Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Rikerek - The Guardian Saga

Started by 7Soul, October 12, 2012, 05:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7Soul

There will be a story. So far I don't have many details, but I'm thinking something where you start to find out more about the ship as you explore it, and there might be some mystery about it...

Here are all weapons I made so far
Keep in mind weapons are not yet balanced, these gifs are also not a good representation of the speed in-game

1st weapon: Fireball
Powerful and slow-moving ball of fire. Moves slowly and can hit multiple times as it pass through enemies.
Best against: Big and slow enemies

Level 1:

Level 3:

2nd weapon: Saber
Short range laser. Drains energy fast and deals a lot of damage
Best against: Slow enemies you can get near, enemies that moves directly towards you

Level 1:

Level 3:

3rd weapon: Double Heater
You create two balls of energy that float around you, targeting enemies as they appear. They use energy while they are on screen, and keeping two heaters will use even more energy.
Best against: Spread out groups of enemies, fast-moving enemies

Level 1:

Level 3:

4th weapon: Magnetic Rings
Shoots magnetic metal rings backwards, then propel them forwards, covering a wide area around you.
Best against: Enemies far away, enemies behind you

Level 1:

Level 3:

5th weapon: Gravity Well
Creates an area of strong gravity that sucks bullets and deals damage to enemies.
Best against: Enemies that shoot a lot, big enemies, enemies with predictable movement

Level 1:

Level 3:

6th weapon: Orbiter
Use your metal to create an orbiting blade that hurts enemies on collision. It serves as a shield against bullets.
Can only endure a certain number of hits before breaking, then you need to use it again.
Best against: Small enemies, close-quarters situations

Level 1:

Level 3:

7th weapon: Wave
Creates fast-moving sound waves that go through enemies.
Best against: Groups of enemies, resilient enemies, fast-moving enemies

Level 1:

Level 3:

8th weapon: ?

9th weapon: ?

10th weapon: ?

RubyC42

Weapon 8: Twin sabre/side cutter [and maybe when it's upgraded to level 3, the player can press another button to have it spin around once instead of it constantly on the side], useful if you're getting swarmed

Weapon 9: "Shield" - a la "Mana Shield" in other RPGs, insteadof taking damage fully through HP, the shield will absorb some for you instead  (e.g., a hit that takes 7 HP will instead end up with a 4HP + 450Chips), useful if one's low on health but high on chips

just some ideas

==

Sabre 3: I like how the character was going upwards but the sabre was still hitting to the left XD

Heaters 3: wouldn't fast moving energyballs like in the example make it having lower hit accuracy than the slower one?

==

When a power up capsule shows up after defeating an enemy, wouldn't it be easier for the box to just show up instead of flashing as it appears? Might be easier on the graphics when it comes to recording
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

Could be a grenade similar to original but with some difference. With ability to blow when you want. So when you throw it and then press button again it detonates the grenade.

7Soul

Quote from: RubyC42 on April 09, 2013, 01:11:22 AM
Weapon 8: Twin sabre/side cutter [and maybe when it's upgraded to level 3, the player can press another button to have it spin around once instead of it constantly on the side], useful if you're getting swarmed

Weapon 9: "Shield" - a la "Mana Shield" in other RPGs, insteadof taking damage fully through HP, the shield will absorb some for you instead  (e.g., a hit that takes 7 HP will instead end up with a 4HP + 450Chips), useful if one's low on health but high on chips

just some ideas

==

Sabre 3: I like how the character was going upwards but the sabre was still hitting to the left XD

Heaters 3: wouldn't fast moving energyballs like in the example make it having lower hit accuracy than the slower one?

==

When a power up capsule shows up after defeating an enemy, wouldn't it be easier for the box to just show up instead of flashing as it appears? Might be easier on the graphics when it comes to recording

Your weapon 8 idea is similar to what I had in mind for my weapon 8 :P

Saber 3: it has a delay before disappearing, so you can still see it after I let the button go

Heater 3: it moves faster but it also targets enemies faster, so in fact it has more accuracy than the slower one

Capsule: The flashing is from the jet section, where the capsule will flash in place so you have time to shoot at it, before it starts moving down. I'll remove that for the exploration part

Quote from: arseniy on April 09, 2013, 04:30:19 AM
Could be a grenade similar to original but with some difference. With ability to blow when you want. So when you throw it and then press button again it detonates the grenade.

That's my idea for weapon 9

arseniy

7Soul

Quote from: arseniy on April 10, 2013, 03:12:56 AM
When will you update the demo?
I'll probably put up test versions once in a while, for those who want to take a closer look into the development of game

7Soul

Hey guys, nothing new right now, my computer got busted and had to stay in maintenance for 6 days u.u
It's all fine now, luckly ^^

If you use tumblr and want to follow the game, I made a tumblr blog just to post news about this game http://rikerokdevlog.tumblr.com/
So you can just go there and click the +follow button. It's empty now but I'll update it when I get anything new

RubyC42

re: the new art style on the recent Tumblr post.

she looks kind of like a typical space marine like that than a guardian fighter XD, must be the lack of the folded flight module on her back; i like it though. :bluelander:

might see if i can get fanarts of her >_>
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

arseniy

But anyway, that's better than the previous one.

cyan-the-blue

I tried to play the rikeron game, but couldn't get it to load. 
The Guardian of the Earth has many allies in her quest.

arseniy

Quote from: cyan-the-blue on January 20, 2014, 01:01:39 PM
I tried to play the rikeron game, but couldn't get it to load.
He probably stuck with project and did not managed it for long. There is not much to see tho. Only some demo fly stage without end.

dragnfly

Hi. I stumbled on this place by chance when trying to re-ignite my memories of this game for a Worlds of Power parody thing. I'm completely blown away by the work I see here. The weapons in particular and the different chip system sounds interesting.

For the record, I'm pro Shield and Proximity Mines or Delay Mines for special weapons:)

Story-wise, I promote the idea of keeping it simple yet interesting. Focus on providing an interesting look at the game's world and it's history. Maybe a twist where Naju reaching Earth is actually a good thing for the rest of the galaxy. I think themes of reflection and loneliness are smart to use here as the setting already supports them, they require less resources (less characters/dialogue) and can be reflected on in interesting ways when the main character isn't human.

I'd say the only bad thing (well, not bad. Just worth improving upon) is DP's redesign on the tumblr page a few posts back. The art itself is great but I feel it's far too generic looking. For those of us who grew up with this game, the character's distinct style with visibly noticeable transformation components was an instant winning factor. Mecha musume and similar styles were pretty much unheard of, especially outside of Japan. So she was kind of a first. I get overjoyed when I'm searching pixiv and she pops up, and the first time that happened I admit I got a bit teary-eyed with nostalgia. It'd be sad if others who didn't stumble on it like I did couldn't get that same feeling.

I just think that, if anything, the character should be instantly recognizable.

I'm not meaning to end on a low note because the work here is beyond exceptional. Just giving my 2 cents. Best of luck with the project. I'll certainly be popping back here every so often to check up on it, and I'll help spread the word.

arseniy

Squodcyro

It's very cool, guy! I agree with arseniy, we want see\play in demo! :)
Good luck in making the game!)))