Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Hello, I have a game for you.

Started by MadMansMind, August 10, 2015, 11:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMansMind

Hi. I'm a game designer. I've been lurking off and on on this site for at least 10 years. It's been a while since I've been back here, but now that I am I felt it was time to register and introduce myself. I have a project I am working on that's currently up on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight. I've always loved The Guardian Legend, and always wished there were another game that blended the action adventure and shmup genres together so well.

Well, I eventually learned the skills needed to build my own game and decided to start a project that I feel is a spiritual successor of sorts. I want to bring this game to this community and hope that it meets your approval as fellow fans of TGL. I am co-developing this game, and we decided to go for a late Genesis / early SNES aesthetic. The gameplay of the top down adventure section borrows from more modern twin stick shooter games as well.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497458800

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/628867300/the-omega-imperative

arseniy

Hi!
Great to see some projects based on TGL genre mix!
It has very very MSX feel not SEGA/SNES. The graphics is very amateur, homemade. I dunno should you find an artist or keep this style. Might be like a feature.
:redlander:

MadMansMind

You know, that's interesting. We have gotten a lot of feedback about the aesthetic. Some people think it looks like Gameboy Color, others think it's spot on. I like your comparison to MSX, and have fond memories of playing lesser known titles on the MSX emulators. Perhaps we will take this and run with it.

deepshock

From one TGL-inspired designer to another, I wish you well in making this thing and making it well.

Thanks for your contribution!  :bluelander: :redlander:
Steel Seraph developer.

www.facebook.com/steelseraph
www.twitter.com/steelseraphgame

UserK

Phew, I'm late. Even my browser forgot about this...

Hello Mike! I'm sorry to see that not getting funded, it looked like something solid you could have pulled off. Some things I've seen are interesting.

One day we should really do a brainstorm with all the ideas you guys keep pulling out of your cylinders! Welcome!