Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Hello everyone! Glad to have run into you all!

Started by Xenoangel, June 02, 2010, 09:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenoangel

My name is  :heart0: Xenoangel! :heart0:  I have actually been searching  lately  online about this game and was wondering if anyone still remembered it.
After some extensive searches to see if i could contact Compile for any chance that this game could be remade, i have only found Japanese sites.  I think i read somewhere that both COMPILE and IREM no longer produce software. I was hoping that someone shared my wish in remaking this awesome and unique game. Perhaps in flash for internet  or a 3d world like  mario and Link. So in a Google search, i found this forum.
Along the way i did find a similar game called Blackstar. Not released yet, but has potential to prove that The Guardian legend could be done well with today's technology.http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?113-Games-Blackstar
My first game was in fact Mario Bros on the NES. After that was Metroid, but after searching far and wide for a cool game to play, i ran into this game at the rental counter. No photo, no description, just the  orange cover of these strange eyes that reminded me of the  cover for the movie ENEMY MIND (some 80's space flick). So i gave it a try and i couldn't put it down.  I played it till my fingers  bled...lol.
And I miss playing it. The game still haunts me...
Nowhere that i could  see ,  is a game that had such great feature for a sci fi genre to walk around some stages, and fly through others. It was truly unique back then. Come to think of it... there was Blaster master. But it wasn't quite as fun.
I am happy to know that there is still a following, and i will be glad to give my 2 cents.
Thanks for having me! :redlander:
Shinpu-haado-ken!

arseniy

Hey welcome!
We here share your feeling about this game :heart:

So about Blackstar. Are creators of game have inspiration by TGL making this game?
This easely can be Macross inspired. Also I suspect TGL had affection from Macross there is even a pilot named Miria in macross just like they named girl in TGL.

Megadeth502

welcome to the forum!!! good to see true fans!!!! i think Arseniy said that we are not gonna do a flash remake, which is good, and also a few of us (me included) think 3D is not the best place to start. i think we should shoot for a SNES remake/sequel to TGL with better graphics more weapons and a deep story/plot. hopefully we can all come together and do the original game justice

Xenoangel

Well.. whatever the case may be, as far as creating a sequel for TGL, I will try to do what i can to help out. I am sure that every little bit will help. Though i know finances is always the end means, i feel if we can come up with a great game in the making or blueprint for one, it is sure to spark some interest. Perhaps a larger entity would assist in game production, provided there is enough content and ideas  floating among us.
As far as Macross is concerned, with it being related, i am not sure. Maria, could just be a translation commonality for a generic name like john or mike is often used. I do not know much about Blackstar, because it is still under production and not much is reveled about it, other than that little movie and a small article. What interested me though, is the 3 -d battle sequences involved sprites that transformed into small craft and took the battle into shooter style space combat , much like TGL.
Shinpu-haado-ken!

Megadeth502

a 3d TGL would be cool if it was done right  :)

arseniy

It might be much better to choose 2D first because it is much harder to find 3D artists that whould be intrested.

Megadeth502

i agree i think we should do a 2d TGL. but im saying that a 3d one would be cool. someday

Xenoangel

Understandable! I am just happy that it wasn't just me wishing for this. Yay! :redlander:
Shinpu-haado-ken!