Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Naju Nexus: The Guardian Legend- Episode I

Started by Donloteion, January 01, 2013, 08:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubyC42

This Episode has ended, for the next part please check out here!
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

RyanRoss

Quote from: UserK on February 01, 2013, 08:18:05 AM
Post 33
Green Hell Zone.
Timeline: a few hours after post 28 (therefore after Compile crashed as the whole thing took tens of minutes, if not a couple of hours AFAIK).

They say knowing your enemy is half the battle.
Over the years spent scouting Naju, Rey realized overly complicated tactics were far from useful. The enemy was made of waves of critters, aggressive feral creatures, diseases, uncomfortable weather and unfavorable grounds. Knowing the enemy wasn't then much of a great deal. Execution was key to staying alive, keeping eyes and ears open. And mouth shut.

Location, location, location. They also used to say, years ago, in his early days of training in the self-defense forces. They weren't quite telling the whole story and the whole story was that location, timeframe and conditions were key. Get there, get there when needed. Get there without fucking up.
In this case, something must have gone wrong. Very wrong. Headed towards an unknown position, probably hours late, unprepared, to attempt a rescue mission on an unknown, possibly hostile subject. Luckly Rey long forgone being completely rational. Rationally, nobody would ever land to an hostile, unidentified planet with no extraction plan just to pull out some data about its ecosystems. But they did.

Rey knew they were successful a couple of years ago, when the sky were suddendly filled with fireworks. Somebody came down to lay death on this forsaken planet and hopefully bring them back to home. Then, earthquakes seemed to almost tear the planet apart. Not once, not twice but 10 times, with increasing force.
And then. Nothing. For years. Until something apparently started messing up with topography, near the horizon, near the high mountains separating from the other hemisphere. The radio went live and an aircraft made its way to the surface. It was hope, it was...

Smell is an often neglected sense. But here in the dense woods were line of sights are nothing other than a futile concept and ears cannot pinpoint the location of every small animal and critter in the dense shadows, it was possibly even more important. Welcome to Naju, where even the environment can kill you. Learn to sidestep the "death trees", hear the centipedes, outrun the giant enemy crabs, you can still get killed and love every second of it.

They dubbed it "pinneapple octopus". It finds a spot where the shade is less thick and stays there until the sun sets. The more sun it takes, the more it spreads its lovely juices. They must taste delicious for the creatures, attracted by the smell. It attracts humans too. No matter what it is, when it reaches the origin, the smell and the led lighting make the rest. It must be a piece of paradise.

QuoteShit!

Rey quickly backtracks. How long has been breathing this? He didn't even notice it just started to rain. He stumbles on a wet root and while he tries to recover, he falls down a small basin, vanely trying to get a stable hold. Something just went wrong. He's struck on a rock by sheer speed. Grabbing a log covered in ivy, he falls in the void.
The jump is only a few meters in height. A pond of brown water greets the unfortunate explorer with a warm splash.

Rey walks out the pond on his knees. Bends and start pushing his head on the ground. Then he raises it and the whole forest appears to be filled with his screams.

Then silence.

It is pleased.

There are two ways through the forest. The first is going by a river. The toxic, hallucinogic fumes prevent unprotected humans to stay near the flow long but doesn't appear to be particularly dangerous to the native inhabitants. Taken in the clear, everything is an easy prey. Better to let this not happen.
The second is to go through the woods. Of course there are hundreds of ways to be killed there but with limited visibility, at least humans can stand a chance in combat. Unless something goes wrong, as it just happenened.

Rey is standing still. His eyes are open, filled with blood as he tries to figure out his position.

QuoteBetter to move out. Fast. Everything must have heard me. Better to try than just to get my ass bitten off by some lionworm!
At full power, the steel feet of the two augmentations jump from a stone to the other covering inhumane distances. Rey soon reaches the other side of the basin and begins to follow the flow.

Something jumps out of the shade and tries to attack the explorer. He dodges with a somersault. As the creature lands, Rey shoots. It's a miss. Sparks are scattered as the laser would bounce on the rock hit. The wheel-like creature propels itself towards Rey again. Easily predicting this, he avoids a direct hit again, as the creature smashes a large rock nearby.

QuoteLeave me alone!
A laser trail shows in the air as Rey sweeps between himself and the creature. Immediately, explosions burst out one after the other filling the air with an almost solid wall of light. Rey turns away, jumps on a large rock and crouches as if he's charging a a spring. From the top, he can see hundreds of feral eyes glittering in the dark. Everything would be better than this.

QuoteNo problem. I needed a recon anyway.
Let's just hope for the landing!
The rock explodes in a burst of debris as he jumps towards the air. The eyes blur away, the river basin appears to become thinner and thinner. In a moment he's over the green and brown surface that is the forest. He can see the ruins in the distance as he searches for something to help him locate a crash site. At the topmost point of the parabola, he raises a punch to the air. Landing is going to be difficult, but Rey is going down with a smile.

Very nice thread.. There is lot to gain information about Naju Nexus.. Being a newbie the information is helping me lot..

Souperion

If you're here to troll, I'm sure you've got more important stuff to do than tread on a fan's input on an RP dedicated to an ancient video game. If you are earnest, you'd be better off checking the events that transcended with the Guardian fighters and Naju control, especially in episode 2.
For being just a theory, gravity sure brings me down.

Souperion

If you're here to troll, I'm sure you've got more important stuff to do than tread on a fan's input on an RP dedicated to an ancient video game. If you are earnest, you'd be better off checking the events that transcended with the Guardian fighters and Naju control, especially in episode 2.
For being just a theory, gravity sure brings me down.