Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Workin' on some chunes.

Started by Golbez, April 18, 2012, 11:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golbez

I guess they can literally be called Chunes, an amalgamation of "chip tunes." I dropped a link in the 10-page thread for the first tune in here, but looking at the download count, it seems a new song to most, so I've included it again anyway. :)

This 1 file contains ... eh... at least the beginnings of 4 tracks. Not sure if I'll expand on a couple themes. And they might be tweaked the more I hear 'em. I'm trying to make them sound similar to TGL's style, but sometimes as I start them, they take on their own sound. Kind of a tough process. What I have to do next is to add a few songs with varying tempos, to mix it up a bit. And maybe a boss track and a jingle or two.

But maybe this might motivate any of you coders to keep on truckin'. Well, here's hoping!

arseniy

I don't think you'll be able to make it sound as you want using only the midi.
And nice tune BTW.

Golbez

Well the original was essentially MIDI. The primary stylistic contrast different between the two is that mine lack drums.

I understand there's not necessarily a strong desire nor reason to make/use something current with MIDI when there's a rich variety of real sound fonts available. But I think it's a least loosely consistent with the original.

Or am I missing what you're saying? Thanks for checking it out though. :)

UserK

Quote from: Golbez on April 18, 2012, 11:00:28 AMBut maybe this might motivate any of you coders to keep on truckin'. Well, here's hoping!
Thank you, very appreciated.