Updates:

Fans are welcome!

What is the true look of the guardian???

Started by AlastorSX, October 18, 2012, 05:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlastorSX

Is it me, or does it seem that like many NES games, The Guardian herself has many different images? The only 2 in game ones that come to mind to even try to comprehend what her true concept is, is that of her sprite, and the ending credits picture which I like to compare similarly as Samus in her zero suit. I think I may try to make my own concept art of the guardian from my own perspective, which I will gladly share with you all. I haven't been in the drawing game for a while, but she is one project I have considered doing since before I reached my teen years. Drew many different inspired drawings, but nothing of the real thing. Hopefully the critics here aren't too harsh :-p
"Nothing Is True... Everything Is Permitted..."

7Soul

Most of the time this is due to limitations of the color palette, and for the art design in general.

For instance, in the ending credits her hair is brown, and during the game it's black. If it was brown in the game, her sprite would have to be drawn in a different way in order to display that brown color, and it could also result in bad readability against the background

NES games have a limitation of only 4 colors per 8x8 pixels sprite. In her case, she is made of 6 (or 8, I forgot) sprites, each using white, red, black and transparent

Ratix

many moons ago when i was age 15 and finally beat the game fully when i had seen that picture at the end of the game of what the main character looked like. for a moment i said why is my aunt in this game? then i thought about it. my aunt is the guardian legend with black hair

AlastorSX

Quote from: 7Soul on October 18, 2012, 09:58:35 PM
Most of the time this is due to limitations of the color palette, and for the art design in general.

For instance, in the ending credits her hair is brown, and during the game it's black. If it was brown in the game, her sprite would have to be drawn in a different way in order to display that brown color, and it could also result in bad readability against the background

NES games have a limitation of only 4 colors per 8x8 pixels sprite. In her case, she is made of 6 (or 8, I forgot) sprites, each using white, red, black and transparent

Great knowledge on the topic, but I am mostly curious about her attire. Is it that skimpy outfit she wears at the end? It just doesn't seem to be practical for combat, but then again, it is similar to what her sprite wears IMO.

EinhanderZwei

As I'm pretty sure that Miria is a cyborg, I'd say her pseudo-skimpy outfit is fine, as it provides the same level of mechanical protection as her entire body. So it's just for the looks

AlastorSX

Nothing like a woman who can perform her daily tasks and look good while doing it :-)

UserK

As a side note, some hi-tech polymers are very elastic yet can provide some piercing protection. Apparently they work on... no idea really.  XD

andreasaspenberg

my theory is that the image at the end is the main character in her private attire.(i mean something she wears when not working.) it does reveal a lot more skin after all and is without a head piece.