Updates:

Fans are welcome!

Sequel Demo - Flash version

Started by BmpCorp, August 16, 2010, 03:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BmpCorp

It's E or quote (') by default. But you can change it on controls screen.

Platonist

wow! it's a really cool demo game ;D
I wish there were some new 8bit music to dig and maybe some better grammar in the info sections - no hate - im just honest! keep up the good work  :heart0:

edit:
also, in my opinion 30 fps is too much. i'd put it at around 25 fps if i were you. ^^
http://reuniverse.org - Free Music - Probably Electronic

arseniy

don't listen to him! 30 FPS is best from the lowest  :3

snesmaster

Great work on the demo.  The format looks great, and it looks like you could make a great sequel using that engine.  I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Platonist

Quote from: arseniy on August 29, 2010, 09:18:15 AM
don't listen to him! 30 FPS is best from the lowest  :3

ok, everyone is entitled to an opinion after all ^^
but as i played the game, it felt like it was running on high speed - compared to the original game
http://reuniverse.org - Free Music - Probably Electronic

arseniy

High speed and FPS isn't a connection. Original game runs 60FPS  :redlander::redlander::redlander:

RagnarokNAJU

i cant fire for the life of me!!!! i cant figure out any controls lol
~~ Cleaveland

Megadeth502

Wow cool demo! I only played for about 2 mins. for some reason i couldn't die  ???

arseniy

BmpCorp

Thank you for your comments everybody. I have updated demo once more, now there's no more unfinished rooms and something like that. There are two corridors along with complete first area, also some new enemies and bosses :) I have added some 8-bit music, too, though, not in every type of room ('cause I haven't chosen it yet). I hope you'll enjoy it. :bluelander:

Quote from: Platonist on August 29, 2010, 04:21:29 AM
I wish there were some new 8bit music to dig and maybe some better grammar in the info sections - no hate - im just honest! keep up the good work  :heart0:

also, in my opinion 30 fps is too much. i'd put it at around 25 fps if i were you. ^^
Well, English isn't my native language, so I'm not perfect in it. I think I'll need some little help with this.

Why do you think 30 fps is too much? Change of fps doesn't affect game speed much, it affects, um, smoothness instead. I think 30 fps is better than 20 or 25, the only drawback I see is the rising of system requirements.

Quote from: RagnarokNAJU on August 31, 2010, 06:32:25 AM
i cant fire for the life of me!!!! i cant figure out any controls lol
I've seen such problem with some players different from Adobe Flash Player. So use it, standalone or as browser plugin. It works either ways on most PCs, though one of my testers had such problem even in Flash Player. I don't really know what about that, but it should work with it correctly.

Also, I've added default controls in the first message, I think it could be handy.

Quote from: Megadeth502 on September 04, 2010, 12:42:22 AM
Wow cool demo! I only played for about 2 mins. for some reason i couldn't die  ???
Now you can! :skull:

Well, I think it would not be necessary to upload every next version of game. Otherwise it will be uninteresting to play it when it is finished, I suppose :) But your ideas could be useful, so post them if you wish. Thanks again for all the support :)

arseniy

The game should be played in the player version you compiled or higher. I think it is 10 player compilation?
In player 9 controls not works. I have 10 player in firefox and games works there.

arseniy

I stuck on some place bcuz of a bug. The gun stopped to work.

BmpCorp

Quote from: arseniy on September 05, 2010, 05:14:35 AM
The game should be played in the player version you compiled or higher. I think it is 10 player compilation?
In player 9 controls not works. I have 10 player in firefox and games works there.
The game requires Flash Player 10 and I'm surprised you could even launch it on 9. I thought it should give you a "Movie not loaded..." message.

Quote from: arseniy on September 06, 2010, 05:41:15 AM
I stuck on some place bcuz of a bug. The gun stopped to work.
Oh man. I though I had fixed this bug for good... well, do you have the same problem every time you get there?

arseniy

Not everytime./ The next time I got to the adventure mode. I was killed there, screen went black and it said after half minute maybe flash player was crashed.

I ask you or someone else  attach saved game file.

I think 1st level as is is too hard for a novice player.

It was nice to hear the music from Sentai Jetman. I also like that music  :heart::heart::heart: (the game also was OK but too little variation in the levels)

BmpCorp

Quote from: arseniy on September 06, 2010, 11:00:02 AM
Not everytime./
Well, did you encounter this bug several times? I and my testers haven't encounter it during countless runs... that's strange.

Quote from: arseniy on September 06, 2010, 11:00:02 AM
screen went black and it said after half minute maybe flash player was crashed.
Maybe you've tried to load a savegame from older versions. That's it, when there's something wrong with the savegame, screen becomes black.

I've attached a savegame just after first corridor, if you need one.

I know that the beginning of the game is harder than original game, but it is supposed to be such way. Do you think it is too much?