Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Another TGL fan reporting in.

Started by nanonym, April 08, 2013, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanonym

Hello everyone.

When I was 20 years younger, TGL was way too big for me. Prolly because I did not understand English back then and TGL is way more complicated than many other games I had.
But those obstacles did not hold me back. I tried, and died. Hour after hour. Good times.

Unfortunately, I never was able to actually finish the game until eight years later. I finally completed my mission.

Last year I realized that it was 25th anniversary of TLOZ (tho I was few months late), so I bought Wii to celebrate that. Somehow, I was completely forgotten TGL...
Today I was just doing what I always do when coding, listening some fine chiptunes and metal covers of them and ...

...  suddenly TGL theme started playing.

Now, I am sure that everyone here knows that feeling. Those memories... Why can't I just go back there?

Then I came here, now I rush to my Wii and play TGL!  :heart0:
///

RubyC42

welcome welcome! :bluelander:

always great when we see more TGL fans old and new!
My YouTube channel for gameplay videos [includes TGL: Secret gameplays!]

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

UserK

Hello nanonym. So TGL has been ported on the virtual console? Last time I checked it wasn't there. The virtual console is way too pricey for me anyway and now you make me think about it... I guess it was like 1 year ago.   ::)

Random nes game kickass metal cover!

TGL was a disaster for me. The messages were just too complex. It took me years to learn enough english to understand it! Stuck at corridor 4 I think for years. I wouldn't go back there. Well, I would actually go back, taking my current English level!   :heart0:

What are you doing? I also spend some time coding games every once in a while. I'm actually off to a job, but I'm afraid I'll have to invest some effort on this soon. This is a very rich community, there are a few dudes doing Flash mostly the moderator, Arseniy has a quite spiffy puzzle game called Orbox. Last Version is Orbox C I think and has a very nice difficulty curve.

RubyC42

Quote from: UserK on April 08, 2013, 11:53:17 AM
---  It took me years to learn enough english to understand it!---

Wait, you're not a native speaker? Always thought you were...

Are you a Text Role-player? We have a TGL-themed RP going on, feel free to join!

nanonym

Hello nanonym. So TGL has been ported on the virtual console? Last time I checked it wasn't there. The virtual console is way too pricey for me anyway and now you make me think about it... I guess it was like 1 year ago.   ::)

Random nes game kickass metal cover!

TGL was a disaster for me. The messages were just too complex. It took me years to learn enough english to understand it! Stuck at corridor 4 I think for years. I wouldn't go back there. Well, I would actually go back, taking my current English level!   :heart0:

What are you doing? I also spend some time coding games every once in a while. I'm actually off to a job, but I'm afraid I'll have to invest some effort on this soon. This is a very rich community, there are a few dudes doing Flash mostly the moderator, Arseniy has a quite spiffy puzzle game called Orbox. Last Version is Orbox C I think and has a very nice difficulty curve.

I have modded Wii, so I use emulator. Sadly.

Web-dev & design, that's my job. I've been writing a strategy "game" with Python, tho there ain't been much progress due work. Lately I've also started writing a tracker with Ruby and curses. And ofc my good old "web GUI design system" & lot's of other smaller things with JavaScript.
///

7Soul

Quote from: RubyC42 on April 08, 2013, 12:04:58 PM
---  It took me years to learn enough english to understand it!---

Wait, you're not a native speaker? Always thought you were...

Pretty much no one here is native english speaker :P

RubyC42

Quote from: 7Soul on April 08, 2013, 04:44:11 PM

Pretty much no one here is native english speaker :P

was thinking that myself when i made that post, LOL

arseniy

Such a great little story :3
Welcome! :heart: :redlander: