The Guardian Legend: WORLDS

Started by Quoise Games, February 19, 2015, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattrick_

Testing as we speak
twitch.tv/mattrick_

Mattrick_

Okay!

MONSTROUS PROPS GOES OUT TO MLPERRY (Headfonez) FOR PULLING THIS OFF!!! Its great man!

I had one instance of an out of map zone, but it didnt affect anything it was just a second corridor 2 which was already cleared.
Outside of that everything else worked as intended.... i did NOT find everything because fuck exploring ever single square inch of hte map in all the convoluted backtracking areas that the randomizer generates.

It did make for a lot of fun though, and we most definately can use this to race!

Thanks a ton for making this happen man!  :redlander: It only gets better from here!

http://www.twitch.tv/mattrick_/c/6473444 if anyone is interested in seeing the entire run

fireball

You did notice that some doors with keys were mislabeled, but it appeared to be that you can only have one type of label in a room, and there was 2 types of key doors in the same room.
I died.

Mattrick_

That is correct, it happened only in two instances, but only actually made a difference in one of them, because the SSS key entrance, was masked by a + key. Other than that, off the top of my head there wasnt anything else i can think of.

Mattrick_

The new randomizer.... it works on TGL secret.....

Youve been warned  :skull:

fireball

Quote from: Mattrick_ on April 04, 2015, 01:59:28 PM
I had one instance of an out of map zone, but it didnt affect anything it was just a second corridor 2 which was already cleared.

In the current race between zakky and seawolf an out of map zone was found that had no exits back/to anywhere.  Luckily they were both using save states semi frequently to prevent game breakage killing the race.
I died.

arseniy

But out of map zone have randomized stuff depends on timer. I guess it should not be included.

Quoise Games

Glad you like it! (glad it works)

Stay tuned, your corridors may start to look a little different. Different in a good, playable way.

Quoise Games

Version 1.2 is now up. Corridors are now randomized. The randomization is based on the area.  So, for example, corridor 1 may have corridor 11's enemy listing.  I haven't randomized the bosses yet but should be able to do the same with those using the same formula.  Corridor palettes and game music randomized

Get it at:
http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,2001.msg8049.html#msg8049

arseniy

This version seems better so far than TGL Worlds, because the corridors are playable. I played only TGL mode. The levels pallete seems cooler than random one.

But the random music is not so good. I think no need to use boss music for level and no need to use game_over or password screen for level or boss.

Another thing I notice some levels are very short. I guess because they wasn't supposed to be run on high speed?

And another. Can there be another Dragon, like hard one like in hack version instead of one of Clawbot?

This boss had only 3 eyes:
http://data3.floomby.com/files/share/6_4_2015/11/GqojHTCWUesKYHqoIkJ2A.png

fireball

Glitches I saw in the race between Zakky and Matt.  I haven't played yet, will in the last few days.  Last weekend I was out of town, about to have my next weekend.

There are still doors to out of bounds areas which can break the game.
There was a red lander that re-spawned after being picked up.
For whatever reason, red optomon spawned a green optomon for Zakky (2x times) but not for Matt.
Prior mentioned "some eyes contain eyes" , some don't including in the boss.

Beyond that, some corridors had a total of 3ish enemies before the boss.  Interesting, and playable, but not likely all that exciting. 
I died.

Quoise Games

Version 1.3 is up.  Music is more reasonably randomized, and an interesting effect happens when you're hit while in a corridor.  It may affect your chances during a race....

Get it at:
http://theguardianlegend.com/forum/index.php/topic,2001.msg8049.html#msg8049

Mattrick_

Honestly it was kind of fun, because the randomness was all over the place. I thought navigating the map was the worst part, it was more convoluted than a termites nest the way it wound around on itself. Overall still really enjoyable.

Another rhing to note. I have found a few overworld item boxes that endlessly respawn (last night had an endlessly respawning red lander). Dont know if this is fixable, but it was annoying to see.

Mattrick_

Oh and is there anyway to remove a save room every 6 ish screen tranitions. Death warping is a TIME LOSS in many cases because all the save rooms are every 5-6 screens. Should check out sone of our race footage, some of the clusters of save rooms are 3-4 in a row at times. Pretty ridiculous

Mattrick_

Speaking of that, im actually not 100% opposed to nonsave rooms at all. Considering this randomizer was designed with races in mind, it would be more punishing to respawn in the center everytime and make death something to be feared rather than a minor setback