Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend remake

Started by teremochek, January 12, 2010, 06:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teremochek

Quote from: UserK on February 10, 2011, 09:11:25 AM
I can only vectorize the sprites. The rest is black magic to me. My tools are rather primitive and my spare time is close to nothing. So far I've been churning out a few per week!

How nice, today my comp keeps crashin and crashin and crashin...

Sprites are necessary in a format png, against rgb (255,0,255), in four color palette, under the classical permission (256x224).
Please, don't do too much, and that it will cause difficulties.

UserK

Once they are vectors I can rasterize them in whatever format you want.
I think inkscape outputs png only but I will convert with the gimp if necessary.
What about the dimensions? No love for power-of-two dimensioned thingies?

I've almost completed a conversion of a sample screenshot just to have an idea of how it could look like, but I'm having some difficulties and I do that only in my spare time, which is very little right now.

UserK

Wait, I'm thinking at this again. Four colors? What? Why?
A so aggressive color reducing will require a professional pixel artist IMHO. Automated conversion will hammer away the details.

teremochek

Because I create game in classical style. If the Picture is not four color it will break game atmosphere.
Standard enemy object in the size 16х16

UserK

Mh... I'll see what I can do...

But I'm not quite sure I get your idea... if they are going to look like the original... what will make it different? I cannot quite get in your line of thinking.

RandomSpriter

Quote from: UserK on February 20, 2011, 08:53:04 AM
Mh... I'll see what I can do...

But I'm not quite sure I get your idea... if they are going to look like the original... what will make it different? I cannot quite get in your line of thinking.
I'm certain he means that he wishes to only use 4 colours, but the gameplay can be different even with the same graphical setting.
Controls, story, effects can be updated with the same graphical setting, keeping to the original. :)

Also, your bosses seems rather weak, Teremo. ;)

arseniy

Oh gowd... this purple...
But cool! Where did you got it?

teremochek

Quote from: arseniy on April 25, 2011, 10:33:26 AM
Oh gowd... this purple...
But cool! Where did you got it?
Well all is simple. Nintendulator, Media PLayer, FRAPS, Photoshop. Here not all monsters, but the most part. I to make missing palettes. Four palettes. Has laid out archive at the desire of Black Vortex.

UserK

Hey teremochek, how is this going on? I think it would be good to have an update!
Perhaps even by others. There are a few sequels around and I think I've lost count of them.

teremochek

Quote from: UserK on May 23, 2011, 07:08:40 AM
Hey teremochek, how is this going on? I think it would be good to have an update!
Perhaps even by others. There are a few sequels around and I think I've lost count of them.
Hi,
Well Things are going slowly. I have made ​​remakes of the four corridors (it was hard). And now I want to make a new one. The game works only Flight Mode. If all goes as before, then I'll try to make the editor corridors. These Projects will I do until November, no more.
How to finish a new level, I will deal with the sounds and music. Will then be released.

UserK

Good to know. But perhaps you should take a small stop to think?

teremochek

Quote from: UserK on June 01, 2011, 08:32:32 AM
Good to know. But perhaps you should take a small stop to think?
I thought, and it was not easy to make this decision.
Of course if you want I can always return to this Projects. Especially since I'm going to give - the source code. And if anyone can develop it further.

teremochek

Made a video. I'm almost finished. Do not know yet what to do graphic resolution ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISVy4ahNnFE