Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Music Samples

Started by RandomSpriter, June 09, 2010, 12:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomSpriter

Well, let's get down to business here.

Since music is a pretty important part of any game, no matter where or what, we're to make sure that it should fit well with the current background on that stage.

So let's keep it simple, for you people here who like to create musics, here's alittle work for you.

I want to have a 10 second Sample(MAX 10 seconds.) of a music influenced by the Original TGL sound track.
This sample must be ATLEASt 6 seconds to MAX 10 seconds long.
The purpose of this is to have an idea of what Tempo, rhytm, musical instrument/synth, and the overall feel of what you are trying to create.

Firstly, the first stage(The one I'm mixing about when I have time.) need something of a beginning, a average tempo with a nice heartbeat, yet with something of a positive feel to it. You may use HOW many instruments you wish.

So far, the idea of the first stage is, Sea, Beach, Farmlands(outer rim.), Forest, Entrance to city, Power station, Inside City, Crater Entrance, Crater middle.

So it's pretty diverse of what you can use, which gives you more free hand on what you can or want to produce.

Good things:
1: A nice beat, but keep it toned down
2: Varied instruments(Free hands.) Try and keep one main instrument though.
3: Somewhat Cheerful, nothing to be dreaded

Avoid Things
1: Too fast beat, it's meant as something to start off, thereby a fast beat is a bad thing.
2: Don't make it too complicated.

Well then, go ahead and gives us some samples, and once we find someone that we actually can like and have in the game, then you create the full 1 minute(max of 1 minute and 12 seconds loop.).

Something for those who love to make music to do. :)

arseniy

I m into this theme.
Beign horrible lzy this days. My programmers co-wokers angry on me already.

If there was someone who are good in notes that could be very helpfull.

I make music with my ears and music I make has way different harmonies than TGL and Zanac has. I can make some personal music but I would love to know harmonies used in Zanac and TGL to make this specifical sounding. I can pick up rhythm more easely but notes is hard for me since I not know them and making music by ear.

RagnarokNAJU

finally... something for me to do.. let me try to record some dittys... i see what i cant come up with

im great with notes rythm tone all that stuff... and piano is my instrument.. ill probably have live recordings instead of midis or what not with mkultiple instruments.. but its a start and all that jazz
~~ Cleaveland

teremochek

Music creates game Atmosphere, and leaves impressions. In my opinion Music wins first place on a priority.
I think, for this purpose what to create music in the spirit of TGL, it is necessary to understand the composer(Masatomo Miyamoto (Miyamo), Takeshi Santoh (Shant)

arseniy

Quote from: teremochek on June 24, 2010, 06:48:03 AM
Music creates game Atmosphere, and leaves impressions. In my opinion Music wins first place on a priority.
I think, for this purpose what to create music in the spirit of TGL, it is necessary to understand the composer(Masatomo Miyamoto (Miyamo), Takeshi Santoh (Shant)

Do you know where to get more music by this composers?

teremochek

Quote from: arseniy on June 24, 2010, 07:14:20 AM
Quote from: teremochek on June 24, 2010, 06:48:03 AM

Do you know where to get more music by this composers?

Takeshi Santo:
Victorious Boxers: Revolution (2007), AQ Interactive, Inc.
Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone (2006), Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
Star Soldier (2005), Hudson Soft Company, Ltd.
Riviera: The Promised Land (2004), Sting, Inc.
Evolution 2: Far off Promise (1999), ESP
Evolution: The World of Sacred Device (1999), Sting, Inc.
Treasure Hunter G (1996), Square Co., Ltd.
The Jetsons: Invasion of the Planet Pirates (1994), Taito Corporation
Psycho Chaser (1990), Naxat Soft
The Guardian Legend (1988), Irem Software Engineering, Inc.

Masatomo Miyamoto
Cyber Knight (1990), Tonkinhouse
Aleste 2 (1989), Compile
Blazing Lazers (1989), Hudson Soft Company, Ltd., NEC Home Electronics (U.S.A.) Inc.
Golvellius: Valley of Doom (1988), Compile
The Guardian Legend (1988), Irem Software Engineering, Inc.
Power Strike (1988), Compile
Xevious: Fardraut Saga (1988), Namco Limited
Jagur 5 (1987), Hudson Soft Company, Ltd.
Guardic (1986), Compile
Thexder (1986), Eaglesoft
Zanac A.I. (1986), Pony Canyon, Inc.
Zanac EX (1986), Pony Canyon, Inc.
Godzilla (1985), Toho Cinefile-Soft Library
Lunar Ball (1985), Pony Canyon, Inc.
Lunar Pool (1985), Pony Canyon, Inc.

Me has interested "Star Soldier (2005)"
On how many I know soot em up...