Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend: WORLDS

Started by Quoise Games, February 19, 2015, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimgrin

Cool! I notice the corridor speed on this. I'll check this one out now.
Currently extending the game.

Quoise Games

Version 1.6 is up. Added "Fighting Chance". When running low on HP, you'll earn a small boost of HP after destroying some enemies, just enough to give you a fighting chance.

arseniy

Isn't this fighting chance is like cheat?
Is it possible to make EyeGore to move with Optomon's or other boss pattern?

arseniy

I also think the subweapons speed is not randomized on their 2,3 levels

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on March 16, 2015, 10:28:36 AM
Isn't this fighting chance is like cheat?
Is it possible to make EyeGore to move with Optomon's or other boss pattern?

In the future, fighting chance will deplete some chips so it wont feel like a cheat.  So enjoy it for free while you can.  You'll also have an option to enable/disable it through the editor. 

I can take a look at mixing up boss movement patterns.  I got a couple of other ideas coming down the pipe so stay tuned.

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on March 16, 2015, 11:05:55 AM
I also think the subweapons speed is not randomized on their 2,3 levels

So it IS randomized on their first level? Great find! I kept getting tripped up as to why sometimes the speed varied and while other times it did not. I'll take a look it that

arseniy

The problem with Clawbots I think not solved. The corridor 17 still not playable. Repetitive pattern.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRt1DSscxnE

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on March 16, 2015, 11:41:12 AM
The problem with Clawbots I think not solved. The corridor 17 still not playable. Repetitive pattern.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRt1DSscxnE
I'm pretty sure Clawbots reappearing more than 3 times is solved. Feel free to post an nes rom with more than 3 clawbots so I can look into it

arseniy

I need the corridor 17 to work to be sure.

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on March 16, 2015, 12:34:33 PM
I need the corridor 17 to work to be sure.

Ok. I'll try to get 17 working in the next build.  In the meantime, you should see no more than 3 clawbots per session.  Its unlikely that there would be a fourth one hiding in 17. 

Quoise Games

Version 1.7 is up.  Fixed Corridor 17, added few lines of random text. Made all weapons on all levels show random speed.  Toned down random movement patterns

arseniy

Did you read this?
Don't know if this gives any advance. It's a TGL changed to MMC3 mapper
http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html

Quoise Games

Quote from: arseniy on March 27, 2015, 10:45:19 AM
Did you read this?
Don't know if this gives any advance. It's a TGL changed to MMC3 mapper
http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html

Thanks for the link.
I looked it over.
Read some things.
And now...

.....I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DOUBLED THE SIZE OF THE ROM, AND HAVE USED THE NEW SPACE!!! YIPPEE.....

Expanded worlds are on the way!

Let me know what you'd like to see in TGL with new ROM space added.  Soon we'll be limited only by our imagination!

So far I can get atleast 21 new corridors in, as well as double the size of the current map.  But it doesn't have to stop there.  I can put in new game mechanics, new behaviors, etc.  The only thing I'm not so sure about is new graphics.  But that can come later.  Data and gameplay are expanded.

fireball

Double TGL would be what, 256k?  Under the 512k that current flash carts max out on.

Actually, has this been tested on a flashcart, I should probably do that.
I died.

fireball

If I were to write something that generated some sanity checked labyrinths for races, would you give me the technical info to patch the data into the roms?

As I'm unreliable, I'd write the generator first so it made playable maps out of game to a level that seemed OK, and then worry about figuring out how to bring them into the game.  If I don't write the generator, I have no reason to waste your time probing for details.
I died.