Updates:

Fans are welcome!

TGL Randomizer Interface

Started by Mattrick_, September 11, 2015, 09:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattrick_

Hey MLPerry, now that the randomizer has gotten super complicated, and is getting to the point where its going to HEAVILY modify the game, is there any chance that we may see a Zelda Randomizer style user interface in the future that would allow us to pick and choose how heavily we want to modify the game?

I was talking to fcoughlin about his randomizer, and he uses a similar function to yours, but he created a complete program interface using visual studio to do so (no idea what your programming experience is)

Now dont get me wrong, i am not at all griping about the current form of it, im just talking about at some point down the line once its refined if thats even a possibility? (I dont know EXACTLY how the current randomizer works, only what you've explained to me briefly on here)

Either way. Appreciate all the hard work you have put into it and cant wait for the next iteration to come out to blast through naju more than i already do :D

Quoise Games

Yeah, once we determine what works as a randomized feature, and we finalize that list, then I can add an interface on top of that.   So I won't come out with that interface until after the final version has been played through for awhile.

Mattrick_

Oh thats fantastic news!

I always had kind of envied the Zelda randomizer, and while i havent taken any part in the actual process of MAKING it, i do take pride in testing and playing it.
And now i can look forward to having something equally as awesome for a game i love ^_^

Mattrick_

I have been keeping people abreast of the changes and things that we have been going through with the randomizer throughout the process for those who DO NOT come here on my twitter @mattrick_ if anyone wants to follow me there to see things as i post them.

Also we tend to post our race times and get things organized on twitter as those of us who do regular races all use it.

Quoise Games

Cool! I've been wanting to put together a trailer like video for the randomizer, and to put it on youtube, so that more people would know about it, I'll probably do that once the last version is done.  I have been able to get the build on romhack. 

Never been a big fan of Zelda, (though I do like Zelda 2). Once this project is done, I plan on randomizing another good game This other game is much more popular, and randomizing it would be fairly easy, and would open up more exiting means of gameplay. You and anyone else that is interested can be involved with that development process, at that time, and I'll go into more details about it then. But yeah, TGL is definitely the best retro game, I just wish there was more "in between" events (more dialog, diverse ways to open doors, different types of scenarios).  I have found out a way basically double the space of the game reliably, so maybe in the distant future, we can revisit this and add completely new elements, making a definite NES sequel to the game

Mattrick_

when it comes time for that, let me know, i can get you whatever footage you need.
I can record pretty much whatever, and can easily rip stuff from my twitch vods as well