Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The full map, including Wonderlands

Started by RubyC42, November 29, 2011, 07:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubyC42

So i was messing with the Game Genie Code: ZEXALUPA that was posted mroe than 1.5 years ago. (which made the outer walls a warp door, if  you have the key to it; boy did that made exploration of Wonderlands much much easier?) and i found some interesting things:

> unlike "out of bounds" coordinates, most of  the hidden zones actually load properly and doesn't randomise when you move in and out of  the coordinates continuously. Perhaps they were originally part of the working map but got sealed?

> this included working  waypoints as well, if they would otherwise bring you into working maps.

> large quantity of "Corridor 0" rooms (as well as glitch corridors, one corridor, 117, gives you infinite Blue Landers), possible there were more  corridors (or were in different locations) but got remapped?

> working save points with working exits into working map: perhaps there were more save points available?

Anyway, since TGL is such a huge map, i am unsure if making a large graphic "map" made to include these wonderlands might be feasible just incase it overloads  the system trying to load it (it kinda  did on my computer with even the working overworld map i got from nesmaps.com)
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

I did not understood it tho. I know if you inside coordinates of map then there will not be randomization but once you get out of map size coordinates there are randomization starts.

Are you talking about walking inside general map coordinates or outside?

ZEXALUPA makes you go in and out portals so that makes the game a little wrong right?

RubyC42

Well, i meant those coordinates that are inside the normal game map (that is, between 0,0 and 25,25). Because from my experimenting, going outside this range (and some within this range) causes random maps.

For example, (2, 18) is normally inacessible under normal gameplay, but using the ZEXALUPA code, it becomes a Corridor 0 with a working warp point on top of the screen, which takes you to (2, 17) which is part of area 2

So in essence, I am talking about maps outside the game boundary, but inside the map boundary, i hope this is a little clear?  :(

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

Yes it's clear now. I was checking those areas too, using cheats to set command walk to next room. It's a bit slow thing so I did not checked everything.

RubyC42

I've found rooms which gives you infinite  :bluelander:'s, i'm still trying to find one that gives you  :redlander:'s, although i am unsure if they actually exist...

arseniy

OH ok. There is *.cht file in the cheats. I can manage the cheats order there. I'll try now to make some good order to make move to next room\portal commands.

arseniy

Using cheats is quaite unhandy but gives you full controll over traveling the map. I found instresting thing. Seems that u can enter the room where supposed to be the boss but u enter it like into and fight boss like u inside the darker rooms(not sure their names).

P.S.

Hrm... At some places game crashes tho.
X:6, Y:17, Crashes if u enter it into corridor place. If in the normal underworls then it's not crashes.

RubyC42

actually, i decided to use the JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ password and memory hacked it to give me 8 shields - since at least on that one it has 9999+ chips so I can just use my special weapons like noone business, hehe.

And yeah, i do know some areas end up crashing the game.

RubyC42

Speak of the devil,  found a  :redlander: room! (6, 12)

now i just need to find a password that gives me level 3s on all the  weapons and as much gun/shield power as possible...

arseniy

BTW how u use game genie in FCEUX? I got used to VirtuNes and started to play with FCEUX just few days ago.(Well if u use FCEUX)
You can put cheats to get everything u need. Unlimited life for example. We have some topic with RAM codes here
http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,91.0.html

RubyC42

FCE Ultra 0.98.10, so i guess it's FCEUX but older version.

arseniy

So have you decide to not do this spots in between map?

RubyC42

Actually i've already took a few  screenshots; here's the "filled in" Area 0 Map, built upon the map available from nesmaps.com (which could explain why the size don't match...

I had a feeling that the hint to unlock Corridor 6 was originally meant to be at (15, 13), but for some reason it got relocated to (13, 15)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/Rubycored/Random/tgl00.png

Note: size = 315kb, so i can't upload it here

the black spot at top right corner is because it crashes the game.

arseniy

Tehehe )))
Tho you should make something special to make that places recognizible on map. Dunno what.

UserK

Explain me this randomization thing.
Is it intentional? Or just glitch?
I am surprised old NES games can glitch glitch zap zap error DOES_NOT_COMPUTE zap error glitch kill bug bug bug so long and still work. Sort of.