Updates:

Fans are welcome!

2D or 3D?

Started by arseniy, August 28, 2010, 08:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you expect 2D or 3D graphics for The Guardian Legend sequel better?

2D
19 (63.3%)
3D
5 (16.7%)
2.5D
6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 30

arseniy

:bluelanderbig: rephrase the question into better if you can  :heart:

snesmaster

I would like a 2D sequel.  Don't mess with perfection.  I feel the 3D would totally change the feel of the classic game that everyone loves.

If it had to be 3D then I would want something like the New Super Mario Bros, where the perspective is kept the same as the original game.  I don't want some 3D shooter like Doom.

Daenorius

And what if Nintendo/Irem/Compile comes up with a sequel/remake in the style of Metroid Other M? I guess that would be quite the sight. 3D is not necessarily bad; perhaps an FPS like the Prime series would not be that good given TGL's gameplay, but a 3rd person, 3D title much more adventure oriented could make the day.

Rynn Rayne

Both have their potential for geatness, but 2D sprites are much easier to make or modify, as opposed to 3D modelling.

3D would allow the game world to be expanded to incredible levels, as ypou could hide things like special weapons, blue/red landers, etc. in totally new areas, not to mention making the game significantly longer to complete, which, partially depending on the AI, would make or break the game.

2D, however - as I pointed out sprites are easier to work with, and you could even use an older game engine from, say, the SNES or Genesis era to have better graphics without having to make the game engine by itself.

And be it a remake or a fan sequel - all of us old timers or "retro gamers", I think, would perfer 2D.

CODE RGB

I'm gonna have to say 2D for the most part, they could even do something different and make the labyrinth 3D and the corridors 2D!
Hoping and praying for a Virtual Console release someday!

coinilius

Why not both, like when Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion came out around the same time :D

In terms of a fan game, though, it would be easier to focus on creating a 3d game, I would imagine.

Payasoplas

I voted for 3D (graphics) with 2D Gameplay, like the first Metal Gear Solid, with its 3D grpahics, but keep?ng the gameplay  like the old games, shooting areas like RayStorm. :redlander:

Daniroth

2D. If there was going to be a 3D game, it would have to be done professionally. I do not think we have all the time and resources to make a good 3d version of the game. A 3d version of the game would cost a lot of money to make.

Cybertox

2D if you ask me. We want the old good Guardian legend with more options an toughter bosses. Because original bosses are way too easy.

MoonCloud

never thought I'd say this, but ...
I think a 3D-ish remake would be better actually.
I am usually all for 2D but I think the game could work really well in 3D..
and a sequel would probably still my curiosity  ;D

RagnarokNAJU

~~ Cleaveland

teremochek

Now I for 2D. Though is better if will be both 3D game and 2D game
                                                         P.S. To live well :bluelander:. And it is good to live perfectly  :redlander:

arseniy

Quote from: Daenorius on August 29, 2010, 07:54:29 AM
And what if Nintendo/Irem/Compile comes up with a sequel/remake in the style of Metroid Other M? I guess that would be quite the sight. 3D is not necessarily bad; perhaps an FPS like the Prime series would not be that good given TGL's gameplay, but a 3rd person, 3D title much more adventure oriented could make the day.
Everyone would be just happy - but look over 25 years passed :skull: :skull: :skull:

I think they not really intrested. I was very sure they will do sequel :heart: but no :(...

Megadeth502

i would really love to see SNES 2D graphics with a 3D view point like StarCraft 1  ???

does that make sence?  ;D :P

MoonCloud

fake-3d like in starwing or like in axelay?  :P I prefer the latter..