Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Concept Ideas(Bosses)

Started by RandomSpriter, May 17, 2010, 07:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomSpriter

Well, the topic says it all.
What kind of bosses would you love to see in the sequel?

I already sprited a concept idea of a boss, a three eyed snake thing. :P

Name: Unknown?
Description: A exoskeleton snake, with most of the flesh part is hollow, and constructed mostly of skeleton bonematerial.
Three eyed, big gaping mouth, also stuck in the ground with it's body except the snake neck and head.
Attack Pattern1: Waves it's head in a slow pace of a 8, opening it's mouth once the player is right below the head to shoot several energy beams towards the player position
Attack Pattern2: Once 1 wave of 8 has been done, it'll move it's head backwards to the edge of the screen, and then strike with the head towards the player on the screen, High dmg.
Attack Pattern3: Once 25% health is left, the 8 movement pattern will change to z in a faster movement, shooting the energy beams each time it's passing, does not strike with it's head anymore.

Remember, due to the TGL game, most of the bosses had eyes being a big part of the boss, don't forget it. ;)

arseniy

Well the bosses should be as big as original has but I would vote against the bosses that aref huger than screen . Some Shmups has it but I not see any charm in it it's more like programming power than really a good gameplay :\

RandomSpriter

Actually I had a plan on a long beast thing for a boss. :P
You'll see it later on.

arseniy

Quote from: RandomSpriter on May 18, 2010, 10:00:41 PM
You'll see it later on.
oh noez...

RandomSpriter

Quote from: arseniy on May 18, 2010, 11:49:24 PM
Quote from: RandomSpriter on May 18, 2010, 10:00:41 PM
You'll see it later on.
oh noez...

It's not big, just long. =P
Besides, it's just an idea so far.

teremochek

Quote from: RandomSpriter on May 17, 2010, 07:57:38 PM
Remember, due to the TGL game, most of the bosses had eyes being a big part of the boss, don't forget it. ;)
Has well noticed!
It is very important detail.

RandomSpriter

I'm keeping the eyes as a big focus, don't worry.
It's called the Eye balls game for a reason. Tere. ^^

As for bosses, the "demo" I'm working on at the moment, is trying to fix up the bosses and code in GML to make it easier to "use" or "change".
Also, there'll be quite a....few "revisits" of the bosses from TGL classic one. You'll see once I am done with it, about 1/10th done of the bosses you'll see.

RandomSpriter

For example, remember this guy?(I buffed him up a few sizes.)

Of course, not final yet, going to add more colours and darkness once I get around the Texting UI Code.

arseniy

it looks much better here than original. Yay!

zeldatimelinefreak

well... there's only 1 custom boss idea so far... here's my idea!

hope this image uploads, it's a rough draft that took me quite a few minutes.

Name: Dropha
Description: Giant membrane encased in diamond with an eye in the middle. Diamond spins clockwise.
Attack Pattern 1: Moves similar to Optomon but moves up and down freely to strike. Fires 1 turret bullet at a time when eye is open. Opens and closes eye at random. (when eye is open it's vulnerable)
Attack Pattern 2: At 50% health diamond starts to crack. fires 3 turret bullets. Eye starts to open less.
Attack Pattern 3: At 25% health diamond is destroyed showing brain-like membrane. Constantly fires turret bullets. Eye stays open because it has no shielding.

Any spriter can pick up on the image and make higher detail and/or a full sprite sheet if you want. Anyway... Does it sound good?
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

UserK

I like very geometric bosses.
Can you make it shiny?

zeldatimelinefreak

I was actually thinking of doing that but I also wanted to keep it 8-bit... I'll see what i can do with 3 just colors per sprite!
Fleepa, Optomon, Grimgrin, and Clawbot would like to "personally" welcome you to Naju. Have a nice day!

arseniy

I like the concept of this boss. But please lets not stick to 8-bit :grimgrin:

zeldatimelinefreak

I did some editing and this is how it came out :P!

arseniy

so it's like u shoot the armor from it and under it it is biologic?