Updates:

Fans are welcome!

One more chance.

Started by Req4boxes, August 19, 2014, 08:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Req4boxes

No! Not yet! The one chance... the optimizer... use... it.

Slammed full tilt into Naju at an unspecified time in 2014.
Unconscious for months.

Awakened only sometime in August 2014, Sol Standard Calendar.
Interface used: Jnes.

Destroyed Naju and escaped It over the course of about six to eight two-hour sessions.
Discovered Guardian haven on the fifth awakening cycle.

Found haven in state of disarray.
Primary objective: restore to functional form.

Transmission decrypted.

"Well, it's a mess that I see over here... might need to fix that up.
Anyways, greetings to all of you fellow Guardians.
Name's Req4boxes, but you can call me Req if you so wish.
I've gone by many names: Xterminion, [][][][], Eliokian...
If you recognize one of them, good for you.

I came here mostly because I've been properly conquered by The Guardian Legend.
Thing just became the second game I've fully played using an emulator - and yes, that includes TGL mode.

Proof: I had a score of 2,235,030 at the end, a maximum of 6000 chips, and I once tried to Seeker It before resorting to doing the in-your-face again with the Saber Laser. And yes, there is an exact spot wherein It cannot claw you or hit you with its hideous visage, only with Its projectiles.

I fear Blue Optomon, Red Grimgrin, and the first... skull (Eyegore?). Blue Optomon because he has the slow and fast seaweed lasers, and I didn't have Fireball then. Red Grimgrin because seriously that thing takes forever to die and never lets up. Eyegore the First because skulls hurt more than front lasers or nails for some stupid reason.

Anyways, I'm here for whatever you have... which might not be all that much, judging from now. But then again, who knows.

There's always change on the horizon. See you around, Guardians."

arseniy

Hello  ;D
How did you come up with playing the game for months?

Req4boxes

No... not really. To be honest, it only took me two weeks at most to explore both the original game and TGL mode.

Glad to see someone else here, though.
Oddly enough, I don't hear much in the way of people having trouble with Blue Optomon, though that was for me the most nightmare-inducing of them (yes, Red Grimgrin included). Is it because it's only hard for its early-game slaughtering?

arseniy

I think I heard enough that it's pretty hard boss. But in Russia there is more discussion about 4th corridor. The problem is that there was mostly japanese version floated around and people had no idea what is written. So there are many people who stuck on corridor 4. So every second story is about stuck on to open corridor 4  ;D

P.S.
Yes, forum has low activity because it's like everything were discussed already. If you have idea about new poll for voting section, I can send a newsletter about it. Check the voting section.

P.P.S
Soon, I hope, the rusian guy will create walk around level and I will make a newsletter about his work so english public can feedback on his project. It's kinda very homemade but at least something:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLt9lwp_7Sk

Req4boxes

Hmm.
So that's why, haha.
They're having trouble on "visit Blue Lander two lefts from the corridor room four times"?
But then again, Japanese versus Russian, so understandable overall.

Also, there's a lot of stuff that hasn't been discussed yet - but I guess most of those are just other stuff answered by other guides already. Gonna write stuff, though.

Oh wow he's trying to remake it? Good luck to him  ;)

arseniy

It's like 3rd person making the attempt to make remake )))

Req4boxes

Yeah, watched a good chunk of it.
So far, it's still in need of a lot of work on... pretty much everything, actually.

Like, say, taking advantage of the widescreen format.
Or improving the music remix.
Or even completing the sprite remaking.

The trench eyes going in curved lines is neat, though.
So is Fleepa's new style of attack - I like that, spicing up bosses.

Overall, it just feels like the game was redone in widescreen.

Anyways, I think this might deserve a topic of its own.

arseniy

There is a topic in russian section. When he make walking level I will ask him make version in english and a topic  :bluelander:

Req4boxes

Hmm, okay then.

Would you be interested in a (rather long) infodump? Because that's exactly what I intend to do.

EDIT: Just finished the entire game again today. 2,147,320 score, died 8 times (once due to stupid errors in exploring Area 1 after finishing Corridor 11, three times with that stupid bouncing leech in Area 3, two times with Blue Optomon in Corridor 3, and one more time with yet another leech, this time in Area 4).

Hah, while before I had trouble with Fleepa and absolutely feared that Blue Optomon, now I'm just dancing past the former and just having a bit of stubbornness from the latter.

EDIT mk 2: Did I say Blue Optomon? I meant Green Optomon, gah! It's the one with the slow and fast lasers and that's in the jungle! Oopsie.

arseniy

How do you even die with that bouncing boss? It's like easest one XD.