Updates:

Fans are welcome!

The Guardian Legend: WORLDS

Started by Quoise Games, February 19, 2015, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quoise Games

Also if you still remember the seed names can you post them hete so i can look into them

ZakkyTheGoatragon

I believe the main one I played through was "Rambo".  Aside from the no shops and improper key issues, it was fine.  I used a password generator to progress and as far as I could tell, the labyrinths and flight sequences were fine.

Quoise Games

Quote from: ZakkyTheGoatragon on September 17, 2015, 06:28:44 AM
I believe the main one I played through was "Rambo".  Aside from the no shops and improper key issues, it was fine.  I used a password generator to progress and as far as I could tell, the labyrinths and flight sequences were fine.

So no shops, and maybe no corridor 1 I understand.  But what do you mean when you say "improper key issues"? Were certain areas not showing up when you got its associated key?

ZakkyTheGoatragon

I mean just not having a key to get into whatever the next area is.  It's possible Corridor 4 had the key I needed.

Mattrick_

Seed names that were tested last night
Jerkseed
Rambo
ScumbagRandomizer

and then i tested out
goingforgrimgrin
and i forget the name of the last seed i tried

Quoise Games

Ok. I've confirmed those issues. I've reopened the shops and fixed a bug related to the key to open the shops.  The chances that some maps don't generate, or that they don't generate corridor 1 should be down to minimal.  The build is attached.

Mattrick_

Ive passed the word along.
I'm at work right now so im unable to test it. But we will get working on it and get you some feedback

Mattrick_

Oh by the way, before i spend hours searching for the perfect seed.
Is it possible to get grimgrins in c1? im dieing to find a seed that does that so i can unleash it on the racers Kappa

fireball

Zakky ran into a corridor that glitched terribly before the boss, and the middle of the screen turned into glitch tiles that fired invisible shots that did really high damage.  His boss of choice was crawdaddy and therefore the room was pretty much unbeatable.   Didn't see that issue mentioned before, I don't have time now, but later I can try to find it in the vod, or perhaps Matt will find it before I'm back home from work late tonight.
I died.

Mattrick_

Fireball, more than likely that was due to the old / bad mapper found in the powerpak, because i played the same one on Bizhawk and had no issues

fireball

Quote from: Mattrick_ on September 17, 2015, 10:28:06 AM
Fireball, more than likely that was due to the old / bad mapper found in the powerpak, because i played the same one on Bizhawk and had no issues

Ahh, I've not had a lot of the issues he's had on my everdrive n8 either.
I died.

Mattrick_

everdrive n8.... we have to talk about this later

Quoise Games

Some things to note.
The terrible glitch on the crystal corridor before the boss occurs because of the randomization. I would say stay as far as you can from that glitched area during that section.  I haven't found the cause of that yet. If it is still unbeatable..i can replace it with a copy of an existing corridor. This glitch happens mildly on a few others but this one is the most severe.

Grimgrim in a different corridor...that doesnt happen yet. Only water, crystal, and forest corridors are randomized.  This is because the later areas are more dependent on their level layout for their boss fights. Once this build is ironed out, ill mix up the other two areas

ZakkyTheGoatragon

Tested this out yesterday.  Didn't have any issues and was able to complete the game without any problems.

As for the glitched spots in the randomized crystal corridors, they really shouldn't be too much of a problem.  I've only had issues when it has been the first corridor and Crawdaddy is the boss.  But even then I've almost always been able to work around it.

Mattrick_

Yea it looks pretty solid.

Looking forward to getting a race going with this