol."? To feel every blow from every enemy, because your shields can only protect you so much. You are just this puny human/ship, taking as much pain as you can to ensure the human race may yet live. It really is a beautiful concept of one lonely woman against a dark, strange, alienated world. Few games could provide such a protagonist these days. Maybe it is the element of imagination that makes us all love this game so much. Newer games have this elaborate story line, that tells every minute of the protagonist's life. This woman here blows up as a ship, and you are left wondering... "Does she have a family she is never going to see again?" God, I am rambling on, hopefully someone understands something I have said.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

UserK

It's not like you're being completely hermetic. I suppose the original authors intended to inspire this effect.
Or perhaps it's just the "girl with guns" trope. Who knows.

RubyC42

Well, it's a given that she's a  cyborg, because ofviously she must travel through space without a space suit - so that rules out any sort of  biological elements.

On the emotion side of  the things - i am sure it could be pre-grogrammed into her systems for that - after all, she would've known about the mission at hand and have to do it all alone - i doubted even the most macho woman on earth would've signed up for that kind of mission XD

although why am i posting on a thread that is 19 months old D:
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

Why not. There is no much activity this year so it's OKay to recover even old posts if the topic is intresting for you!
So about the space.
Miria has that shield you see it when you get hit. So inside that shield she is able to have some micro atmosphere so she breathes with air constatly producing there.
That's my version.

EinhanderZwei

Voted for item #6 (robot/cyborg created by humans). Actually, some time ago I was writing a fanfic crossing over TGL, Turrican, Metroid and Marathon, and it began with the destruction of Miria's home planet (which was not Earth!) right after she was completed and activated

AlastorSX

You know in Japan, some people actually make anime serieswhere people can be in space and not die. She could be 100% human for all we truly know. The shield definitely has a good argument on her ability to be part human.
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."