Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Another try at collaborative writing?

Started by UserK, April 12, 2014, 10:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserK

Ok, so my work is a bit on-off lately. I'm running some things that take hours to complete, yet not enough to just let me go completely off work. Sometimes I just find myself slacking. As I check out those forums, I recall our past efforts with the Naju Nexus experiment.
I have been an avid RPG player in the past and I've tried at running a few games as a DM with admittedly little success. I wonder if there's any interest in trying something which is somewhat RPG-like on those forums.

The setting would be much, much sooner than TGL would take place, with Naju very likely in the early stages of detection with system DP possibly already prototyped but yet not finalized so a variation would be possible. I have to admit there's a good chance there will be only a very loose connection with TGL. As a fact, I was thinking at something more like EinhanderZwei's work with his set of characters and coherent universe. So, somehow, there would be those "guardians" somehow running around and trying to cope with various mess.

Each character would be given the possibility to choose his or her own path, their decisions would be in your control but how the story unfolds would be narrator's responsibility, the narrator will likely rotate, with his/her character eventually fading to background and most likely temporarily retiring to inactivity.

The inner working of this experiment have been inspired by a blog I have been following about a game the author tried recently. This game ditches dice throws and stats to inspire a collaborative-like story telling. Basically each player in this game was allowed to elaborate his/her character's action as described above and the result would essentially be based on how well the description of the action would fit the character's description.

I might have to formalize that a bit more to cater with forum usage, it's not like I have everything clear in my mind, it's just an idea. Is there anyone interested in trying something more?

arseniy

I'm not into this text gaming.
You sure you want that and have time for this?
Considering low activity on the forum I don't think many users will see the topic.
I can make newsletter about this if it's important. Also consider there are only around 100-120 real people and other users are bots who I delete sometimes.

UserK

Quote from: arseniy on April 13, 2014, 12:53:58 AM
You sure you want that and have time for this?
Honestly? No, I am not sure I can afford it. Thank you for the suggestion.  XD