The Guardian Legend remake

Started by teremochek, January 12, 2010, 06:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagnarokNAJU

What kind of sketches do you exactly?

This and this...
http://teremochek2008.narod.ru/TGL/teremMax2_Guardian_Legend_remake_fly.rar
http://teremochek2008.narod.ru/TGL/teremMax2_Guardian_Legend_remake_walk.rar

i got all the files but everytime i run .exe it makes my computer freeze... am i doing something wrong?
~~ Cleaveland

teremochek

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on May 30, 2010, 03:45:50 PM

What kind of sketches do you exactly?

This and this...
http://teremochek2008.narod.ru/TGL/teremMax2_Guardian_Legend_remake_fly.rar
http://teremochek2008.narod.ru/TGL/teremMax2_Guardian_Legend_remake_walk.rar

i got all the files but everytime i run .exe it makes my computer freeze... am i doing something wrong?
Windows Requirements: Windows Vista/XP/2K/ME/98; Hardware OpenGL support recommended; DirectX7 or greater recommended.
MacOS Requirements: MacOS X 10.3.9 or higher; Project Builder or X-Code developer tools installed.
Linux Requirements: Hardware OpenGL support recommended.

There can be system requirements?

DFStormbringer

First off i like to say vailiant efforts going on here.

secondly.. Blaster Master can EASILY be done in 3d an look good.. and retain its roots.. the recent remake of the origional bionic commando proved that.. in fact after its release that game creator stated he WANTED to do a similar remake of blaster master..  BUT sunsoft rose from the ashes and came out wit the crap thats now on the wii.

further proof it could be done.. some work i did a few years back....
all unfinished of course

area 8

area 5

area 6

in game items
and the banner below which was all made by me.

so yes.. a decent 3d remake.. I possible.. just.. not been attempted yet.

remaking the origional with updated graphics.. and music..would make one hell of a start..an would be loved by all.
the experience gained from that should be enough to give you guy what you need to know to move on with your own spinoff.

a for the need for music.. im sure asking around at the OCremix site would easily get you some artist more then willing to help out int he music department.. IF you can PROVE that your already on track with a solid game for them to put thier time to.

----

played the flash demo.. nice start.. ALOT of bugs sand flaws to it that make the game barely playable though.. including 1/3rd of shots going through enemies instead of registering hits.

avatar movement becomes stationary between rooms forcing the player to repress the movement button to continue moving foreward.

enemies were based on their color and difficulty.. red and orange being higher up then blue and green.. yet starting out with  high reds with a starting out gun is just a bad way to start the learning curve for new players.
-= Dare not ever meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are very crunchy an flavor rather well with bbq sauce =-

UserK

Wow, what a swarm!
I see white dots nearby everything that moves. I take it is a compression artifact?  ???

arseniy

I m pretty sure it's just a top right coorinate of the sprite. Perhaps a test mode like.

teremochek

News :bluelander:
Cut out images from game (total images 1800 )
Has made the code sketches, to many monsters.
Now laborious work is necessary.

UserK

What kind of work?
Perhaps at this point I should drop the idea to have a try at this. I was thinking about vector sprites for a reason, I was considering playing a bit with them to try producing a prototype... but perhaps it's better to leave it to you instead.

arseniy

Unite is good to increase power. I sure you 1 person is so little to make medium game as TGL. It's hard work.
I make games in collab with programmers. It takes 1-3 month to produce simple flash game.
Like this for example:
http://komix-games.com/game.php?game=ttb3

It took us month. And the graphics is mostly simple shapes.

UserK

Well, I know something about that... There was - honestly - no plan to complete it 100%, perhaps only the first two dungeons and two main corridors.

arseniy

if u want do some gfx, make separate elements. No need to draw whole corridor bcuz it will be changebale. Or if u do whole corridor sketch then no need to put all effort into sketch. When u do static thing it is very different than when u see it in action.

UserK

I'd still like trying vector graphics. But it's somewhat difficult to "read" those pixelated sprites. I use Inkscape which supports clone object by default so I am "natively" thinking in a modular way.
Or perhaps I don't get your point at all?

teremochek

Quote from: UserK on January 30, 2011, 12:38:39 AM
What kind of work?
Perhaps at this point I should drop the idea to have a try at this. I was thinking about vector sprites for a reason, I was considering playing a bit with them to try producing a prototype... but perhaps it's better to leave it to you instead.
In the first, Now it is necessary to define characteristics of objects - Speed, Lives, Points, Damage and another. Laborious enough work if to consider that some objects don't give in to understanding)
In the second, all will need to be coded and programmed it.
 As a whole, it is possible to help. I not to whom don't forbid it). Can write music in Eight-bit styles, or Draw new monsters, or can define characteristics of objects of original game in a theme - "The Guardial Legend Dynamics"

Quote from: arseniy on January 30, 2011, 05:47:13 AM
Unite is good to increase power. I sure you 1 person is so little to make medium game as TGL. It's hard work.
I make games in collab with programmers. It takes 1-3 month to produce simple flash game.
Like this for example:
http://komix-games.com/game.php?game=ttb3

It took us month. And the graphics is mostly simple shapes.

)) the Tempting toy. Truth. At me since the childhood it is necessary - to burst hobby bubbles.
Once again I will underline skill Komix  :redlander:

UserK

I can only vectorize the sprites. The rest is black magic to me. My tools are rather primitive and my spare time is close to nothing. So far I've been churning out a few per week!

How nice, today my comp keeps crashin and crashin and crashin...